test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Telepathic Reverberation did they nerf it? Edited

paradise1killerparadise1killer Posts: 10 Arc User
edited March 2019 in Power Discussion
I left for a few months and came back and I noticed the energy gain is a flat % now before I could disorent or hold then usa a aoe TK ability to damage and bam full energy bar now its a dull flat %. What happened? Also you use to get more energy off the more people you hit aoe hold aoe damage = energy
Nova Core
ParadiseKiller

House of Beautiful Orions
Zeadonouse
ToLate
Post edited by paradise1killer on

Comments

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    They changed the scaling stat from ego to end.
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    TK Reverb actually scaling more w/ Rec atm than End (makes sense too, cause the TK ATs have Rec instead of End SS'd). I think the in-game tooltip stating End first is just a typo.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I left for a few months and came back and I noticed the energy gain is a flat % now before I could disorent or hold then usa a aoe TK ability to damage and bam full energy bar now its a dull flat %. What happened? Also you use to get more energy off the more people you hit aoe hold aoe damage = energy

Did you mean Telepathic Reverberation? Cause what you're talking about sounds more like that what with all the references to holding.

Also I think "flat %" might be an oxymoron.​​
  • paradise1killerparadise1killer Posts: 10 Arc User
    > @spinnytop said:
    > paradise1killer wrote: »
    >
    > I left for a few months and came back and I noticed the energy gain is a flat % now before I could disorent or hold then usa a aoe TK ability to damage and bam full energy bar now its a dull flat %. What happened? Also you use to get more energy off the more people you hit aoe hold aoe damage = energy
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Did you mean Telepathic Reverberation? Cause what you're talking about sounds more like that what with all the references to holding.
    >
    > Also I think "flat %" might be an oxymoron.​​

My apologies, it is Telepathic Reverberation I mean.

I'll post what the steam guide refers to it and what I use to notice and what I see now.

Telepathic Reverberation
    Energy Unlock
    ★★★
    A really weird energy unlock; unlike every other one, this one has very noticeable visual effects, with small sprites flying towards you whenever it triggers. It's a bit finnicky, if not a little underwhelming when only working on one target, but will easily give you tons of energy if triggered on a big mob of foes.

What I notice now is against big mobs I get no burst of energy I still get the symbol for it working with a 6 sec timer on symbol but no burst of energy anymore on large mobs and I am very sad because it was a staple of one of my builds.
    Nova Core
    ParadiseKiller

Zeadonouse
    ToLate
    edited March 2019
    About 2 or 3 patches ago Telepathic Reverberation was changed so that is why it feels different.. because it is! The change solved the issue it was having with large targets and other players. It also made the EU behave more like other EUs. Now you get the correct amount of energy according to the tooltip, which is a single amount every three seconds. Before you were getting energy returns from each affected target.​​
    edited March 2019
    Telepathic reverb got buffed, not nerfed. It actually works now. However, it might have a fix for stacking from multiple sources.
    Post edited by pantagruel01 on
  • paradise1killerparadise1killer Posts: 10 Arc User
    Telepathic reverb got buffed, not nerfed. It actually works now. However, it might have a fix for stacking from multiple sources.

How is it a buff? I don't get stacks from multi target am I missing something?

I use to get massive energy from this now its a trickle am I doing something wrong?

By the way thank you spinny for the info why did they change it. It was very good before now its really small. Are they nerfing all EU to be the same?
    Nova Core
    ParadiseKiller

Zeadonouse
    ToLate
    How is it a buff?
    Historically it didn't work at all in certain types of content, and was slow and erratic even when it did work. It's possible that it's also weaker in some other type of content, I was mostly noticing when it didn't work at all.
    By the way thank you spinny for the info why did they change it. It was very good before now its really small. Are they nerfing all EU to be the same?

Well, most EUs already behave like they're supposed to so they wouldn't be seeing this kind of a change. The only two that were way overperforming that come to mind are Telepathy and Fire - I believe Fire used to also have an issue where it could acquire energy from multiple targets at once and was changed to only get one tick at a time. So the only changes to EUs you're likely to see going forward are changing some of the ones that give a big chunk of energy at once into the kind that give three ticks over six seconds, a change that has some benefits.​​
  • torduvidetorduvide Posts: 23 Arc User
    It seemed silly to make a new thread for a simple question and this is semi-related thread in that it's talking about a change to an EU so I'll just ask here since I don't really want to really start a discussion as much as I just want a couple of answers for my own peace of mind.

When did the change to Spirit Reverberation happen that made it scale with Endurance instead of Constitution? Does anyone know why they decided to change that? It was rather useful on a couple of my builds and now just isn't so I'm naturally curious as to the why and when.
    torduvide wrote: »
    When did the change to Spirit Reverberation happen that made it scale with Endurance instead of Constitution? Does anyone know why they decided to change that? It was rather useful on a couple of my builds and now just isn't so I'm naturally curious as to the why and when.

That was like 2 or 3 patches ago, so fairly recently. The change to Endurance is part of an ongoing trend of switching most EUs over to either Recovery or Endurance which is likely intended to make us care just a touch more about those two stats. Not enough that anyone actually stacks them, but enough that we might take them as super stats more often.​​