test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is Endgame?

I mean, I know what Endgame means, I was a raid healer in WoW for years, what I mean is what is the endgame in CO? In Star Trek Online its running task force missions to get marks for rep to add more stats/abilities to your character, in Neverwinter its about the same thing, only the Campaign's are a bit more hands on. In both chases they improve on your character so you can deal with newer, harder content that is released (or just content in general).

Here I'm not so sure what it is. From what I understand this game hasn't seen a major content update in years has it? So what do you actually do in endgame that keeps you doing it? Do you get power unlocks? Costume unlocks? Is it just gear upgrades?

Keep in mind I'm not complaining or anything I love the game thus far but I'm just trying to figure out what I'll be doing after 40 other than tweaking my costume =)

Comments

• bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    Endgame in CO now mostly refers to the four cosmic raid bosses and the Teleios Ascendant dungeon, all of which give Gold Champion Recognition currency. You can see what it can purchase on the vendor in the recog building in Ren Center, but it's mostly gear, costumes, devices, and a few powers. Ofc there's a few other things to do at 40, like SCR content or tweaking your build. I only have about 10 characters, and I stay pretty occupied on those.
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    As mention, you generally do these endgame content to get the best gear, costume pieces, and money.

Cosmic Monster
    Cosmics are giant monster that act like open world raids. This require a coordination of many players in specific roles and strategy to defeat these colossal juggernaut. The currently, its just Kiga, Ape, and Dino. You do these to get SCR and GCR, but you get costume and Cosmic Secondary Gear drops.

Teleios Ascendant
    Teleios Ascendant is the most difficult Lair/Dungon in the game, currently. The Lair consist of fighting many bosses with their own mechanic and a whole lot of team work. Having roles is require to have a successful run in this Lair. You do these to get SCR and GCR with the occasional Determination Secondary Gear drop.

Rampage
    Rampages are special Alerts that rotate each after a certain amount of days. These alert require the most amount of players do these relatively difficult alerts. You do these to get Tokens require to get the Justice Gear set and SCR. For the complete Justice Set, you need 6 Superdense Diamond (Gravitar), 2 Hypercooled Ignimbrite (Fire and Ice), 2 Destreum Bearing (Sky Command), and 2 Petrified Scale (Lemurian Invasion).

Dailies
    Dailies is a common term for the quest given to the three main alerts: Grab, Burst, and Smash. The Daily Quest rotate between doing 3 grabs, 3 burst, 3 smash, and one of each call APB. They’re very easily to do just to obtain 5 SCR.

Custom Alerts
    These custom alerts are alerts that are part of a large rotation that change every week. The difficulty varies from alert to alert, but they’re all tie to the quest, Vigilance. Vigilance reward the player 30,000 Questionite for completing all the listed custom alert. Each Custom Alert has their own daily that reward the player 5 SCR for completing it for the day. Each of these Custom Alerts also has a varieties of rewards

Warzone
    The Warzone is a zone exclusively for level 40. Its meant to be THE area for endgame. There are three important content within this zone you should know about:

Long War
    The Long War Questline is a bunch of quests that have you interact with the zone itself. These quests reward a good amount of SCR. Completing the Long War require the player to complete Nightwatch 5 times, which each Nightwatch requiring 5 Warzone daily quests. Completing the Long War allows you to purchase things that require the completion of this quest in the GCR store.

Open Mission
    The Open mission in the Warzone consist of three OM bosses, Oubliette, Slug, and Portal Guardian. Each Open Mission give the team of players a good amount of SCR. If your team manage to beat all three OM in the time limited...

Eidolon of Destruction
    At the start of the game, Shadow Destroyer was hype up to be the cause of many problem surrounding all the Crisis and eventually, the VB apoc. He is now ascended to become the Eidolon of Destruction. While one would consider him a cosmic monster, in a sense, he is a league of his own. He requires all three OM to be finish without having one of the OM being open. The fight itself require the largest amount of team play and coordination if you ever consider having some sort of victory. Eido is the hardest fight in the game.

Events
    Events are what they are, Events. They occur once or twice of month, or a specific month depending on the event. These Events host many daily quests, open world mission, and all other content all fit in a central theme, depending on the event. They generally give you costume pieces, vehicle, devices, and a whole lots of other goodies.

Costume Building
    With all the costume you earn, bought, or given, you might as well put them to good use. Champions Online has the highest amount of character customization in any MMO at the moment. You could spend hours making different character from your imagination or something you saw in another media. You can spend hours, if not days, playing around with the tailor, alone.

Costume Contest
    Costume Contest are contests hosted by many players for the best costume of the category. This is mostly a community made event, but a very consistent one.

Altitis
    Champions Online is the ultimate game for Altitis, like myself. With a cap of 100 character slots and an infinite amount of customization from costume and powerset, this can keep you busy for months.

OV
    Onslaught Villain is a pseudo PvP/PvE content that let you become one of three villains. You generally go around attacking players (you don’t) or killing targets to fill in your quota for the daily. You do these to get the OV secondary gear, which are the best in the game.

PvP
    Player Vs Player is another for of endgame, ranging from dueling to Hero Game. You fight other players.

Nemesis
    You create your Nemesis and do Nemcom, the Questline, or Save the Earth to get those tokens to unlock all those costumes.

Mega Destroids
    An Open World Event in Millennium City that require a good amount of players to do. It consist of fighting Dr. Destoryer’s army, leading up to the duo Mega Destroid. You do this to get SCR and the costume drops.

Rping
    The RP in MMORPG. Rping is still a thing in CO, although you have to go and look for them to do the Roleplaying.

Frog and ASCII Open Mission
    There isn’t much to say about this other than that these two open mission can drop SCR, devices unique to that Open Mission, and costume pieces.

Adventure Pack
    Adventure Pack is the closest thing you will get to a storyline (the other being Crisis). You pick an Adventure Pack, and you follow the storyline like as if its a comic book. You generally get SCR from doing these.

Steel Crusade
    A Questline that gives the player SCR for doing it. There nothing much else to say other than it there.

Unity
    A questline that have you do stuff for the Unity. You only do this if you’re utterly and desperately need of SCR.

Idling in Rencen
    The ultimate endgame. You stand around, usually in front of the MC Powerhouse Gate, and look important while you afk or watch a bunch of players duel each other.
  • paneth48paneth48 Posts: 31 Arc User
    @qawsada

"Champions Online is the ultimate game for Altitis, like myself. With a cap of 100 character slots and an infinite amount of customization from costume and powerset, this can keep you busy for months."

Yeah I;m actually finding that to be a problem because i can't settle on a character, i keep getting new ideas and remaking them lol

"Idling in Rencen
    The ultimate endgame. You stand around, usually in front of the MC Powerhouse Gate, and look important while you afk or watch a bunch of players duel each other."

I will admit, I spend some time there looking at all the peoples costume. Some are like 'wow, I never thought to do that' or 'wonder where that piece comes from' others are like ' ...did you just hit randomize and click ok?'

Thank you very much for listing all that, now I know what to look forward to =)

One more thing: are 'cosmic drops' the highest gear in the game? and what color is it?
  • paneth48paneth48 Posts: 31 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Farming costume pieces o3o​​

Ah, the old CoX grind, I know it well =)
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    What is Endgame? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk - have at you!
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    Endgame is standing around Defender and the Power House entrance in RenCen. Don't let anyone tell you differently.
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    Endgame is standing around Defender and the Power House entrance in RenCen. Don't let anyone tell you differently.

And if you see a large dude with the following text in his name "Vexx" please remember to poke him at least once a day when you see him. =)
  • starclipstarclip Posts: 24 Arc User

Dang Skippy!

Groove Noobin'@starclip
  • seresibylseresibyl Posts: 15 Arc User
    What's the best way to get SCR (easily) - like, as a support character... lol

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    seresibyl wrote: »
    What's the best way to get SCR (easily) - like, as a support character... lol
    Depends what easily means to you. Cosmics obviously though you wind up with a surplus of GCR. Warzone OMs, though they need a team so you'll have to organize or attach to someone else organizing. Some Rampages (Gravitar is probably the most farmable). Alert daily missions.