test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Turn off Knocks

areeeareee Posts: 828 Arc User
Trash mobs with knocks that send you flying for massive falling damage
Repeated knocks from groups of enemies randomly ignoring your knock resistance
Mobs that take your knocks without budging an inch at time.

Knocks are borked. Reworking the whole think would take a team of Devs weeks.

So just turn em off.

Comments

• bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    I can see that you've given this a lot of thought, and it's given me a lot to think about, too. Knocks can be a troublesome mechanic when used by players or NPCs so it's clear that more consideration of their implementation... HAYMAKER!
  • areeeareee Posts: 828 Arc User
    I can see that you've given this a lot of thought, and it's given me a lot to think about, too. Knocks can be a troublesome mechanic when used by players or NPCs so it's clear that more consideration of their implementation... HAYMAKER!

I've done 3 cycles of Vigilence thinking about it.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Won't happen, although knocks as they exist in CO (full skill lockout while in the air, landing, and getting up) are a pretty terrible/annoying mechanic overall and this game does overuse them. I think it'd be reasonable if knock (and paralyze/stun/misc control effects) were only used by rank 3 enemies or higher. In Harmon Labs, its easy to find yourself sailing around the room like a pinball since practically everything seems like it has some sort of knock attack.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    My favorite is when the VIPER Powered Armor near the end of the alert decides to knock you so hard and fast you get put right back to the start of the alert.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    deadman20 wrote: »
    My favorite is when the VIPER Powered Armor near the end of the alert decides to knock you so hard and fast you get put right back to the start of the alert.

He's got an EGO the size of Texas. normal-3.gif​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
    My favorite is when the VIPER Powered Armor near the end of the alert decides to knock you so hard and fast you get put right back to the start of the alert.​​

I could get behind that.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    this is the approach I should've taken when suggesting how to redo knocks

just fuggit cause this developer team won't do anything sweeping like that, they aren't gutsy enough to try and fix something broken with a rule that applies everywhere cause 'it might break something' your game is arleady broke
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• If we're going to talk about simple but sweeping changes to knocks to make them less annoying, I would prefer if all knockback was simply converted into knockdowns such as Demolish.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    It'd also be nice if you could still use "usable while moving" and instant abilities while knocked. What I hate so much about it is that a knock is basically a fully-debilitating effect. The absolute worst is when something push-knocks you, yet you still can't do anything because why the hell not? If I could still do something like, use a heal or throw a grenade while flying back, it'd feel a lot less crappy than it does currently.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    The worst is when something knocks you into geometry that doesn't allow you to stand up so you are perm-knocked.
    Do knocks crit?

I got force snap on my AT to pull those annoying run away guys back, doesn't last long, but triggers a selfheal.
    Normally it drags them to me or just tugs them a small distance..

Just a few minutes ago I used it on one of those Heavy Werewolves. I watched a enemy that is normally tugged leave the ground, go sailing past me, I spun around watching in disbelief as it continued going about 40 feet, bounce and land skidding into a car.

....like, that was an ulta mega critical CC move or, knocks are borked.
  • edited April 2019
    The worst is when something knocks you into geometry that doesn't allow you to stand up so you are perm-knocked.

That happened to me twice in a row in Dockside Dustups two days ago.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    My favorite is when the VIPER Powered Armor near the end of the alert decides to knock you so hard and fast you get put right back to the start of the alert.

That is pretty awesome! :D

Btw for anyone having trouble in Harmon Labs, role playing a ping pong ball at the olympics, just remember that you also have knocks and stuns and interrupts and fun things like that. Knock them before they knock you!​​
    spinnytop wrote: »

That is pretty awesome! :D

Btw for anyone having trouble in Harmon Labs, role playing a ping pong ball at the olympics, just remember that you also have knocks and stuns and interrupts and fun things like that. Knock them before they knock you!​​

Yea, it's so much fun fighting a group you have on the ropes only to have an AoE knock that won't kill them scatter them all over the place making it take several times longer to defeat them.
    edited April 2019
    areee wrote: »
    Yea, it's so much fun fighting a group you have on the ropes only to have an AoE knock that won't kill them scatter them all over the place making it take several times longer to defeat them.

Well if you don't like that, then why would you do that? If you don't want them to fly away from you, use Knock Ups, Knock Downs, and Knock Towards powers. I also mentioned Holds, another option that doesn't send them flying away from you. You could also just not pile on tons of Strength/Ego and shorten your knock distance. Plenty of options other than what you're talking about.​​
    spinnytop wrote: »

Well if you don't like that, then why would you do that? If you don't want them to fly away from you, use Knock Ups, Knock Downs, and Knock Towards powers. I also mentioned Holds, another option that doesn't send them flying away from you. You could also just not pile on tons of Strength/Ego and shorten your knock distance. Plenty of options other than what you're talking about.​​

Who said I was the one who does that? I only use knock to's to gather em up for AoEs, knock ups or downs to slow down the enemy damage.
    edited April 2019
    Who said I was the one who does that? I only use knock to's to gather em up for AoEs, knock ups or downs to slow down the enemy damage.

If someone else is knocking targets away, then let them deal with those targets. When I bring a heavy knocker into an alert and go knocking things around, my expectation is that the party will just let me deal with them. Heck I'm practically demanding it when I separate mobs out like that. Actually thinking of making a heavy knocker with my recently leveled 40 so.. yeah, look forward to that ;)

A good policy in Nemesis Smashes is to immediately spam knock-ups and knock-tos on the boss to make them immune just in case someone is going to be using big knock backs.​​
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    Certainly knocks are annoying, but that's all. I've never run into a situation where I (if solo) or a group, was not going to complete the mission because of knocks. Now, if there could be new and more interesting mechanics for mooks to use other than knocks I'd keen to see them.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!