test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Disable Vehicles in Cosmics

chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
How about we have a disable vehicles debuff on all cosmics. Making all who approach the cosmic OMs disable their vehicles until they've left the OM. Kinda like how it was in BITE OM.

Oh, and maybe make Incendiary Rounds to only stack one DoT instead of 3.
mfZ37eB.png
Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
DeviantART|FurAffinity|
Twitter

Comments

• theglasskittentheglasskitten Posts: 175 Arc User
    I think most people would agree with disabling vehicles at OMs with how often baby dino has been aggro’d into the dps pile by incendiary rounds.

What i am seeing in my parses is incendiary rounds r2 and r3 being stacked simultaneously for insane amounts of DPS.
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
  • Not to mention the range on the attacks causing it to hit hearts and baby, the broken knocks, they should fix vehicles all together... or disable them as you say.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Yeah, maybe they can get to that when they rebalance the gravity effect to be better balanced and not completely screw over people who didn't take Superspeed or Acrobatics. (though yeah I know the main 3 open-world cosmics don't even use Gravity, but if it was not such a terrible mechanic maybe they would?)

But you know, the dev team's got priorities. We gotta make more punk clothing and anime hairs first! Gotta buff the Bestiality power set more!!
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    The problem isn't vehicles in general, the problem is incendiary rounds. Most vehicle weapons are actually pretty gimpy. The risk is making vehicles completely useless.

On IR, the first thing to fix would be that IR2 and IR3 are different effects, rather than the same effect at different magnitudes. That's why they stack. Also, IR counts as a burning effect that is affected by unstable accelerant.

Btw, if people are killing baby at dino, they're being dumb or deliberately disruptive. IR won't hit targets that are out of range of the vehicle, even if they're inside the area of effect (this may be a bug).
    Post edited by pantagruel01 on
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Btw, if people are killing baby at dino, they're being dumb or deliberately disruptive. IR won't hit targets that are out of range of the vehicle, even if they're inside the area of effect (this may be a bug).

A certain culprit was not only exploiting IR stacking to get #1 on the scoreboard, but deliberately drawing aggro away from baby tank and making baby turn towards the main group and wipe them.

The thread was made shortly after the fight was done. A positive outcome of this was despite having 15 mins left before maintenance downtime we were able to not only complete Dino after that BS ended but Ape as well with just a minute left, which I felt was quite a feat.
    Post edited by jennymachx on
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Vehicles should explode when they get too close to an OM, killing the driver and deleting the vehicle permanently.​​
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    I mean, this past week I've systematically proved that you can even use IR on Ape without hitting hearts. All the while while people on ground kept hitting hearts with their LoS/PB AoEs.

I mean granted I might just be better than most players o3o But completely gimping vehicles just because of 1 player (cause we all know it's just 1) is a bit extreme. Not to different than when Giant Growth got nerfed btw.​​
    The problem isn't vehicles in general, the problem is incendiary rounds. Most vehicle weapons are actually pretty gimpy. The risk is making vehicles completely useless.

On IR, the first thing to fix would be that IR2 and IR3 are different effects, rather than the same effect at different magnitudes. That's why they stack. Also, IR counts as a burning effect that is affected by unstable accelerant.

It's not a bug, more like a tech limitation I'd guess? Any power, not just vehicles, take into consideration your distance to each individual target rather than the targets distance to your main target to see if an effect applies or not.

For example, you can use Gravity Driver, which has a huge area of effect, and still not hit some targets that are more than 80 feet away from you but within the 40 feet AoE radius (This is how I used to use Gravity Driver without hitting hearts)​​
    lezard21 wrote: »
    Not to different than when Giant Growth got nerfed btw.

Best supporting argument in the entire thread for this to get implemented o3o​​
    spinnytop wrote: »
    lezard21 wrote: »
    Not to different than when Giant Growth got nerfed btw.

Best supporting argument in the entire thread for this to get implemented o3o

I don't like you

bist-sippirting-irguimint-fir-this-2-bi-implimintid.jpg​​
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,430 Arc User
    Had this happen to me when I was BT. The knucklehead also kept killing baby.
    jennymachx wrote: »
    A certain culprit was not only exploiting IR stacking to get #1 on the scoreboard, but deliberately drawing aggro away from baby tank and making baby turn towards the main group and wipe them.

Definitely the latter. When asked to stop his reply was "but I am only dpsing." Absolutely no regard for the other players, just wants to be top of the charts.

I guess the real solution is for all the cosmic dps regulars to come to cosmics with IR equipped vehicles? 3 minute dinos? Maybe even enough dps that hearts can be burned down fast enough for CC not to matter?

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Or just Nerf Incendiary Rounds into the ground, cause that worked sooooo well for Plasma Beam.
    Then they'll move onto the next "overly performing power" and the cycle continues.
    Creepy-smile.gif
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • IR2+IR3 is unbalanced and needs fixed... But I see no reason for vehicles to be disabled. Nothing this person is doing with thier vehicle is something they can't also do with a good build.
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    I guess the real solution is for all the cosmic dps regulars to come to cosmics with IR equipped vehicles?
    Most people don't have vehicles with IR2+IR3+rank 9 mods, and it's possible to out-dps that anyway, it's just that the vehicle is exceptionally disruptive because it has no threat modifier and is farming score on the baby.
    Also it's too big and blocks my view with its big fat butt.​​
    Also it's too big and blocks my view with its big fat butt.

The vehicle that uses IR2+IR3+Draysha Supercharge is actually a pretty smol Grav Bike o3o

My fine and charming Spider only uses IR3​​
  • katiebonnellkatiebonnell Posts: 20 Arc User
    Vehicles should explode when they get too close to an OM, killing the driver and deleting the vehicle permanently.​​

I wouldn't do that. I spent money on my vehicles and it would just be a waste.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Vehicle weapons and vehicles are just dead material...no need to nerf anything about them.

Sure disable around comics if they are causing an issue, but not just because you don’t like someone doing more damage or whatever. Seems to be petty.
    I propose letting this thread return to the grave from which it was necro'd; the trigger was a troll who seems to either no longer be around or no longer be using vehicles and it had been dead for more than a year before katiebonnell resurrected it.
This discussion has been closed.