test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 3/28/2019

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited March 2019 in Release Notes
Foxbatcon
For the next 2 weeks Foxbatcon will be running! We are also running the bonus Questionite event where Questionite can drop off of enemies for the next week.
  • Players who log in during the Foxbatcon event will receive the Eye Roll emote on their account.
  • The Silly Dance emote will be available next week when logging in.
  • Added Googly Eyes and Beanie costumes to the event vendor.
  • Added Twister Dance and Juggle emotes to the event store.
  • Players who own the Juggle device can trade it in at the Fixer vendor for the emote version. The Juggle device itself has been retired and will no longer do anything.
  • Added Falling Cards and Spinning Cards auras to the event store.
  • Added several titles to the event store.
  • Added Googly Eye Ray device to the event store.
  • Made a separate section for Foxbatcon perks.
  • The fake Foxbat's can no longer be targeted from a far distance.

Alert Rewards
  • Updated all Alerts that granted generic rewards (like Stars and Catalysts) to instead grant an Equipment Kit.

Cybermind
  • The reward circle will now only appear once the final cutscene has ended and players have been moved into the reward room.

Teleios Ascendant
  • Made a change to Grond to prevent his pathing from bugging out.

Emotes
  • Added Clipboard as a free emote.

Enemies
  • Added a lunge to Grondling enemies.

UI
  • Removed duplicate role icon on the team readout.

Vanity Devices
  • Fixed a bug where some Vanity device items still played an animation on players equipped with the Fun Nullifier device.
  • Players can no longer use vanity devices when they have the Fun Nullifier device equipped.

Powers
Telekinesis
  • Updated animation.
  • Added additional random objects to the base fx.
  • Fixed a bug where this power was being disabled by travel disable effects.
  • Reduced recharge time to 3 seconds (from 5).

Misc
  • Fixed a bug where Earthsplitter was not flagged as an area effect.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• championsrperchampionsrper Posts: 66 Arc User
    I love all of this ♥
  • theglasskittentheglasskitten Posts: 175 Arc User
    Yay, free stuff! Yay, Grond fix! Best patch of the year!
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
  • sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 259 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    • Players can no longer use vanity devices when they have the Fun Nullifier device equipped.
    FINALLY!

This has long been a personal annoyance of mine, where people would gladly farm for perks and titles with vanity devices, but not accept the results of others doing the same.

Honestly, if you take it, you shouldn't be handing it out! Thank you, Cryptic, for resolving this comparatively minor issue that nonetheless annoyed the heck out of me!
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Added Twister Dance and Juggle emotes to the event store.
    Players who own the Juggle device can trade it in at the Fixer vendor for the emote version. The Juggle device itself has been retired and will no longer do anything.
    Added Clipboard as a free emote.
    I see the technology improved and now Emotes can summon objects :grimace:
    I shall wait for the moment the FREEFORM JAZZ emotes are going to become availabe to players
    BtvNzCX.gif
    Vanity Devices
    Fixed a bug where some Vanity device items still played an animation on players equipped with the Fun Nullifier device.
    Players can no longer use vanity devices when they have the Fun Nullifier device equipped.
    More power to the people who found those devices annoying, I need to get Fun Nullifier in more serious characters as well
    Added Falling Cards and Spinning Cards auras to the event store.
    HOLY! FINALLY NEW AURAS :grimace: I thought auras were completely abandomed
    However I dislike that each aura contains only 1 card, forcing you to farm multiple ones to stack them :-1:
    The fake Foxbat's can no longer be targeted from a far distance.
    OH COME ON NOW :| The daily was already annoying alone
    Added Twister Dance and Juggle emotes to the event store.
    ...it's the freaking Fortinite Dance
    kb7cYXK.gif
    ಠ_ಠ​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    The target foxbat thing seems like a pointless fix to a very tedious mission.

Does target not work short distance? Or just doesn’t work at all
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Yay, free stuff! Yay, Grond fix! Best patch of the year!

But now you have to update your video :)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    you madmen

it was just a few years ago the devs kept saying "We can't do emotes with props in them!!"

and now here we are

The impossible is possible!!
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Maybe now we can get Foxbat smile for both gender! More moods and stances!
  • atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 169 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Bug
    Using the Eyeroll emote while targeting players, the chat box line for it is missing a word
    Player1@handle rolls her at Player2.
    Player2@handle rolls his at Player1.
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png
    Playing CO since August 25, 2012
    Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
    "Don't call me lizard!"
  • kaizerin wrote: »
    UI
    • Removed duplicate role icon on the team readout.
    ​​

I've been curious for years to what that was, and what caused it to appear, anyone can shed some light on it? feels like it's the last chance I get to ask x.x

Anyway I like all of these changes, and the new stuff \o/
  • theglasskittentheglasskitten Posts: 175 Arc User
    > @jaazaniah1 said:
    > theglasskitten wrote: »
    >
    > Yay, free stuff! Yay, Grond fix! Best patch of the year!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > But now you have to update your video :)

I so do! Lol he was playing nice on PTS. I’ll test him on live and do an update if all is working well!
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
  • Fix to Grind Pathing? Can it be true? Why am i afraid this will break something else...? Thanks for the update.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    I've been curious for years to what that was, and what caused it to appear, anyone can shed some light on it? feels like it's the last chance I get to ask x.x

My best guess is it was something in place to differentiate freeforms and archetype players, but was just repeating the player's role using a different set of icons. But I'm not 100% sure. Either way it wasn't really doing anything useful.​​
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    My best guess is it was something in place to differentiate freeforms and archetype players, but was just repeating the player's role using a different set of icons. But I'm not 100% sure. Either way it wasn't really doing anything useful.​​
    Checking around, I found some images from back before Free to Play. They had only the lower icon and not the upper icon, so I think they were actually a leftover that never got properly cleaned up.
  • I remember my first Foxbatcon, I approached Kai in game as my clown hero and asked if we could receive the juggle emote that the fake Foxbat characters have. She replied "Maybe!" so at least it was something to consider. A year later, the Juggle device was made and added to the event store. After weeks of grinding, I earned enough credit to buy it. And it was a great vanity toy for my character to have. Best of all I didn't have to type a command to use it, I could activate it with a click.

So naturally this year, the device has been bricked and taken away from players for the reason of..middle finger I guess? It's arbitrary decisions like this that really make me question why I bother with CO to begin with.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    bluhman wrote: »
    you madmen

it was just a few years ago the devs kept saying "We can't do emotes with props in them!!"

and now here we are

The impossible is possible!!

Can't wait for the different Weapon Auras!!!!!!!! And guns shooting lazors!!! And plazma!!!! And ice!!1 And cats!!!1

:#:#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • coraxedgecoraxedge Posts: 1 Arc User
    Thank you.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Maybe now we can get Foxbat smile for both gender! More moods and stances!

More moods and stances would be epic..... they're sorely needed, especially the latter.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • saburfangsaburfang Posts: 121 Arc User
    The vanity device changes are good, two thumbs way way up!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Oh good. The fortnite dance. :|

Well at least I can annoy Avianos with it o3o​​
  • monaahirumonaahiru Posts: 3,073 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Excuse me, how we can get fake [Therakiel Sword?] during this event? o3o
    Just thought it would be worth noting that there is a 33% off sale on LTS too,
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
  • Well thanks for the answer though, xD
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    I remember my first Foxbatcon, I approached Kai in game as my clown hero and asked if we could receive the juggle emote that the fake Foxbat characters have. She replied "Maybe!" so at least it was something to consider. A year later, the Juggle device was made and added to the event store. After weeks of grinding, I earned enough credit to buy it. And it was a great vanity toy for my character to have. Best of all I didn't have to type a command to use it, I could activate it with a click.

So naturally this year, the device has been bricked and taken away from players for the reason of..middle finger I guess? It's arbitrary decisions like this that really make me question why I bother with CO to begin with.
    You'd rather waste a device slot instead of going /emote Juggle?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    sapphiechu wrote: »
    FINALLY!

This has long been a personal annoyance of mine, where people would gladly farm for perks and titles with vanity devices, but not accept the results of others doing the same.

Honestly, if you take it, you shouldn't be handing it out! Thank you, Cryptic, for resolving this comparatively minor issue that nonetheless annoyed the heck out of me!

Agreed, this is great news. I can't say this was ever game breaking but it was annoying. I'm glad it's been fixed for fairness.
    monaahiru wrote: »
    Excuse me, how we can get fake [Therakiel Sword?] during this event? o3o

I believe you need to check the event vendor on April 1st
    I remember my first Foxbatcon, I approached Kai in game as my clown hero and asked if we could receive the juggle emote that the fake Foxbat characters have. She replied "Maybe!" so at least it was something to consider. A year later, the Juggle device was made and added to the event store. After weeks of grinding, I earned enough credit to buy it. And it was a great vanity toy for my character to have. Best of all I didn't have to type a command to use it, I could activate it with a click.

I believe you can trade the device in for the emote, and as someone who has an inventory cluttered with useless stuff like the sword I was never going to get another device. I'm personally glad it's now an emote. However I think the device was 300 foxbat credits, and the emote is only 100. Shouldn't players who got the device also get the difference in foxbat credits?
  • I remember my first Foxbatcon, I approached Kai in game as my clown hero and asked if we could receive the juggle emote that the fake Foxbat characters have. She replied "Maybe!" so at least it was something to consider. A year later, the Juggle device was made and added to the event store. After weeks of grinding, I earned enough credit to buy it. And it was a great vanity toy for my character to have. Best of all I didn't have to type a command to use it, I could activate it with a click.

You'd rather waste a device slot instead of going /emote Juggle?

It's my device slot to waste. Not only that, but now I can't juggle while walking because any movement cancels the animation. I have no idea why in the sweaty hell they couldn't just add the emote to the store and leave the device alone for players who already owned it, other than the reason I mentioned above.
  • poptartmaniac#8493 poptartmaniac Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    So, we tested grond a bit, his pathing isn't as buggy but it still is a bit, saw him moonwalk a bit while tanking him.

Main issue though, unintended effects he's attacking faster, he's also moving a lot faster after his atomic fire (puddle) attack allowing no time to move back to him, his BOOM aoe attack is also bugging out every now and then, causing it to not only be a bit faster but he also skyrockets through the roof then falls back down.

Been tanking him for a while and I was sure there was a small delay after his FOOM attack (the atomic fire) allowing u to move back, always tanked him that way.

Edit: this one's an old bug not new but grond will knock you without doing any animation at all.
    Post edited by poptartmaniac#8493 on
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    I can see the headlines now.... "Florida Man Quits Video Game, Blames Juggling." o3o​​
  • poptartmaniac#8493 poptartmaniac Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Also I agree with some, I'm glad the juggle is an emote now but I feel as if the device should be left alone as it used to be, not rendered useless, or people should get the credit difference when trading it.
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    Juggling while moving was a nice feature.

Not keen on the change, but giving up the "while moving" to free up a device slot makes it more palatable.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • I mean that never bothered me, the cooldown on it is so short, that it didn't matter, I'd just slot it when I wanted to use it. didn't have it taking up device slot space all the time.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    warcanch wrote: »

Not keen on the change, but giving up the "while moving" to free up a device slot makes it more palatable.​​
    It also no longer has a max duration or a cooldown.
  • warcanch wrote: »

It also no longer has a max duration or a cooldown.

Because it's no longer a device, it's an emote. Which means movement will stop the animation, like if somebody throws vanity items at you while using it they can cancel it whether you want to or not. Unlike the device.
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    PER👏SO👏NAL👏 MAGNI👏FIERS👏!!

Tis the month of comically large limbs!
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    I do kind of wonder if the Devs are ever going to admit that this is something they are just unable to do.

JwLmWoa.png
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    I do kind of wonder if the Devs are ever going to admit that this is something they are just unable to do.

They can actually. The reason why Juggle was a device because they said there was some problem with keeping the balls out. Now they found a way to make it into an emote now.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • jaazaniah1 wrote: »

They can actually. The reason why Juggle was a device because they said there was some problem with keeping the balls out. Now they found a way to make it into an emote now.

Yes kudos to CO for just now figuring out how to do emotes with objects in them when CoX had it since launch.
  • nextnametakennextnametaken Posts: 2,212 Arc User
    Why are you calling it the fortnite dance? it's clearly backpack kid 'flos' https://youtu.be/jPAcGuIenw4
  • atherrisatherris Posts: 27 Arc User
    Same level of stupidity as the fortnite dances, and not everyone pays attention to that kind of thing. So assumed, wrongfully yes, that it was a fortnite thing.
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    Vanity Devices
    • Fixed a bug where some Vanity device items still played an animation on players equipped with the Fun Nullifier device.
    ​​
    The fall animation still happen from things like the Super Snowball when I wore the Fun Nullifier device. I also obtain some snowball from the action as well.
  • estraylienestraylien Posts: 7 Arc User

Go to the fixer in recognition and exchange it for the emote version. You have it, just not the device anymore. You will "buy" it from the Fixer. The cost an even exchange, device for the emote. :) They didn't take it away they upgraded! :)