test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Staff option for power emanations

So those powers that let you choose where to shoot from? I suggest a staff option and let you pick a staff, could even use those flag pole or lantern sticks things don't even need to add new stuff, and animation wise, i'm sure we already have nice animations in game that could work with it, just saying would be real nice.

Comments

• Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    We do in fact have a device that has you shooting stuff out of a staff. Wands too I think. The problem is making that work with the emanation point system, which I'm going to guess is probably not possible since emanation points don't seem to be designed to make an object appear in your hands.

Getting hand costume parts that have you holding a staff would be neat, though I'm not sure how that would interact with the hand bones.​​
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Should not be any more hard than the gun animations

None of which have selectable emanation points that I'm aware of. Are there any that you've observed?​​
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Yea, they could make that happen. With new powers. With new animations.
    It's not as easy as people think.

CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Sure, and that sounds great, but that's a separate suggestion from the one the OP is making, which is about adding emanation points that also add models, not making new powers. That's why I responded to your comment of "Should not be any more hard than the gun animations" as I did, because those gun animations don't have emanation points. So saying that fulfilling the OP's request should be as easy as making gun animations for powers doesn't really make sense since you're talking about two very different things.​​
  • Options
    Well I wouldn't mind if they did it like an aura like ID blades makes it so that you use an entirely different power but exactly the same as the normal ego blade one just with two blades.
    Or new powers could be nice too.
  • Options
    bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    With the development resources that CO seems to have, I wouldn't expect anything like this to appear. But it would be pretty sweet to use on my mage characters.