test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

MD for Tanks?

Lately, I've been putting my hat into the Tanking ring, and been getting builds from @flowcyto, a really nice person with the knowhow for builds. After he/she gave me a build for a Darkness Tank, I've been wondering about a certain power he included.

He/she put Masterful Dodge as the 12th power, and I wonder why, considering it's not a dodge tank. Say a tank is tanking a boss like Vikorin or Teleiosaurus; when would Masterful Dodge be used?

Any help given would be appreciated, as usual.

Best Answers

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    This makes sense, but the question is when the correct time to use it would be; as in, a general phase that an endgame boss would go through.
    It's for "I know I'm going to take substantial damage with limited healing". Usually this is emergency situations such as buying time when the healers are dead.
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,075 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    Good to pop it at the beginning of some fights that you will take significant, early damage because you only have the 1 starter stack of Defiance.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • zombiehunter1968zombiehunter1968 Posts: 94 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    OK, thanks for the feedback!
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    Lately, I've been putting my hat into the Tanking ring, and been getting builds from @flowcyto, a really nice person with the knowhow for builds. After he/she gave me a build for a Darkness Tank, I've been wondering about a certain power he included.

He/she put Masterful Dodge as the 12th power, and I wonder why, considering it's not a dodge tank. Say a tank is tanking a boss like Vikorin or Teleiosaurus; when would Masterful Dodge be used?

Any help given would be appreciated, as usual.
    well, already been well answered here. I like to recommend MD and Resurgence for tanks, so you have a big heal and a nice mitigation cd (which MD effectively is) as diff options. Only other thing to clarify here is that I'm a dude :p
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!

Answers