test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

THE NEW KIGA STRAT ZOMGBBQSAUCE

spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
So Kiga's thing where he just decides to turn towards the dps and stay turned no matter if the tank has aggro or not and then breath all over the dps is apparently here to stay. So far our strategy of just standing there and staring at him waiting for him to kill everyone hasn't worked out. So instead I propose a new strategy that we just successfully used at Kiga a minute ago:

- When Kiga turns towards the dps, the tank moves to where he is now facing, and the dps move to where his butt now is.
- Reapply as needed.​​

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    If he was killing cats when he turned around and breathed this "feature" would already be fixed ;)

Wasn't there some thread recently complaining how boring kiga was for dps? This certainly adds some spice. I find the solution to be hitting MD and blocking when he's about to breathe.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    If he was killing cats when he turned around and breathed this "feature" would already be fixed ;)

Wasn't there some thread recently complaining how boring kiga was for dps? This certainly adds some spice. I find the solution to be hitting MD and blocking when he's about to breathe.

Not everyone has MD, and they shouldn't have to when the solution is so obvious and simple. Just walk to where his back is. When you think about it it's kind of amazing... this "kill all the dps" attack has like a 30+ second tell and people haven't been reacting to it at all. It's like seeing a truck barreling towards you from a half mile away and just standing there thinking "...maybe they'll turn".​​
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    New behavior that would threaten the DPS/Healers with all Cosmics spinning about and breathing on them? sounds. . . interesting, more room for frustration/wipes but hey, as long as it feels fun, eh?
    I would assume this would encourage more people swapping to Ranged role for the maneuverability/distance advantage just so they don't feel so "Inconvenienced"
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
    My solution works for me :) No need to move. If others want to move it's fine by me.
    spinnytop wrote: »

Not everyone has MD, and they shouldn't have to when the solution is so obvious and simple. Just walk to where his back is. When you think about it it's kind of amazing... this "kill all the dps" attack has like a 30+ second tell and people haven't been reacting to it at all. It's like seeing a truck barreling towards you from a half mile away and just standing there thinking "...maybe they'll turn".​​

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    My solution works for me :) No need to move. If others want to move it's fine by me.

Okay, just keep in mind that if you don't move, you will now be standing next to the tank o3o do with that what you will​​
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,069 Arc User
    So Kiga's thing where he just decides to turn towards the dps and stay turned no matter if the tank has aggro or not and then breath all over the dps is apparently here to stay. So far our strategy of just standing there and staring at him waiting for him to kill everyone hasn't worked out. So instead I propose a new strategy that we just successfully used at Kiga a minute ago:

- When Kiga turns towards the dps, the tank moves to where he is now facing, and the dps move to where his butt now is.
    - Reapply as needed

Heresy. The world is still flat.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    I just watch for it, and when I see him suck back the inflation to his breath, I turn on my TP, and run behind him until it's over, then run back over to where I usually stand. Watching everyone else die in the process, idk; sort of amusing really. Shows how much they pay attention.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • hemslordhemslord Posts: 164 Arc User
    Yea I just move or at the very least block as well.

Bearing in mind how long this has been going on for and how many DPS/Support it has killed, it's kind of worrying to see how slow a lot of "Cosmic Hunters" are to adapt. I guess most people really are just mindlessly pushing buttons?
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    Most of them are probably afk w/auto hotkeys doing everything else for them, they're just there for the loot, and don't care how it gets done.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 3,000 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    I suggest you refrain from using broad terms like "most of them", okay? Some of us support players aren't just using auto hotkeys in auto cruise mode for the phat loot. We're genuinely and actively doing our part in keeping the folks standing on their two feet.

The default max camera zoom is one thing that can make it difficult to react, especially with all the effects going on and having to spot Tombs. Im not sure if everyone makes it a point to use camdist. I personally do.
  • jamesbonnelljamesbonnell Posts: 170 Arc User
    Yeah. I've realized that I don't necessarily know things like Kiga's tells because I focus on 1) I'll admit it, button mashing, and 2) tombs. I've also realized that for me, it's not just camdist but also the angle. If I'm wide-angle to try to both hit kiga and spot tombs, I'm kind of not really seeing his tells for the big new thing. Maybe if I got used to camdist 75 or 150 it would be easier to tell those things, but sometimes it's just tunnel-vision and focus.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    The reason why a lot of people die to Kiga's breath is because people don't even realize that Kiga is facing their way

That's exactly how brain dead everyone is while fighting kiga. And then a tomb blows up and everyone wonders why.

If Kiga is facing towards DPS, just be ready to move to a side if you are ranged, or towards the tank if you are melee as soon as you see him getting ready to breathe.

I've not died to Kiga's breath at all this way past the first time he did this or when the run has been ongoing for more than 30 minutes and I just turn my EB on and go make a sandwhich​​
    edited February 2019
    The default max camera zoom out distance is **** for Kiga regardless.

If anything the default zoom out distance needs to be set higher. I don't expect that everyone, especially newer players, know how to set camdist. Heck they might not know how to use binds.

I think it has to be said in zone to position their cams so they can have a fuller view of him to catch him turning around. Oh and apparently there's a graphical bug where hr turns to breath but it still shows as him facing the tank.
    For those reading who don't know the cam dist thing, I find that this works really well

/bind numpad7 "camdist 75"

Zooms far enough out to see everything, but my character is still visible and I don't feel like I am playing table top miniatures.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • pjz99pjz99 Posts: 143 Arc User
    It is much more egalitarian to blame the tank and wipe repeatedly than it is to ask 30+ people to move at least 20 feet, come on man think about what's fair :{
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    i don't use nor have i ever used camdist

I've always been able to tell just fine whether i'm staring at kiga's butt or weewee in order to avoid his frosting​​
  • sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 259 Arc User
    lezard21 wrote: »
    I've always been able to tell just fine whether i'm staring at kiga's butt or weewee in order to avoid his frosting​​

Wait, did you just say you stare at Kiga's weewee? I mean, sure, he's imposing and all, but… :o
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg
    Yeah I can tell what way he's facing by just looking at his feet. So uh... not sure why anyone would be looking up there n_n​​
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    Lezard got some splaning to do. =)=)=)
  • pjz99pjz99 Posts: 143 Arc User
    It's just amazing to see 30 people stand there and get mushed, repeatedly, because they just don't notice the 50 foot tall monster man is facing them and about to kill them.
    You people are being obtuse about why others don't notice Kiga has turned AND is ready to blow. We're not all just spamming 1 button and in perfect position to notice a turn. Powers' buttons management, heals target selection, snow storm and other effects, all contribute to tunnel vision.

Yay for everyone who does notice he has turned. Stop being "it don't affect me, why does it affect you" posters.​​

Controversial Opinion: People should learn to not tunnel vision even while doing stuff.​​
    People vary cognitively on how well their awareness is when focused on multiple things happening simultaneously before them. People make mistakes sometimes even when doing their best not to. What can you really do? Maybe a small reminder, like a single zone chat entry of "make sure to move to the side of him if he turns away from the tank" can go a long way.
    edited February 2019
    The times I try to implement this strat I spam zone chat like crazy to make sure people notice. A little thing before the fight would probably be forgotten halfway through phase 1 .-.

I mean sure some people maybe don't actively try to get better at the video games they play, but I like to think they're a pretty small minority that don't enjoy games much anyway.​​
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    The times I try to implement this strat I spam zone chat like crazy
    That's a good way to get yourself onto ignore lists quickly, even if the information you provide is pertinent to both the fight and the survival of many participants.
    The times I try to implement this strat I spam zone chat like crazy to make sure people notice. A little thing before the fight would probably be forgotten halfway through phase 1 .-.

I mean sure some people maybe don't actively try to get better at the video games they play, but I like to think they're a pretty small minority that don't enjoy games much anyway.

I always appreciate when someone calls out about something. Sometimes my tunnelvision-fu is strong and I miss it. But, I much prefer someone being proactive like this.​​

edited February 2019
    The times I try to implement this strat I spam zone chat like crazy
    That's a good way to get yourself onto ignore lists quickly, even if the information you provide is pertinent to both the fight and the survival of many participants.

People who ignore people for calling out useful information are the problem. I'm fine with them getting defeated for their stupidity.​​
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    I was really really REALLY hoping this would be on an important issue. That of just Zerging Phase 1 at every Kiga instead of spending time CCing it. So many tanks and healers have the ability to withstand the onslaught of 4 dogs these days, that doing the old CC and pull 1 should only be reserved when the Zerg format has failed. This would really speed things up.

Of course, still CC phase 2.

Oh yeah, and when Kiga turns, move or something.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 721 Arc User
    I find in most online games people are idiots when it comes to using the surroundings, blocking, and well just moving out the way. I have taken on comics in trash gear and have lived all the while many die like flies around me, because i block, and move out of the path of the nastiness.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    For those reading who don't know the cam dist thing, I find that this works really well

/bind numpad7 "camdist 75"

Zooms far enough out to see everything, but my character is still visible and I don't feel like I am playing table top miniatures.
    I use numpad for skills. I bind with this:

/bind subtract "camdist 75"

binding to - doesn't work for the key on the numpad. Also I use 100 more often than 75. Not sure which is better.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters