test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Telepathy Cosmic CCer and DPS.... is it possible??

bladestabladesta Posts: 60 Arc User
edited March 2019 in Builds and Roles
So, I figured it might be nice to have something other than a DPS and wanted to have a go at Telepathy. With Shadow Manifestation scaling with PRE, I thought now was the time for a DPS/CC hybrid. Due to limited power slots, I've gone for Seraphim so I can switch between Hybrid and Support for when I don't need the crazy holds. I'm still struggling to fit the two in however, so if it isn't possible to combine the two in a meaningful way, I'll probs just go DPS. I've yet to fully do a Cosmic, so pointers on whether it would be feasible would also be good.

The concept is a super powerful psychic. Any new powers should probably be fired from the head.

TL/DR: CC DPS combo - possible? Mess below, please help!

[/u][/b] Any / Multiple
v3.29:31

Super Stats
Level 6: Presence (Primary)
Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
Level 15: Dexterity (Secondary)

Powers
Level 1: Psi Lash
Level 1: Ego Blast (Rank 2, Mind Opener, Rude Awakening)
Level 6: Ego Sprites (Rank 2, Slave Mentality, Challenge!)
Level 8: Mental Leech
Level 11: Telepathic Reverberation
Level 14: Ego Sleep (Rank 2, Plagued by Nightmares)
Level 17: Seraphim (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 20: Shadow Manifestation
Level 23: Mental Storm (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 26: Ego Storm (Rank 2, Malevolent Manifestation)
Level 29: Lifedrain (Rank 2, Vampiric Sympathy)
Level 32: Psionic Healing (Rank 2)
Level 35: Manipulator
Level 38: Telekinetic Shield (Rank 2)
Adv. Points: 34/36 - 2 are saved for Travel Power

Specializations
Presence: Dominion (2/2)
Presence: Grandeur (3/3)
Presence: Moment of Glory (3/3)
Presence: Vulnerability (2/2)
Overseer: Administer (3/3)
Overseer: Ruthless (2/2)
Overseer: Impact (2/2)
Overseer: Trapped (3/3)
Sentinel: Torment (2/2)
Sentinel: Eternal Spring (2/2)
Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
Sentinel: Wither (2/2)
Mastery: Sentinel Mastery (1/1)

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    I suppose the plan is to use Manip for when you plan on CCing, and Shadow Manifest for other situations? The dps still won't be great then since its TP, using a hybrid passive, and stating Pres, but it can still be serviceable given it also has spec debuffs to boost group dps. I may try to rank up the block more, either way- esp as you're gonna be pretty squishy as is and don't have an AD or self-res. I'm unsure how good the build be in practice, but the concept of having two Pres-scaling toggles for diff 'roles' can work in theory.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    edited March 2019
    By Cosmic CCer, I'll assume your aim is to solo CC at Kiga and Qwyjibo. With that in mind, here's one build variation that could handle the job. There are a few odd choices, which I'll try to explain below.

Telepathy CC/DPS
    Any / Multiple
    v3.29:31

Super Stats
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)
    Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
    Level 15: Presence (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Mind (Int: 8, Ego: 10, Pre: 10, End: 10)
    Level 6: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 9: Shrug It Off (Con: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 12: Showmanship (Ego: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 15: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
    Level 18: Daredevil (Ego: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Prodigy (Pre: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Psi Lash
    Level 1: Ego Blast (Rank 2, Mind Opener)
    Level 6: Telepathic Reverberation
    Level 8: Shadow Form (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Mental Leech (Challenge!)
    Level 14: Shadow Manifestation
    Level 17: Ego Sleep (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Telekinetic Maelstrom (Rank 2, Inner Peace)
    Level 23: Mental Storm (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Telekinetic Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3, Telekinetic Reinforcement)
    Level 29: Manipulator (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Aura of Radiant Protection (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Mind Lock
    Level 38: Masterful Dodge
    Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Athletics (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Insight (3/3)
    Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
    Protector: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Protector: Unrelenting (1/2)
    Protector: Bulwark (2/2)
    Protector: Debilitating Challenge (2/2)
    Protector: Resolute (2/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: The Rush of Battle (2/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Mastery: Protector Mastery (1/1)

Devices
    Slot 1: Psionic Accelerator

Kigatilik, Phase 1:
    Pull the dogs in Hybrid role with AoRP. Use Masterful Dodge to mitigate damage on the pull. I'd strongly recommend using alternative defense-slot gear that stacks Avoidance during the pull.

Stun the dogs with TK Maelstrom when they reach you. Target one in the middle of the pack, and charge Ego Sleep to hit all 4. Use Mind Lock while they sleep to keep up your Manipulator stack. When you see your hold resist stack fade, use TK Maelstrom to manually break the sleep and Stun them, then reapply Ego Sleep. Sometimes the dogs have time to shift between Maelstrom's damage and its stun application, so be mindful of their position when you target them with Sleep. Make sure to apply enough Challenge with Mental Leech to keep the dogs' threat on you, but not so much that it becomes a problem for the tank to pull a dog away.

I ranked Manipulator to 3 because I removed Ego Storm as a pre-fight stacking tool. Ego Storm is certainly useful, but I opted for TK Maelstrom/Mind Lock in this setup. Maelstrom gives you an AoE stun to lock down regular-content mobs, and a tap-trigger for Shadow Manifestation. Ego Storm can be used to keep up Manipulator while the dogs sleep, but Mind Lock lets you do it while still sitting within Dependency range. Minding the dual-role qualifications didn't leave much room for self-healing, making Dependency an important tool for surviving Kiga's storms in Phase 2. If Manipulator bugs and doesn't stack to 3 before the fight, you can toggle on Shadow Manifestation then switch back to Manipulator.

You'll want enough Presence to ensure that your Manipulator-buffed Ego Sleep can outlast a 2-stacked hold resist. Once you establish sufficient threat, you can swap to Support role if you choose. If you have access to the test server, I'd recommend practicing your CC rotation there before jumping into a live-fire exercise.

Kigatilik, Phase 2:
    Similar to Phase 1, but survival is more difficult. Masterful Dodge with stacked Avoidance and your Hybrid AoRP (and a respectable health pool...I'd aim for 10k or higher) should let you face-tank a Kiga blast while you charge your first Sleep after the TK Maelstrom stun. Certain devices and healing consumables are also helpful.

Once the tank gets Kiga's attention, the rotation is similar to Phase 1. Keep spamming Mental Leech's Challenge; it's important to always keep the dogs' attention on you if you're using the Maelstrom-Sleep rotation. Hybrid role with Bulwark's threat boost helps. Staying in Hybrid is fine, as you should be beyond aura range of your allies on the platform. Standing between the dogs lets Dependency keep you healthy during Kiga's damage-over-time effects.

This build could technically do a perma-hold rotation with Mental Storm-Sleep, but it's fairly common to find the dogs positioned such that Mental Storm's 10-foot radius misses one of them. I'd recommend sticking with Maelstrom-Sleep while you're still learning.

Qwyjibo:
    Support role with AoRP. Make sure you aren't running Hybrid AoRP here, to prevent the block bug for allies. When the hearts spawn, Ego Sleep one of the side hearts. Then target Qwyjibo, and aim Psionic Accelerator so you catch the other two hearts in the cone. Apply Ego Sleep to those two as it recharges, and before Accelerator's paralyze wears off. Use a full-charge Mental Storm to patch up a heart that's been hit. Use TK Maelstrom (on Qwyjibo) or Mind Lock to keep up your Manipulator stack. I'd recommend setting up hotkeys to target each individual heart, so you can monitor them throughout the fight. Unrelenting is helpful, letting you move at full walk speed while blocking, in anticipation of a random fireball.

DPSing:
    Shadow Form in Ranged role with Shadow Manifestation. You can replace Shadow Form with Ego Form, if you prefer. You could run Manipulator for regular mobs, if you prefer longer lockdowns.

For single hold-immune targets, tap-spam Ego Blast while weaving in Mental Storm, Ego Sleep (for the guaranteed Disorient), and Mental Leech/TK Maelstrom as needed to stack Shadow Manifestation. Leech will still apply Challenge, but you shouldn't be building enough threat to pull from a decently-built tank. You won't win any DPS awards, but the Ego/Vindicator trees should keep your single-target output respectable.

You could consider swapping out Vindicator to bring back Sentinel with its mastery, or running a Presence primary. Either alternative would lower your personal DPS, but offer other benefits.

Ego Mastery is an alternative if you don't find Protector Mastery useful with just one Active Defense.

If you don't plan to self-pull at Kiga, you could swap out Masterful Dodge and Protector Mastery.