test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Posture for Telekinetic Shield

redobsidianredobsidian Posts: 48 Arc User
I wanted to post this cause i recently started to play more with the Telekinesis powerset and i noticed that Telekinetic shield has the basic stance as most shields however, i think it would be cooler if it had the same stance as "Force Shield" from the Force framework. The reason why i'm suggesting this is because the Force Shield stance fits well with any mental based character and shows how when you begin blocking, it looks more like your creating a shield with your mind, projecting outward from your self. Verses how now Telekinetic shied when blocking doesn't actually give off that vibe and looks more like a knight carrying a shield. I think by making this small change, it will look cooler, fits better with more mentally based themed characters and i think it would better help the overall cosmetic aesthetic.

Comments

• serialkillerwhalserialkillerwhal Posts: 18 Arc User
    Except that's basically the opposite of how Telekinesis works. It's always been about physically holding onto constructs. You hurl Ego Lances at people and swing a pair of Ego Blades.

If you disagree with this notion, just use Force Shield, it's basically the same appearance-wise.
  • redobsidianredobsidian Posts: 48 Arc User
    Except that's basically the opposite of how Telekinesis works. It's always been about physically holding onto constructs. You hurl Ego Lances at people and swing a pair of Ego Blades.

If you disagree with this notion, just use Force Shield, it's basically the same appearance-wise.

Actually i'm glad you mentioned that. While your statement is partially true you forget that Telekinesis also has powers such as Telekinetic Wave, Ego Choke, and Telekinetic Eruption which are all based on Raw energy rather than constructs. Plus, Telekinetic Shield also is the standard for the Telepathy Framework as well and technically uses pure psychic energy to produce results therefore, my reasoning and idea for the change in pose isn't too far fetched. With that being said i appreciate your comment and thank you for your feedback :-)
  • hemslordhemslord Posts: 164 Arc User
    I like it as it is personally, but wouldn't be opposed to a Telepathy block. Maybe give it an advantage that applies Dependancy or something similar to make it stand out as different block.

Another option could be to allow us to change the stance of any block power, similar to how we can change pet skins from a drop down list or emanation points for certain ranged powers. This may be more awkward to implement that it sounds though as it wouldn't be a simple reskin at this point.
    hemslord wrote: »
    I like it as it is personally, but wouldn't be opposed to a Telepathy block. Maybe give it an advantage that applies Dependancy or something similar to make it stand out as different block.

Another option could be to allow us to change the stance of any block power, similar to how we can change pet skins from a drop down list or emanation points for certain ranged powers. This may be more awkward to implement that it sounds though as it wouldn't be a simple reskin at this point.

I have to say you make a really good point and i love your idea. Being given the option to change your block stance sounds like it would be really cool, especially because i really hate blocking with telekinetic shield while using Arcane Flight cause it just looks awkward and out of place. I do however, love using the darkness shield with that power cause its pose makes sense and looks way better in comparison. Thank you so much for your feedback i really appreciate your response.
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    I'd also love the idea to have the feature of being able to choose what pose my heroes use when using any Block Power. However I think once I read in the forums that they would need to make new versions of existing Block powers with different animations for us to pick, something which takes a long time to do, so they don't do it because they lack time and resources.
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
    criswolf09 wrote: »
    I'd also love the idea to have the feature of being able to choose what pose my heroes use when using any Block Power. However I think once I read in the forums that they would need to make new versions of existing Block powers with different animations for us to pick, something which takes a long time to do, so they don't do it because they lack time and resources.
    Wow i really didn't know that, i really appreciate your response and feedback, as well as your knowledge on the subject, with that being said since were on the topic, i miss when the Devs created polls for players so we all could vote on what content we wanted in the game. I hope they bring back something like that again.

• aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Actually, I'd like to see it go the other way--give Force Shield the Telekinetic Shield stance because holding your hands out looks goofy.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).