test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What Secondary Super Stats Should I go for if I want to Tank?

thfinalnightmarethfinalnightmare Posts: 15 Arc User
edited February 2019 in Builds and Roles
I haven't played in a while and the stats seemed to do different things now. So Constitution is what I want to start with for more Force hybrid build, but what about a second Super Stat, which pairs best with Constitution to give me better survivability?
Post edited by thfinalnightmare on

Answers

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    After prioritizing Con to get high max HP (Con doesn't have to be the PSS, but it can be), you generally want to SS and gear for w/e stat scales up your toggle/form (ex: Str for Enrage, Ego or Dex for Chilled Form, etc). You may also want to put some stat points and/or talents to your energy unlock's stat, if applicable (not all tanks may have to do this for energy, esp if using Defiance, but it just depends on the build and gear).

Otherwise, Pres can boost most self-heals, as can Dex if the self-heals can crit (notable exceptions for tanks: Resurgence is %health based, so that doesn't count, and Regeneration as a slotted passive scales w/ SS's instead of bonus heal), but I wouldn't go out of your way to SS or gear for those stats if they aren't your toggle/form's stat.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • thfinalnightmarethfinalnightmare Posts: 15 Arc User
    Well I plan on using Shields so what about Recovery?
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Shields? You mean PFF as a slotted passive, block enhancers (like Force Shield), or bubbles like Mindful Reinforcement or Protection Field? The bubbles are a type of healing that are better left to Support to throw on you, since you won't have nearly as strong healing as them. For PFF, its generally the weakest tanking passive, though the flip-side is that is less Con-reliant (PFF scales w/ SS's anyways, not w/ Rec in particular unless its also SS'd). If you mean the blocks, then Rec only scales up the energy gain from using them defensively, which isn't too important for builds that can already manage their energy well.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • thfinalnightmarethfinalnightmare Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    For the theme of the Character, Personal Force Field would be best as I'm going for an ME style Sentinel, so armor and shields, layers of protection (maybe some psychic stuff). PFF is the best way I can think to have a shield.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    For the theme of the Character, Personal Force Field would be best as I'm going for an ME style Sentinel, so armor and shields, layers of protection (maybe some psychic stuff). PFF is the best way I can think to have a shield.
    Within the limits of CO, the best way to have a shield is to have something that looks graphically like a shield (this can be an aura, costume, or power fx) and use whatever power underneath; the defensive passives are mostly free of visible fx. Judging from pictures I can find of sentinels online, I suggest a costume set that includes holo materials.