test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Seriously? You nerf an energy unlock, don't announce it, and don't give retcon tokens for it?

Conjuring was updated today. By description, it's supposed to trigger when you curse an enemy. However, it used to trigger with Illuminated (the curse that applies to enemies) and Illumination (the enchantment that applies to allies). I can accept that the latter might be considered 'a bug', and that it was only a matter of time until it was removed.

But what's with the secrecy? Why is this not listed in the release notes? Usually when powers are nerfed, players who have those powers get a retcon token.

Comments

• lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    A bug fix is not a nerf doe.

A nerf is when a power is working as intended to work but is not balanced or insanely broken so it gets readjusted. Example: Dragon Rush removal of MA powers. The buff was working as intended but it allowed MA to not pick an energy unlock due to the insane amount of energy it generated.​​
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Also patch notes also left out that they fixed circles instantly dissapearing. So I'd say them forgetting to include both those fixes in patch notes is less out of "eViL deVs RuiN gAEm" conspiracy and more a case of an oversight, mistake or poor communication.

Also why would you get a retcon token? Illumination still procs the EU you just have to use it on the enemy instead of on yourself o3o

Finally bug fixes don't warrant a retcon token. Just because in the past the devs have been nice and handed retcon tokens for the Wardicator bug fix doesn't mean it's the norm. Retcon tokens are given out when the mechanic of a power changes, and Conjuring mechanic has not changed.​​
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,087 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2019
    This was likely a side effect for fixing up how Enchantments were proccing (we addressed some Healing Runes not counting as them in this patch).

Conjuring was never meant to proc off of Enchantments, and states this in the tooltip, so this change will remain.​​
  • sannia1sannia1 Posts: 86 Arc User
    So, just screw up a player's build and say "f___ em", huh? I'll be playing STO.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Relying on undocumented behavior is rarely a good plan. They accidentally fixed a bug.
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    This would have been avoided if the said power was working as intended from the start and not letting players adapt to its "bug".
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    sannia1 wrote: »
    So, just screw up a player's build and say "f___ em", huh? I'll be playing STO.
    The BFAW experts are openly laughing right now. :lol:
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    > @sannia1 said:
    > So, just screw up a player's build and say "f___ em", huh? I'll be playing STO.

All you're doing is just jumping from one game server to another, both run by the same company. If your intention was to send a strong message to Cryptic, this isn't an effective way to do it.
  • sannia1sannia1 Posts: 86 Arc User
    No, that's not the point. I've already bought the LTS so they have no reason to give a crap now.

It's merely that I'm short on G at the moment and have to wait for my AH postings to sell.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    I don't even see the issue here. As was pointed out, Illumination will still proc the EU when cast on enemy targets, and the only time you'll need energy is when enemy targets are around. Your build still works, you don't need to retcon, you have nothing to complain about, what is the point of this thread? Why are we still here? Just to suffer?​​
This discussion has been closed.