test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Inspired by Wonder Woman theme build

thewinxfairythewinxfairy Posts: 70 Arc User
As the title states, I’m thinking of creating a new character for the challenge inspired by Wonder Woman.... but which powers sets would you pull from? SB and Unarmed maybe? Wonder Woman strikes more agile and nimble to use Heavy Weapons and/Might powers. Any suggestions?

Comments

• thewinxfairythewinxfairy Posts: 70 Arc User
    I’ve mostly use the energy projector and mystic/paranormal ranged power sets due to mostly having all out fairy-themed builds. Any explanation as far as mechanics go would be appreciated!
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    I guess Dragon Uppercut, Reaper's Caress, and Dragon Kick and/or Scything Blade fit the bill as main attacks? Bolas could sub for the lasso- or maybe one of the chain/lariat powers. I dunno.. the hero could have a buncha diff stuff given to them if they are inspired by WW, so I'm not sure what else you'd want to settle on.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
    thanks for the feedback.... The build doesn't have to be 100% WW. A little deviance is fine since WW is just an inspiration. My concern would be how to mesh those powers into a build, you know, to make it functional.
    Okay, well.. here's one example:

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=32&n=&d=11230abGA9PK0000007200D105DM009A03B800EP0XK501ET03DJ00ON017M04DG032Q0000002jN911KW42kg20000000000&e=

Super Stats
    Level 6: Strength (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Master (Str: 8, Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 10)
    Level 6: Covert Ops Training (Str: 3, Dex: 3, Con: 3, Int: 3)
    Level 9: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 12: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 15: Martial Focus (Str: 5, Dex: 5)
    Level 18: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 21: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Boomerang Toss
    Level 1: Reaper's Caress (Rank 2, Cleaving Strikes)
    Level 6: Steadfast
    Level 8: Invulnerability (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Form of the Tempest
    Level 14: Dragon Kick (Rank 2, Dragon Rush)
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2)
    Level 20: Dragon Uppercut (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Cut Down
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Bolas (Nailed to the Ground)
    Level 32: Parry (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Fiery Embrace
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 27/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Strength: Swole (2/3)
    Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
    Strength: Brutality (2/2)
    Strength: Juggernaut (1/3)
    Strength: Overpower (2/3)
    Brawler: The Glory of Battle (1/3)
    Brawler: Penetrating Strikes (2/2)
    Brawler: Ruthless (2/2)
    Brawler: Setup (2/2)
    Brawler: Flanking (3/3)
    Warden: Slaughter (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Upper Hand (2/3)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Mastery: Warden Mastery (1/1)

The last 1-2 powers can be w/e ya want. Alternates between Reaper's Caress and either charged DK for Rush/energy or charged DU for more single-target dmg (and/or the knockup). AoE can be done w/ Reaper's melee cleave effect and/or with charged DK's pbAoE. Bolas is there for theme (and to ground flying enemies, just to give it some extra use), though that could be a tapped Lariat power instead (w/ the self-heal adv) if you want something a bit more practical for the build. Gears mostly for Dex, w/ some Con (and maybe some Str).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    What role would you like the character to play?
    Good morning! Thanks flow and Carrion!

Melee dps sounds fun!
    edited April 2019
    I figured you'd want to be more durable w/ something like an Invuln build for the concept, but if you don't mind being squishier then you could switch to something like Unstoppable as the slotted passive and use the melee dps role.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    What power are you going to use to make villains tell you the truth about whatever ;)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    Have you thought of a background for your character? Or is she just essentially Wonder Woman? Would you like suggestions?
    Hey all! Just an update: I fooled around on the pts with SB and Unarmed powers to see how I like them... and to be honest, I didn’t like SB’s gameplay and general feel. Unarmed, while the gameplay could be fun, I found the “chi” aspect too aesthetically distracting.

With that said, I’m no longer really looking into putting the character together and went with something for the challenge.

I really appreciate everyone that came to give input here!