test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So... more questions about Therakiel

The building is neat to look at, some of Taco's best work really. :D

The series of painted windows feel like they're telling a story. But what does it really mean?
ChampsWiki
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
My characters

Comments

• bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    Hmm... looks like a sample illustration of conflict between Heaven and Hell, angel vs demon. I notice that in some windows the demon appears victorious, while in others the angel triumphs. That would seem to reflect Therakiel's dual nature, not wholly sympathetic to either side.

If there's a specific story behind the illustrations, you'd have to ask Cryptic. Champs PnP says nothing about it. Personally I suspect it was meant to be taken symbolically.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Ah, I suppose reading the scriptures of Therakiel might provide some illumination?

Oh right, I don't have a full copy. And forgot to screenshot the parts I did read...

EDIT:: yes really, there are lore collection things where you get to read Therakiel's writings.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    The old Champions Online Wiki had most of Therakiel's "scriptures": http://web.archive.org/web/20130831141041/http://champions-online-wiki.com/wiki/Chapter_and_Verse

I'm afraid I didn't read any story directly relevant to those stained-glass windows, though.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    I did learn a few useful tidbits though. The room with those images is buried deep and is part of the place where Therakiel chose to hide himself after his fall to Earth.

So yeah probably just some metaphorical thing related to the Nephilim idea.

Looks like I'll be visiting a few more items in the future to see if I can find the rest of the lore items.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters