test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Sniper Gloves for Soul Beam Sorcerer?

Trying to figure out if my Sorcerer would get more damage out of OV DPS gloves or a Cosmic Primary with a Crit or Soviet core. No survivability or aggro issues, so DPS is the only metric I'm concerned with.

Pretty standard ST-focused Sorc build - Guardicator using DEX PSS, CON SSS, and stacking INT w/ Concentration as the toggle.

Abilities used are Wisp w/ Cursed/Guide ADV's to debuff magic resist and amplify Soul Beam damage.

Sheet critical rate is 33.5% w/ ~150DEX & 231 crit strike rating. Critical severity is 121%. With 3/3 Find the Mark & Focused Strikes, effective crit rate is 48.5% - which is consistent with my ACT parses.

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    My sorc dps is int prime, but I see a slight dps increase in my dummy parses with the sniper gloves as opposed to a wrath fang w/ crit. W/ your crit chance I imagine you would see the same.
  • Options
    kamokamikamokami Posts: 1,633 Arc User
    Trying to figure out if my Sorcerer would get more damage out of OV DPS gloves or a Cosmic Primary with a Crit or Soviet core. No survivability or aggro issues, so DPS is the only metric I'm concerned with.

I suggest also testing against a offense or a coruscating might core.
    Pretty standard ST-focused Sorc build - Guardicator using DEX PSS, CON SSS, and stacking INT w/ Concentration as the toggle.

Abilities used are Wisp w/ Cursed/Guide ADV's to debuff magic resist and amplify Soul Beam damage.

If you're open to it, I suggest checking out INT prim / DEX / CON or REC with dex/int split mods for gear and Chilled Form as the toggle.
    Sheet critical rate is 33.5% w/ ~150DEX & 231 crit strike rating. Critical severity is 121%. With 3/3 Find the Mark & Focused Strikes, effective crit rate is 48.5% - which is consistent with my ACT parses.

Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

Is that with the crit strike gloves or with the snipers?

In test dummy parses, I find that snipers provide a 3-5% boost in dps over cosmic secondaries. I have not tested them against the coruscating might core.

In cosmic fights it's a different story. On ranged characters, I use both to maximize damage depending on the situation. Generally, you want to position yourself in such a way that you can get the most number of auras on your character. Sometimes that means you need to get a bit closer to the cosmic and lose the procs on sniper gloves in which case it's best to have alternate gear to swap into.

If you are far enough away and still getting all of the auras then snipers will do better.

Either way the difference is there but it's super small. It only matters if you min-maxing to the nth degree.