test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Very High DPS PowerArmour

nafeariannafearian Posts: 48 Arc User
Looking for a very high dps build for a PA character - I'd like to try to keep it mainly to beams rather than 'munitions' like rockets and miniguns etc. Any suggestions appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Well, here's one example for 3-slot PA:

https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=31&n=&d=15870VXWaILK000000910096059C0099039E009H039O039403ER009D038O03K6031H001L000ckr438W3UbT50000000000&e=

Super Stats
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)
    Level 10: Endurance (Secondary)
    Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Tempest (Dex: 8, Ego: 10, Rec: 10, End: 10)
    Level 6: Daredevil (Ego: 5, End: 5)
    Level 9: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 15: Shooter (Dex: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 18: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Power Bolts
    Level 1: Eye Beam (Rank 2, 20/20 Fission)
    Level 6: Concentration
    Level 8: Targeting Computer (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Overdrive
    Level 14: Chest Laser (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Reconstruction Circuits (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Concussor Beam (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Masterful Dodge
    Level 26: Energy Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Lock N Load (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Imbue (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Blinding Light
    Level 38: Thundering Return
    Adv. Points: 32/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Insight (3/3)
    Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (2/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)
    Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

Energy requirements are still very high, but w/ aura buffs that can be mitigated quite a bit. Beam-based PA still has narrow AoE reach, so you could consider getting a wider AoE somewhere, if that matters enough to you. The 2 AOs, threat wipe, and self res are more supplemental here, but can obv still help in various ways; its up to you what else you want to round out the build with. Gears mostly for Ego, w/ some End and Rec.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    This works really well! I made a few changes mostly based on preference:

Any / Multiple
    v3.29:31

Super Stats
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
    Level 15: Endurance (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Tempest (Dex: 8, Ego: 10, Rec: 10, End: 10)
    Level 6: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Daredevil (Ego: 5, End: 5)
    Level 12: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 15: Shooter (Dex: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 18: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 21: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Power Bolts
    Level 1: Eye Beam (Rank 2, 20/20 Fission)
    Level 6: Concentration
    Level 8: Targeting Computer (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Overdrive
    Level 14: Chest Laser (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Reconstruction Circuits (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Concussor Beam (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Masterful Dodge
    Level 26: Energy Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Lock N Load (Rank 2)
    Level 32: Imbue (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Palliate (Rank 2, Absolve)
    Level 38: Unbreakable (Rank 2)
    Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Stoic Flight (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Lightning Flash (Rank 2)

Specializations
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Insight (3/3)
    Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (2/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)
    Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

Devices

I thought it might add a bit more survivability having a another heal so I threw the threat wipe on palliate. I generally rely on devices for self-res/picking up others so I thought another AD might be useful. Unbreakable should help with trash dmg and hopefully cycling that with MD will keep me alive with only 5k health.

Laser deflection didn't really fit thematically so I chose style over function on that one :P Really want to make a jedi character now though..

When you say gear mostly Ego with some rec/end, what kind of ratio do you think would be required to maximise damage while also having enough energy to keep the three toggles running? maybe 1 of each energy mod with the rest ego? Using aurum set to trial the build so just trying to work out what I need to set him up with.

Thanks for your help Flow!
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    No prob. In terms of gearing, I'd just toy around w/ it on the PTS. It may be too difficult to sustain 3 toggles all the time when solo, but I'd invest more in Ego and End, since Rec doesn't scale up OD as much as End. I guess I should correct that you may want more End than Ego if solo w/o buffs, whereas you can get away w/ taking more Ego w/ buffs like AoPM or AoAC. Comparing a 480 Ego + 170 End setup vs. a 240 Ego + 410 End setup on the PTS, both were bottoming out on energy w/ the 3 toggles for me, though the Ego-heavy one did it a bit more often. When I changed the passive to R3 AoPM w/ Hybrid role (to simulate getting the aura from a Support ally), though, even the Ego-heavy setup became relatively stable.

So, you may not be able to run all the toggles all the time when solo, but for more casual content you can generally do fine w/ just 2 attack toggles, and you can still chose to throw in the 3rd toggle for extra burst when your energy has been stored up for a bit. Up to you how to handle it all, though.

Also, I'm not sure what you meant by the Laser Deflection comment, as I didn't include it in my build, and I don't see it in the edited one. But if you want to use a diff R3 block enhancer instead for w/e reason, then have at it.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    After reading your gearing guide I put one of each energy mod into the helm. That along with some extra from the secondaries and double gamblers for cost discount seems to be more than enough for energy management (both End and Rec at 195 with 407 Ego).

Pretty much exclusively using this character for endgame groupings so with AoPM (and possibly some other auras) my energy pool sat at 500 and didn't drop below 60%.

One further change I ended up making was getting rid of Palliate, the heal was so bad on a character with low health pool as I forgot it works on percentage - took the blinding light instead because he does take aggro pretty frequently.

You're right about the laser deflection... Don't know where I got that from 0.o must have had the wrong power tab open in game or something!