What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20190228.4 - Misc

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,085 Cryptic Developer
Powers
Neuro Electric Pulse
  • Updated tooltip.
  • Updated fx.
  • Fixed a bug where this power was double dipping its scaling off of Recovery.
  • This power is now considered to be a Rune, and will not stack with other Rune abilities.
  • This power was using incorrect values to calculate its cost. Power cost has gone up slightly.
  • Removed the power decay effect on this power.
  • The power gain on this ability will now only affect players (since power gain doesn't do anything for non-players).

Holy Water
  • Heavenly Mana advantage: Fixed a bug where this power was double dipping its scaling off of Recovery.
  • Increased base energy amount slightly.
  • The power gain on this ability will now only affect players.

Compassion
  • Made some changes to how this power triggers its effects. This does not change any of the power's trigger conditions or requirements, but may help with the power not applying the form stack when it should.

Circles
  • Reduced the charge time on Circle of Primal Dominion, Glory and Ebon Wrath.

Dark Transfusion/Power Conversion
  • Fixed a bug where these powers were removing all buffs.
​​

Comments

• duratokgorehowlduratokgorehowl Posts: 52 Arc User
    unknown.png

Kaiserin shared this on the Discord channel. Looks like we're getting our mouth!
  • johnystelar1johnystelar1 Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Powers
    Neuro Electric Pulse
    • Updated tooltip.
    • Updated fx.
    • This power is now considered to be a Rune, and will not stack with other Rune abilities.
    • This power was using incorrect values to calculate its cost. Power cost has gone up slightly.
    • The power gain on this ability will now only affect players (since power gain doesn't do anything for non-players).
      ​​

So I know it was bugged or changed, but this power already wasn't that good on it's own, however it provided enough for me to regain some energy to use FC constantly, on a dex prim build (since they have no cost discount) because I had trouble even with 200 rec, 200 end. and a EU.

I believe it gave like 12 energy twice a sec, or 1.25 sec, not sure as the tooltip doesn't state but definitely more constant in live, not great but helps, now on PTS it's pretty much useless gives 8 energy with the same build, and less constantly, and it makes the power not worth getting, please do consider buffing or reverting this.
    edited March 2019
    Powers
    Neuro Electric Pulse
    • Updated tooltip.
    • Updated fx.

So I know it was bugged or changed, but this power already wasn't that good on it's own, however it provided enough for me to regain some energy to use FC constantly, on a dex prim build (since they have no cost discount) because I had trouble even with 200 rec, 200 end. and a EU.

I believe it gave like 12 energy twice a sec, or 1.25 sec, not sure as the tooltip in live doesn't state but definitely more constant in live, not great but helps, now on PTS it's pretty much useless gives 8 energy with the same build, and less constantly, and it makes the power not worth getting, please do consider buffing or reverting this, so that it's actually viable for people who need energy over time for heavy hitters like FC and such. 8 energy a sec doesn't exactly help anyone. this is rank 3 btw.

• kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,085 Cryptic Developer
    Neuroelectric Pulse affects multiple players, and is not meant to be a major source of energy.​​
    edited March 2019
    Neuroelectric Pulse affects multiple players, and is not meant to be a major source of energy.​​

Fair enough but again even on top of a decent EU and investment in energy stats that also scale said EU, it's not enough to help at all, would you consider giving it a 2-3 point advantage to work only on you, not drain foes, and boost it's energy gain some?

also same argument from earlier, 8-9 energy a sec doesn't help anyone.
  • aiqaaiqa Posts: 2,620 Arc User
    Compassion seems to stack much better for me now.
  • poptartmaniac#8493 poptartmaniac Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    I don't want to be -that- person but from what I've noticed in the most recent changes, they're pushing a bit more towards you having to invest a stat, which is understandable, but sometimes investing on energy stats and EU are not good enough, and quite lacking. I haven't had much issue with it but I can see why haymaker or force cascade users could suffer a bit, lacking a proper EU for them, and the passive for FC being kinda bad. I'd suggest thermal reverb and a fire attack just to proc it but you need to be close, and FC can be a issue at certain cosmic, like dino if you stand too close. and well having to get an extra power for EU is just :/
    Post edited by poptartmaniac#8493 on
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    Holy Water is currently not available for unlock on the PTS. Would be good to have it for testing purposes.
    Powers
    Neuro Electric Pulse
    • Updated tooltip.
    • Updated fx.

Nice to see it was optimized a bit. However, it doesn't feel like it does a whole lot now, and as a rune I assume it'll compete with Healing Runes for placement/power ticks. This sounds detrimental to a group where Healing Runes are present.

Throw some of these spaghetti noodles at the wall, see what sticks. Any amount or combination of these.
    1. Forego using the Rune tag entirely on this power.
    2. Allow the field to reduce power costs while active.
    3. When initially used, the power could shave a few seconds off of active cooldowns for affected allies.

Circles
    • Reduced the charge time on Circle of Primal Dominion, Glory and Ebon Wrath.

Just the change that was needed, I'd say. Being able to quickly bring up a circle makes them that much more maneuverable when on-the-go. Doesn't feel as slow or wasteful when moving from location to location, progressing in content. Bonus, it feels rather nice to have multiple circles on hand just to swap them out reactively in a fight. Going from CoAP during the attack to CoPD when sudden pressure is directed at the user and then back when aggro is cleared is a very big deal.

Now, I'm not too sure what "healing effects are reduced by 120%" means when it comes to the calculations for CoEW, but when I see that "muh brain" immediately does it the scary way, as if all current healing I do is the 100% and it's subtracting the whole thing with that 120%. So, instead of healing I'd keep thinking that 20% of all healing I attempt will actually be me doing damage instead. I know that's not actually the case but... yeah, not a friendly thing to think about. Would look into reevaluating the 120% to whatever is more accurate in an additive sense.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    It's standard cryptic math, so 120% healing resistance (divide by 2.2)
  • deadman20 wrote: »
    Powers
    Neuro Electric Pulse
    • Updated tooltip.
    • Updated fx.

Nice to see it was optimized a bit. However, it doesn't feel like it does a whole lot now, and as a rune I assume it'll compete with Healing Runes for placement/power ticks. This sounds detrimental to a group where Healing Runes are present.

Throw some of these spaghetti noodles at the wall, see what sticks. Any amount or combination of these.
    3. When initially used, the power could shave a few seconds off of active cooldowns for affected allies.

I second this.

• kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,085 Cryptic Developer
    deadman20 wrote: »

This is asking for the power to do way too much. The Rune effect of this power is intended to be on par with Healing Rune abilities, and will only provide a small amount of direct energy gain in the same way Healing Runes provide a small amount of healing.​​
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    Bug
    Eldritch Blast's Chant Advantage
    This advantage isn't refreshing the duration of the Hexed debuff on the target.
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • kidbskidbs Posts: 4 Arc User
    I hope we will be getting free respecs since this is a major behavior change to neuro pulse.
  • kidbs wrote: »
    I hope we will be getting free respecs since this is a major behavior change to neuro pulse.

Since it'll make the power basically useless.
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 668 Arc User
    This is asking for the power to do way too much. The Rune effect of this power is intended to be on par with Healing Rune abilities, and will only provide a small amount of direct energy gain in the same way Healing Runes provide a small amount of healing.​​

In the vein of even exchange, I have to wonder if instead of making it a rune, other adjustments to the power to keep the strength were made such as upping the cost more or lowering the damage.

Also, civilians still treat circles like enemies and run away from them.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    zamuelpwe wrote: »
    Also, civilians still treat circles like enemies and run away from them.
    Really? I'll have to use a circle for idling in ren cen I guess.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    kidbs wrote: »

Really? Is it no longer a click CD that provides energy in an aoe?​​
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    The Rune effect of this power is intended to be on par with Healing Rune abilities, and will only provide a small amount of direct energy gain in the same way Healing Runes provide a small amount of healing.

Fair enough, I suppose. The amount of energy gained per second is quite comparable to what an EU provides as is, and that's shared among people standing inside of it. I still don't like the sound of it cutting into an active healing rune though. If I could make that choice, I'd always prefer to be inside of the healing rune over the now energy rune. (( PA-users salty about CoAP should consider finding a buddy using NEP for that sweet sweet energy. ))

Of course, it's a bit hard to solo-test how the two interact in that situation when the user can only have one rune out period. I assume that is part of the plan though, to not allow stacking between a healing rune and Neuroelectric Pulse.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • pjz99pjz99 Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited March 2019

What is it meant for then?
    kidbs wrote: »

I agree this is a pretty significant change, considering "healing rune" is a really common power choice these days. I don't really understand why it shouldn't be permitted to stack since it provides a different resource from all the others and is unique, but ok, at least let people who have it in their build have a respec.
  • carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    edited March 2019
    BUG
    Circle of Arcane Power cancels Dragon Rush. I'm unsure whether this is intended.

SUGGESTION
    Reduce Neuroelectric Pulse's cooldown to 10 seconds, in-line with other rune powers like Pillar of Poz, Moonstruck, and Soul Vortex.

Lower its energy cost, so it provides more benefit to the user. Currently, it likely takes several ticks just to recoup the activation cost.
    Post edited by carrionbaggage on
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    BUG
    Circle of Arcane Power cancels Dragon Rush. I'm unsure whether this is intended.
    I can confirm this. The Energy Circle remove the Rush buff and you cannot fully reapply it while standing on it.
    https://i.imgur.com/MGkPE58.mp4
  • lunnylunnylunnylunny Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    Well, I had a build around using as many 'field' powers as possible, Neuroeletric, Pyre, Rune... I suppose with the Neuro pulse change it won't really be the same.

Leaving selfishness (I suppose) aside, I understand Neuro not being meant to be a major energy income, but it really wasn't that much (unless someone was spamming Recovery, of all stats to spam, to get the scaling high up, I suppose?) energy anyway.

Personally I feel that it should give a quite good amount of energy considering its cost, cooldown, limited range and that the power is *basically* for people who want more energy or help their allies with energy, if it isn't good at doing that, then it'll only be picked for theme builds or niche ones (which is fine if that's intended).
  • pjz99pjz99 Posts: 143 Arc User
    qawsada wrote: »
    BUG
    I can confirm this. The Energy Circle remove the Rush buff and you cannot fully reapply it while standing on it.
    https://i.imgur.com/MGkPE58.mp4

It seems to me it probably is intended since they explicitly said COAP will cancel energy returns from unlocks, although it would be good to have it clarified.
  • poptartmaniac#8493 poptartmaniac Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    edit: i over reacted and the pulse thing is still okay for energy
    Post edited by poptartmaniac#8493 on
This discussion has been closed.