test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

How to turn Gold slot into Silver Freefrom slot?

So I have an old Gold toon that I want to turn into a silver freeform. However, when I try to retrain him, the system only shows that I can only convert him into an archetype. I still have 1 freeform slot free, why won't it let me convert him into that slot?
mfZ37eB.png
Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
DeviantART|FurAffinity|
Twitter

Comments

• Options
    shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    You may have to convert to archetype then to Silver Freeform slot, only other way might be to relog.
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    You may have to convert to archetype then to Silver Freeform slot, only other way might be to relog.

Doesn't the conversion only work once? I don't want my toon to accidentally become a permanent archetype.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    If I am understanding the OP correctly...

Since you created a Gold FF character and want to convert it, your only option is to select an archtype to convert to.

Do you even have a Silver Freeform slot? Those were a rare drop several years ago, during an event... and some people were able to get them, but those are separate character slot. Otherwise, the only way to get them now is to buy them from the C-Store, and they are a separate character slot themselves.

In order to use the Silver FF slot, you will need to create a new character using that slot.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    In order to use the Silver FF slot, you will need to create a new character using that slot.
    Incorrect, they fixed that last year (however, I don't know exactly how to do it, cuz LTS so never had reason).
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    You cannot convert a Gold character to a Silver Freeform character... only to an archtype. Silver Freeform slots are just that... a new character slot.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    You cannot convert a Gold character to a Silver Freeform character... only to an archtype. Silver Freeform slots are just that... a new character slot!

I'm not sure why you repeated this after panta pointed out that it was wrong. So I'll also let you know that this information you're giving is incorrect. There was a feature added sometime mid last year that allows us to consume a FF slot to turn a regular slot into a FF slot, preserving the character within.

So I have an old Gold toon that I want to turn into a silver freeform. However, when I try to retrain him, the system only shows that I can only convert him into an archetype. I still have 1 freeform slot free, why won't it let me convert him into that slot?

I asked someone just now and they say there should be a button that says Upgrade on the right of the character select screen. So not the Retrain button. Are you seeing a button that says Upgrade when you have that slot selected?​​
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    This is all the information that I have found so far on this issue.

From the Patch Notes Dated 7/17/2018...

Freeform Character conversion
    • Silver players who have a unused Freeform Character Slot from purchasing one in the ZEN store can choose to use up that slot to convert a Standard character into a Freeform character.
    • Doing this conversion will cause the unused Freeform Slot to become a Standard Character Slot.
    • To clear up any confusion, doing this conversion will not cause you to lose an empty character slot, but will use up the Freeform aspect of the slot.
    • The character that is converted will be sent to the powerhouse and have their powers reset.
    • This can only be done on Silver accounts, and will not be an option if you are Gold or Lifetime.
    • You can access this option via the character select screen, but you must have purchased a Freeform Character Slot prior to using the option.
    Before:
    convert1.jpg

After:
    convert2.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Well if you had that information then why did you say it couldn't be done u3u

Also, much more helpful would be posting a screenshot of the entire character select screen and pointing out the button that is used to perform this function, since that's what OP is asking about.​​
  • Options
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Well if you had that information then why did you say it couldn't be done u3u

Also, much more helpful would be posting a screenshot of the entire character select screen and pointing out the button that is used to perform this function, since that's what OP is asking about.​​

I didn't have the information at the time I posted, I was unaware of this change and dug up this information a few minutes ago since you pointed out my mistake, (thank you BTW). I have been LTS since long before 7/17/18, but was not actively playing the game during the summer of last year... if you must know. Since I am not a Silver player, I don't have access to this slot upgrade in question.

• Options
    Yeah that seems to be a reoccurring issue, anytime someone asks about this the only people that respond are LTS players .-.​​
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    I've never been anything but LTS, but am usually curious as to the strange ways of AT<->Silver<->Gold<->whatever.

So many posts about "how do I ___?" (in regard to AT/Silver/Gold) usually wind up with some (I assume) correct method. Especially if no further posts in that thread occur.

As one of many that try to be helpful, I'm always at such a loss as to how to "help" in these situations.

Part of the reason I pay attention to this stuff is that my friend, who long ago stopped playing, was only a "monthly subscription" player. He has no intention of ever getting a LTS, so stuff about how he can play his old characters is of interest to me.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    I asked someone just now and they say there should be a button that says Upgrade on the right of the character select screen. So not the Retrain button. Are you seeing a button that says Upgrade when you have that slot selected?​​

This helped! I was scared that I would have to turn that Gold slot into an Archetype for a minute there...
    I didn't see the Upgrade button until I relogged. XP

Thanks for the help guys!
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter