test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Powerset Suggestion: Force Revamp

redobsidianredobsidian Posts: 48 Arc User
The purpose of this discussion is to highlight some really awesome ideas i had along with some ways to fix this powerset to better function within the game and to give players more versatility and options during play. For one, making this set fit within a support role would be ideal and ultimately help this framework reach its total potential of mastery and Emphasize the use of shields in a supportive context. This way players get more usefulness from it and it adds more avenues for creative use of shields.

Framework Adjustments:

Gravitational Aura- (Support Passive)

+Applies a regenerative damage absorption shield to you.
+Allies 100ft of you gain resistance to all damage via shielding buff, scales with presence
+Increases ranged physical damage.
+ Increases the strength of your shields
+increases physical damage resistance by lesser degree
+While in combat, blocking increases shield regeneration rate.
-Speed of shield regeneration decreases when you take damage.
+Defense(yellow) and energy(blue)

Gravitational Collapse- (Ranged AoE Damage-DoT-Knock)

+Deals crushing damage every sec for 16 sec to targets. Affected targets are knoecked down
+Advantage: Targets are rooted for 8 sec.

Gravitational Polarity- (Pick up and Throw- Crushing )

+Has a 85% Chance every second to throw an object at a target within 25ft of you. This object deals crushing damage based on mass of object and hits targets within 5ft of the primary target. affected targets are knocked down.
+Has a 15% chance to cause object to explode, dealing crushing damage based on the mass of the object. this effect also knocks down and applies stagger to targets.

Crushing Field- (Ranged AoE Hold-Crushing)

+Paralyzes targets for 12 seconds
+Advantage: Consumes energy from targets
+Advantage: Deals crushing damage every 12 seconds. This damage does not reduce the durability of the hold applied by crushing field.

Force Barrier- (Active Defense)

+Create a Large force field barrier around you your allies that grant you +15% resistance to all damage.
+100% knock resistance
+restores a small amount of health every 0.5 seconds.
-Roots you on place for a short time.
-Activates a shared cooldown of 30 sec with other Active Defense powers.

Kinetic Embrace- Energy Unlock (Innate Passive)-Endurance - Presence

+Generates energy every time you apply crushing to a target.
+This effect can only occur every 3 seconds and can stack up to 2 times per target.
+The energy gained Scales with your Endurance, and to a lesser degree your presence.

(Note): Please leave a comment below and let me know what you think. My hope is that this actually becomes a reality within the near future during an update.

Comments

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    That Aura is immediately too much, gotta tone that down unless you want every effect to have tiny numbers. Gravitational Polarity seems like too much of a copy of the new Darkness power and as a result seems too chaotic for Force. If Force is gonna have a fling power it should be more controlled - the Darkness one is probably chance based on purpose to make it more chaotic to fit the theme. Kinetic Embrace is too general application, needs to be more specific to the set to be in line with other new energy unlocks.

Other stuff looks neat.​​
  • redobsidianredobsidian Posts: 48 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    That Aura is immediately too much, gotta tone that down unless you want every effect to have tiny numbers. Gravitational Polarity seems like too much of a copy of the new Darkness power and as a result seems too chaotic for Force. If Force is gonna have a fling power it should be more controlled - the Darkness one is probably chance based on purpose to make it more chaotic to fit the theme. Kinetic Embrace is too general application, needs to be more specific to the set to be in line with other new energy unlocks.

Other stuff looks neat.​​

I appreciate your feedback and thank you so much for your comment. If you have any ideas you would like to add to better improve this list please let me know. I'm very interested in seeing force getting a revamp geared toward a support role.