test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Handy Keybinds

Ever want to do that Superman to Clark Kent quick change?

The way you do this is using key-binds. You type the following strings into your chat box:

/bind y "+PowerTrayExec 14 $$ setactivecostume 0 0"
/bind t "+PowerTrayExec 14 $$ setactivecostume 0 1"

T to take off flying as your super and Y to land as your disguise...
or you can save these as alias commands to use just one key to toggle.

/alias land "+PowerTrayExec 14 $$ setactivecostume 0 1 $$ bind f fly"
/alias fly "+PowerTrayExec 14 $$ setactivecostume 0 0 $$ bind f land"
/bind f fly

There is a "warm up" period so you need to wait a few seconds before changing again. Your first costume slot is "0 0" the second is "0 1" and continue "0 2", etc.

Alias commands do everything at once the $$ mean "and" so you can string multiple commands together. However making the character doing an emote before using the travel power is impossible. The string would attempt to activate both and only one command would happen.

Have fun using this and I will add more handy keybinds as I find them.
banner.png
Raging Princess Blaze + Model 286 + Red Inferno + Burgundy Beetle

Comments

• sandukutupusandukutupu Posts: 65 Arc User
    I am going to add this here, it seems to fit well. I am looking at how I have remapped my layout. If you believe you have a cool keyboard layout for keybinding please do share. You will notice most of my keys pertain to the left side of the keyboard. Anything I don't have listed is most likely the default.

My two most common used powers are LMB and RMB pressed, everything is consolidated mainly because of my little fingers.
    banner.png
    edited August 2017
    I was looking (poking about chat) for new gen commands.Specifically I was hunting the Socrates Crime Computer. It took some time but I found it. However I found Minesweeper first.

/gensendmessage MineSweeper_Root show

However on my keyboard interface I added;

/bind F5 gensendmessage Hud_Minimap_Socratesbutton activate

The creates a shortcut to the Crime Computer, I am sure there are other hidden treasures to be found.

Also please note this also works the same as above;

/bind F5 genbuttonclick Hud_Minimap_Socratesbutton
    Post edited by sandukutupu on
    banner.png
  • siegericsiegeric Posts: 11 Arc User
    Some of the following material is pulled from the larger Key Bind sticky that is worth reviewing for people just starting getting familiar with the key bind process. For reference the Powertray looks like:

| 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 15 |
    | 16 | 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 14 |

16 = Block
    0 = Auto-attack
    1-6 = remainder of bottom bar of display
    7-13 = top bar of display (alt keys)
    14 & 15 = Travel powers
    *it is important to remember that the Powertray numbers do not match the number keys unless you bind them to match.

Similarly, Devices are numbered 0-4 (corresponding with slots ctrl+1-5)

I essentially play the game with my left hand and use my right hand to move the camera around, select targets, and very rarely to fire a power or device in a way I don't normally do. I remapped the first three buttons of the alt-tray bar to 'q,' 'e,' and 'r' because that matches another game I play. 'a' and 'd' become turn left and turn right and 'ctrl+a' and 'ctrl+d' become strafe left and right. '1' (Powertray slot 0) stays slotted as the auto-attack as that allows you to turn it off if needed. '2' is where I slot my Ultimate, but any attack/heal could be slotted there. '3' is normally an AOE maintain for me. '4' and '5' are for Active Defense/self-heals. My keybinds, which I also set to alias, and then have a separate alias/key bind import option using a .txt file in my localdata folder (this is useful if you have multiple toons and want the same set up on each of them), are as follows:

Primary Attack /bind q "DefaultAutoAttack 1 $$ PowerTrayExec 1 7"
    -this fires my primary attack to full maintain; limited by Energy, and toggles on auto-attack.
    Secondary Attack /bind e "DefaultAutoAttack 1 $$ PowerTrayExec 1 8"
    -same as my primary, but a less-used attack
    Tertiary Attack /bind r "DefaultAutoAttack 1 $$ PowerTrayExec 1 9"
    -I normally slot my lunge here if a melee toon, but any attack/heal would work (you'll likely want to bind in targeting option like target's target for a heal, with ctrl as an option to fire the damaging version or vice versa)
    AOE Attack /bind 3 "DefaultAutoAttack 1 $$ PowerTrayExec 1 2"
    -activate and fully maintains my AOE attack; limited by Energy.
    Buff Form /bind n PowerTrayExec 1 13
    -fully charges buff form following a recovery, though it may get interrupted if another resser bumps you as you are charging; will also turn off your buff form so only press it once (switching the bind to 'ctrl+n' will make it less likely to accidentally deactivate). Replace 13 with wherever you have your buff form slotted.
    Active Offense Fire /bind z "+PowerTrayExec 10 $$ +PowerTrayExec 11 $$ +PowerTrayExec 12 $$ +InventoryExec Devices 0" -this will fire whichever Active Offense is not on cooldown, though you may have to press it multiple times to get the device to fire as well. You can trim this if you have less Active Offenses. I have a device slotted in Devices 0 that I fire in conjunction; remove if you don't.
    Shield On /bind SHIFT PowerTrayExec 1 16
    -turns your Block into a Toggle.
    Shield Off /bind v PowersCancelAllActivations
    -will turn off your Block, can also be used to display weapons out of combat by interrupting a charge attack. Can also be used to interrupt any of your charge/maintain powers if you need to do something else or want to conserve Energy.
    Darkspeed On /bind b +InventoryExec Devices 3
    -this will fully charge a travel device and can be fired while moving, which is useful when you are running back after a recovery.
    Device Activation /bind ctrl+b InventoryExec 1 Devices 1
    -this fires a device that has a charge activation (I have several) that is used situationally (e.g., RenCen teleporter).

Other useful binds:
    /bind F1 "target "Shadow Portal" $$ target "Shadow Crystal" $$ target "Enervating Crystal""
    -if you do Eidolon, you should have this mapped.
    /bind F9 "startchatwith /channelsend "Zone" "
    /bind F10 "startchatwith /channelsend "Cosmic_HQ" "
    /bind F11 "startchatwith /channelsend "Local" "

Options for Turn-off Auto-Attack, Target Teammate/target self, activate heal:
    /bind "+down1 $$ TargetTeammate 1/target_self $$ +PowerTrayExec "
    down1 will stop auto-attack
    OR
    /bind "+down1$$target_self$$+Power_Exec Celestial_Conduit_Combo_R3$$target_clear"
    Power_Exec allows use of power names, but must include Rank identifier.

How do I say something as I use a power?
    /bind " $$ +PowerTrayExec "
    -Avoid spam by limiting this to a more localized channel like party.
  • siegericsiegeric Posts: 11 Arc User
    Everything using arrow symbols in my post is not visible, attacked by HTML, as there are several places where you insert which key, channel, or words you would use. For example:

How do I say something as I use a power?
    /bind [key] "[insert channel] [insert text] $$ +PowerTrayExec [slot #]"
    I recently attempted /GenSendMessage Auction_Root Show
    This works for Neverwinter and Star Trek, but not here. It seems to access the Champion's Auction you MUST be in the market at Millennium City.
    This will make the window open anywhere, but it has no search or posting ability.
    banner.png
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    Here's one to toggle walking on and off. Better than having to actively hold down the key.

/bind [Key] ++walk

And the ever commonly requested ability to hold weapons out. With this, you need to press the key during the Activate Time of the power. Generally as the weapon comes up, but before the power is considered Activated. This is also useful for force-canceling powers that get stuck being active.

/bind [Key] PowersCancelAllActivations​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 259 Arc User
    edited August 2017
    deadman20 said:

And the ever commonly requested ability to hold weapons out. With this, you need to press the key during the Activate Time of the power. Generally as the weapon comes up, but before the power is considered Activated. This is also useful for force-canceling powers that get stuck being active.

/bind [Key] PowersCancelAllActivations​​

The number of times we repeat this information during costume contests… If I had one global for every time I repeated it, I'd be the richest player in the game by now!
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    That also works for PA's FAW. ;)
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • rykus83rykus83 Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited September 2017
    so how do i set up a key bind or macro for Bionic Shielding to select me first when i need to be healed?
  • stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    Someone will come along and give you the answer but in the mean time...

You could simply hit F1 and that will select you. And/or you can disable assist player target (or something like that) and it wouldn't target anyone again unless you select them.​​

edited September 2017
    rykus83 said:

so how do i set up a key bind or macro for Bionic Shielding to select me first when i need to be healed?

I am not in the game at present so this could be incorrect, but I will check later and correct this if I am wrong.
    /bind [key] Target_Self $$ PowerTrayExec 1 [##]
    Of course the ## is going to be where you have your "Bionic Shielding" placed in your powers tray.
    Top row is 7 to 13, bottom row is 0 to 6, 14 and 15 are travel powers, and 16 is block.

Note: A macro working all by itself (checking for your health to fall below a certain percentage) would be impossible with any key bind or current game commands. I am pretty sure everyone knows making or using external macros is against the "terms of service" in almost every online game.

If you play in Alert teams you could use this for quick targeting members for healing;
    /bind [key] Target_Teammate [#] $$ PowerTrayExec 1 [##]
    Where the # represents the team member on the list. You would need 4 keys to identify each team member.
    Example;
    /bind F1 Target_Self $$ PowerTrayExec 1 7
    /bind F2 Target_Teammate 1 $$ PowerTrayExec 1 7
    /bind F3 Target_Teammate 2 $$ PowerTrayExec 1 7
    /bind F4 Target_Teammate 3 $$ PowerTrayExec 1 7
    /bind F5 Target_Teammate 4 $$ PowerTrayExec 1 7

What I am unsure of is the numbers of the teammates above are they 0 to 3 or 1 to 4?? But you do need to form a team for that to work.
    banner.png
    edited September 2017
  • So is it possible to bind a key to activate a combo to completion? Say, Bullet Ballet perhaps?
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    So is it possible to bind a key to activate a combo to completion? Say, Bullet Ballet perhaps?

No in-game command allows for this.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • doomaflatchidoomaflatchi Posts: 13 Arc User
    Is it possible to bind a sequence of actions to the transition into or out of combat? Like, swap costumes when I enter combat, and swap them back when I leave combat?
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User

Is it possible to bind a sequence of actions to the transition into or out of combat? Like, swap costumes when I enter combat, and swap them back when I leave combat?

Not automatically. All macros are deliberately tied to keys you press. So unless you play like my room mate, and turn off your movement at the start of every fight, ad turn it back on at the end, or some other similar combination, it won't work as you are asking.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • markas10markas10 Posts: 8 Arc User
    Hey, I've been thinking is there a way to make all bags open/close at the same time with one push of a button?
    edited March 2019
  • jesterknotjesterknot Posts: 14 Arc User
    Trying some genbuttonclick random values to see if I can get lists, and here are some that work. Start with /genbuttonclick and then type in the beginning of a word to see what is available.

Hud
    Trade
    Power
    Superstats
    Transactions
    Stattonly
    Statustargetoftarget
    Build
    Costume
    Emote
    Button
    Player
    Contact
    Mission
    Social
    Chat
    Inventory

No results:
    Exec
    Device
    Pet (may be too small for auto complete?)