test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

April 1st's 'changes'

Well done, developers, well done. I first thought that my graphic card suddenly died and then the perk/title popped up. :D
Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
Razira's Primus Database Page
Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Comments

• chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    All we need is everyone's hair and eyes be white and yellow and we'll have Champions Of Xehanort!! CoX for short. (pfft get it?)
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    *Slow Hand Clap*

Well done... you guys got me!!! :D
    Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
  • now they just need to tie it to an aura or a device or GFX option or something so it can be permanent, because i can tell right away a lot of people with canid-based characters who want them as realistic as possible (as much as a superhero game allows for) would kill for something like this...because, you know - dogs are colorblind​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • solhusetsolhuset Posts: 40 Arc User
    now they just need to tie it to an aura or a device or GFX option or something so it can be permanent, because i can tell right away a lot of people with canid-based characters who want them as realistic as possible (as much as a superhero game allows for) would kill for something like this...because, you know - dogs are colorblind​​

Seconded, I'd love this for some of my toons.
  • salmialmisalmialmi Posts: 29 Arc User
    A noir aura in the Foxbat store would be awesome.
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    salmialmi wrote: »
    A noir aura in the Foxbat store would be awesome.
    "Where's that wind coming from?"

"Wherever I go, the wind follows. And it smells like rain."
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    Ahhhhh, that's pretty secksee! Can we keep it this way?
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • This was brilliant, and I want it to be a thing every April Fools.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    I like the HeroCreator prank better https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm. How long did that take Aesica?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    now they just need to tie it to an aura or a device or GFX option or something so it can be permanent, because i can tell right away a lot of people with canid-based characters who want them as realistic as possible (as much as a superhero game allows for) would kill for something like this...because, you know - dogs are colorblind​​
    Dogs being colorblind is...actually something of a myth. Their vision is dichromatic (they have yellow and blue receptors) which means they can't tell the difference between red, yellow, and green. They also have notably poorer visual acuity compared to humans. Basically, your dog vision filter would look more like the dog on the right:

EJ3mSFQ.png

Edit: Actually this one illustrates the color range even better:

QKrEkLr.png
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    I like the HeroCreator prank better https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm. How long did that take Aesica?
    Not that long, really. Maybe like 15 minutes at most? I think I spent more time on the logo than anything else because my artistic skills are poo.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    aesica wrote: »
    They also have notably poorer visual acuity compared to humans. Basically, your dog vision filter would look more like the dog on the right:
    Actually, no -- you're reducing the resolution of an image that is already reduced resolution. If we assume that picture was taken with a camera with the same field of view as a 35mm SLR with a 50mm lens, it should be 27 degree high. It's 211 pixels high, so resolution is 7.8 pixels per degree. 20:20 vision is 60 pixels per degree, so the picture on the left is already at 20:150 vision (the lower pair of pictures is more like 20:100, or 20:75 if you look at the original since it's been shrunk for the forums).

Of course, you're looking at this on a monitor, not through a lens. To get it actually equivalent you should blow it up until it's actually 27 degrees high, which if your screen is 24" away means the image should be 11.3" high or (for a 96 dpi monitor) 1,085 pixels, so open the image and expand it to 5x size (this may require tricks, my browser won't expand it to more than x3. Or just view it from 14" away).
  • it's also a myth that exposure to radiation gives you superpowers or beneficial mutations...it's a superhero game - extreme realism need not apply

otherwise shotgun blasts wouldn't throw you across a room large enough to fit a good-sized house in​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • lan#8253 lan Posts: 34 Arc User
    This Noir thing never really worked for me. The sky got dark, but there was colour everywhere.
  • parts of the effect were tied to graphical options - particularly post-processing; if you had that turned off, you wouldn't get the overlay as it was designed​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    They also have notably poorer visual acuity compared to humans. Basically, your dog vision filter would look more like the dog on the right:
    Actually, no -- you're reducing the resolution of an image that is already reduced resolution. If we assume that picture was taken with a camera with the same field of view as a 35mm SLR with a 50mm lens, it should be 27 degree high. It's 211 pixels high, so resolution is 7.8 pixels per degree. 20:20 vision is 60 pixels per degree, so the picture on the left is already at 20:150 vision (the lower pair of pictures is more like 20:100, or 20:75 if you look at the original since it's been shrunk for the forums).

Of course, you're looking at this on a monitor, not through a lens. To get it actually equivalent you should blow it up until it's actually 27 degrees high, which if your screen is 24" away means the image should be 11.3" high or (for a 96 dpi monitor) 1,085 pixels, so open the image and expand it to 5x size (this may require tricks, my browser won't expand it to more than x3. Or just view it from 14" away).
    Well yeah, no image can perfectly convey how a particular entity's visual strengths and weaknesses might affect what they see compared to a "control" version for comparison. There's also other factors to consider, such as a dog's reduced visual focusing capability, but increased visual range and superior vision in low light. Finally, a blur filter (used for both) is more suitable for conveying uncorrected vision rather than visual acuity, but overall I think it gets the point across.
    it's also a myth that exposure to radiation gives you superpowers or beneficial mutations...it's a superhero game - extreme realism need not apply​​
    Technically, a very small subset of specimens exposed to radiation can exhibit beneficial mutations even though most would suffer detrimental effects. At one point in our long history of modifying crops and livestock to better suit our needs, we did exactly that--crop specimens were bombarded with radiation in hopes of causing some sort of useful mutation. Sometimes, it actually worked.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    Technically, a very small subset of specimens exposed to radiation can exhibit beneficial mutations even though most would suffer detrimental effects.
    While this is true, it affects the offspring, not the person exposed.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Sweet, I'm gonna move next to a wind turbine so my kids can be super heroes.​​
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Sweet, I'm gonna move next to a wind turbine so my kids can be super heroes.​​
    Can't think of any mutagens agents specifically related to wind turbines. In principle seeking exposure to mutagens to speed evolution isn't completely stupid, but the vast majority of mutations either don't do anything discernible, or do something actively harmful.
    Can't think of any mutagens agents specifically related to wind turbines.
    But according to the president of the united states, they cause cancer!