test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 2/14/2019

2»

Comments

• kaizerinkaizerin Posts: 2,076 Cryptic Developer
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Question: What are the Radical Shoulders listed as part of the contents of the lockbox? I don't see an image of them anywhere and they haven't been for sale in the AH. Is this the same as the Radical Speakers? Typos or did something get left out?

It's an error. Radical shoulders were renamed to Radical speakers in the list, but the shoulder one wasn't taken out. It'll be removed next week from the tooltip.​​
  • zamuelpwezamuelpwe Posts: 613 Arc User
    Bug (?):
    Legacy shadowform aura no longer makes you pitch black only adds eye and flare effect
    I can confirm also getting this bug.
    "Interesting builds are born from limitations not by letting players put everything into one build."

-Sterga
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 244 Arc User
    Why do I even bother

• kaizerinkaizerin Posts: 2,076 Cryptic Developer
    zamuelpwe wrote: »
    Bug (?):
    Legacy shadowform aura no longer makes you pitch black only adds eye and flare effect
    I can confirm also getting this bug.

We did some fx changes on the dark powers, the auras likely shared the same fx. We'll look into it.​​
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 6,610 Arc User
    Has Compassion been adjusted in this patch? There seems to be some conversation around Sentinel Aura no longer triggering Compassion?
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 6,039 Arc User
    Has Compassion been adjusted in this patch? There seems to be some conversation around Sentinel Aura no longer triggering Compassion?
    Might be a tagging change on sentinel aura rather than a change to compassion, it's not clear that it's supposed to trigger compassion.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,232 Arc User
    edited February 16
    Some bugs and stuff
    • Dark Transfusion's weird heal advantage (stated in this thread) isn't showing up (only R2/R3, blood sacrifice + AM are offered)
    • Dimensional Collapse's advantages: An "envelope" is a piece of paper, folded in such a way that other things can be place inside it. To "envelop" something is to cover it completely. *Puts an envelope in a lightless closet, creating an "envelope in darkness." Nitpicky I know, but still...

And now, general thoughts/praise/criticism on various things:
    • A presence-based damage-dealing form? Neat...when can we expect the melee version? :D
    • Ebon Ruin: What's the purpose of having advantages that compete with Rank 3? Seems like it'd make a lot more sense to just base T3 "single target dps power" mechanics around this baseline, kind of like how Soul Beam works.
    • Along similar lines, why is Shadow Blast's Devoid now an advantage? Or more specifically, what is the purpose of putting what's supposed to be core mechanics for sets as optional advantages when the whole reason people will take that power is for that effect? CO is literally the only game I've ever seen where core mechanics for sets of abilities are presented as optional advantages. It's really weird, and frankly, kind of bad.
    • Soul Vortex: Yaay it's not baby-blue by default anymore, but...a healing rune instead of fear? This seems like it'd be far more suitable as an advantage. Finally, there was a dirty stealth-nerf at some point to this power's dependency advantage, where it no longer refreshes existing stacks. Given the tragedy that is Tornado Slash, I'm guessing this is intentional, but it really hurts this power's usefulness, as it is now the worst dependency applier in the game. In fact, Soul Vortex overall is now pretty bad. Please reevaluate this power. At the very least, the fear and rune should be swapped back (fear baseline, rune advantage). Reverting the dependency nerf would be nice as well because the nerf was completely unnecessary.
    • Dimensional Collapse is oddly good damage for a long-duration dot, and is reminiscent of Mental Storm. While I normally find refresh mechanics distasteful compared to advantages that apply the effect, this one could work due to the added leniency given by the occasional +2 seconds effect. I expect just about everyone who used Soul Vortex in the past will throw it in the dumpster in favor of this power.
    • Feral Rage removes all form stacks upon expiration as well as activating AO and AD cooldowns...and only works for bestial powers? Well there's one ultimate I can safely ignore, because no offense, but that's pretty bad. Get rid of the form stack dump and the AD cooldown for sure, and some benefit for other powers would be nice, too. Cross-framework synergy is actually pretty fun.

Even though I was a bit critical of the things listed above, I like the changes overall. :+1:
    Might be a tagging change on sentinel aura rather than a change to compassion, it's not clear that it's supposed to trigger compassion.
    Literally all healing triggers Compassion though. The only real exception I'm aware of is Mend from Illuminated, but I suspect that's more a bug due to how Mend is applied than anything else.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 954 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Powers
    New Power: Shadow Manifestation
    • Ranged Damage Toggle Form
    • Scales with presence.
    ​​
    Well THIS is cool! Also, I'm really happy about all the powers that had their scaling damage changed to fixed
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 7,799 Arc User
    edited February 16
    Needs more Event Reward Missions....
    :#
    And High Noon is more on cooldown that accomplished....Because people are just dumb....
    Post edited by flyingfinn on
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    Unrelated to the current patch notes, but I just noticed the Off Season Winter Event Store has not been updated. I was trying to link the Bunny Slippers to a friend but couldn't find them in there :P​​
    @lezard21
    Kaiser Behemoth, Ethereal Queen, Fenrir, Galen, Fujin, Madeen
  • So new loading screen artwork is great, but I keep crashing to desktop with .WTEX error messages because the game doesn't find the texture to load. I get these texture errors almost every month and i've reinstalled the game 3 times last year because of it, could devs maybe try looking into this problem sometime?
  • leuchadegoutiereleuchadegoutiere Posts: 24 Arc User
    Dunno if it's intended or not, but :

Bug :
    - Happens all the time
    - Dimensional collapse with Lingering Darkness adv. doesn't refresh Devoid debuff applied with Shattering Rain device.
    @Leucha - Cascade, Praise, Gluh, Sanglots, Chernozem, Saadhaka, Ralsershei, La Lice, Cardinale and so on
  • avianosavianos Posts: 4,483 Arc User
    BUG: [Energy Step] doesn't appear under the Auction House- Power Unlock category​​
    An Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable but farms way to much to archieve that
    Playing as EVERYTHING but Superheroes (BUT they are my Heroes) Eternal Silver since 1 February 2011
    Currently playing with 72+ Characters (7 ATs, 65 FFs) Loving all of them, ALTitis for Life
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 482 Arc User
    So yeah, is the circle disappearing after stepping out of the circle is intentional or a bug? It kind of annoying when even the tiniest of push, knock up, or pull will despawn it.
  • Energy Step looks like mind blink to other players.
    edited February 17
    Ego Blade Pandemonium
    This power can no longer critically hit.
    The critical hit bonus this power grants for your other attacks now scales with rank.
    Fixed a bug where the critical hit bonus on this power wasn't applying.
    The critical hit bonus on this power now only applies to Telekinetic powers.
    Leave a Mark advantage: Renamed to Menacing. Now applies threat based on how many stacks of Ego Leech on you when activating the power.
    I knew the ultimate would be nerfed because people were abusing it on both DPS and Tank builds

STILL GOOD ULTIMATE for melee TK Builds so whatever, not gonna get rid of it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Lance Rain
    Changed Activation time to 0.83 seconds (from 0.5).
    Damage and cost has changed.
    Increased cooldown to 20 seconds (from 0).
    Increased area effect to 25ft (from 15).
    New advantage: Knocks down and Roots targets.

I already expressed my dissatisfaction about the brutal 20 Seconds CD for this power during January.

The power is still good on my DPS since it can deal whooping 12K Critical damage, but due to the CD it turned the power into Situational Alpha Strike

but on my TANK build this power is completely useless, the build up is not worth the 4000 critical damage and the ADV is worthless.
    I deal more DPS with Telekinetic Barrage fully maintained than this

Beyond theme there is no reason to keep this power in a tank and this hurts my soul

Gotta love how the robot cowboys always interrupt me on the split of the nanosecond when i fully charge the power. Perfectly Timed.
    This just raised even more my suspicions that the game's AI is a cheating :grimace:​​
    An Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable but farms way to much to archieve that
    Playing as EVERYTHING but Superheroes (BUT they are my Heroes) Eternal Silver since 1 February 2011
    Currently playing with 72+ Characters (7 ATs, 65 FFs) Loving all of them, ALTitis for Life
  • meneshmenesh Posts: 6 Arc User
    The Radical Shorts on females clip with an awful lot of existing belts, limiting it's ability to be mix-and-matched quite a lot. It's a shame, since it's a very nice costume piece.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 7,799 Arc User
    mix-and-matched

This feature no longer exist.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 732 Arc User
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    mix-and-matched

Haha, :+1:
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    mix-and-matched

OOF ♪​​
  • cohcaloriecohcalorie Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 19
    The Void
    Stats have been changed to Presence - Constitution - Recovery to better suit its powers.
    • Level 14: Shadow Manifestation

Ugh... Void now has a nearly useless set of final Mastery choices. Two that are minor upgrades to a now mediocre Blast power and another that only appears to work with Lifedrain (which I don't have in my build). Pretty trivial, but it's the insult added to the injury of having to re-gear.
    Post edited by cohcalorie on
  • cohcaloriecohcalorie Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 19
    qawsada wrote: »
    So yeah, is the circle disappearing after stepping out of the circle is intentional or a bug? It kind of annoying when even the tiniest of push, knock up, or pull will despawn it.

Circle of Radiant Glory still works as it did (and still desperately needs to have KB resistance added to it as KB kills render it useless).

BUG
    Circle of Primal Dominion and Circle of Arcane Power both fade out in about 5 seconds regardless of whether you return to the circle or not
    (as described by the OP).

I couldn't test Circle of Ebon Wrath as I don't have it on anyone.
    Post edited by cohcalorie on
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 14,791 Arc User
    Actually, I've been using Circle of Arcane Power on my shadow toon ( since Form doesn't give good energy atm ) and can confirm that it disappears near instantly if I move out of it.​​
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 482 Arc User
    I have been testing the Shadow Blast + eating shadow adv loosely with high end healing gear, and I got around 5000-6500+ if all three shadows were consume. However, the shadow summon power has about +18 second cooldown and you would need BCR+adv if you want to use it as some niche burst party shadow heal or something.
  • melphyx2melphyx2 Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited February 23
    kaizerin wrote: »

UI
    • Powers that have fixed cooldowns (Eruption device, for example) now display a numeric timer when on cooldown.
    ​​

Sorry but the device still showing the gauge without numbers
    This image was taken today (Feb 23, 2019)

awddf.png

melphyx.deviantart.com
    ChampionsWiki's Admin/Collaborator
    ★ Azaroth | Scion Of Set | Jane Drugov | The Yoke Of Babylon ★

• pjz99pjz99 Posts: 143 Arc User

It's quite a lot more healing effects than Sentinel Aura.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 6,039 Arc User
    pjz99 wrote: »
    It's quite a lot more healing effects than Sentinel Aura.
    It looks like it's all pbaoe heals, implying that only targeted healing effects now trigger compassion.
  • pjz99pjz99 Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited March 1
    I was just on my compassion offtank spamming haymaker and roomsweeper and was at 8 stacks, so it's not something cut and dried, it's just severely broken.
2»