test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Logging In Issues 2/6/19

Comments

• necratech009necratech009 Posts: 68 Arc User
    still cant get connected
  • mastercontrol7mastercontrol7 Posts: 181 Arc User
    Champions Online is the only game having this problem, right?
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Posts: 65 Arc User
    No all three, the issue is connecting to the server. All 3 games plus the PS4 and XB1 are effected when this happens. Believe @kaizerin when they say they are working on it. This is not helping them at all.
    banner.png
    Raging Princess Blaze + Model 286 + Red Inferno + Burgundy Beetle
  • bullseye8bullseye8 Posts: 21 Arc User
    As of 2:06 pm CST, still getting Authentication error.
  • "Account Server Connection Failed" is all I see when I attempt to log in.
  • diam0niter#7045 diam0niter Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    seems like the whole account server is now gone entirely
  • seduktressseduktress Posts: 1 Arc User
    2/7 still effected by Authentication Error. Also the few times we can get in, changing characters restarts the error and we have to log in and hope we do not get booted. Once we are booted, It seems we can not log in again.
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Posts: 68 Arc User
    Next on News at 9, we will interview a family affected by this outage, and how they are coping...

Stay tuned!
  • there go my endev/q daily for the anniversary ship again ///had no problem before emergency maintenance then server got offline and when server turned green again did not even login the launcher /so no patching happend either thus that been said ...it is not a client side programming disaster they messed up something on the sever side of the game either not letting connections in or simpley deleted whole programming code for reckoning the incoming requests that would be the simple stupid mistakes that i can think off ....unless the had someone on dope doing the code writing and all he wrote was !$DEGD$%&GGWGWG&GHH%R whahahahaha
  • j5alive#5403 j5alive Posts: 2 New User
    > @kaizerin said:
    > We are experiencing some issues with players being able to long in. The issue is being looked into.​​

this now feb 7th and I get this when trying to login as well
    Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out
  • j5alive#5403 j5alive Posts: 2 New User
    > @jaazaniah1 said:
    > I'm guessing they will need to extend Harmon Labs one more day?

think they should give us a little compensation too????
  • spikeydoo422spikeydoo422 Posts: 55 Arc User
    Can we maybe get an update on what the problem is, or how many days/weeks until it's fixed? I am suffering CO withdrawals, and am not a happy camper.
    Mean Girl
  • warburton1warburton1 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    I had been lucky today. Until I tried to load a saved costume. Boom game seized up and had to restart. Now all I get is "Unable to Authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out" . Would be nice to be able to play some time soonish. 2/7/19 1713 hours, Central US time.
    > @jaazaniah1 said:
    > I'm guessing they will need to extend Harmon Labs one more day?

think they should give us a little compensation too????

I have been contemplating making a new char, so a Double XP week would be nice. =) And cookies.
  • eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
    For the last several minutes, I get "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out". Started a little before 6PM EST, still going at 6:20. I'll try again in a couple hours.
  • :s its always something time after time again i dont like to nag but they make a hell of a lot of money on us with the zen /lifetime subscribers/etc and people are willing to pay still ...then it is f.k.g rude /and insulting to the players to have so many issues and faults it makes them look like a bunch of unprofessional first day programming students that dont know how it all works but get payed like head corporate bosses / i think they should make up for it to all players for once .....give everyone 3000 zen free 1 time as way to make up for all stupid mistakes that may have easily been avoided the last years to compensate a bit of grieve the players have had to endure etch of those times ....it would only sting them a little in pocket money once and it is not a hard to do thing they prop only have to give 1 command input !!!
    :/ ;) =) B)
  • originaltygeroriginaltyger Posts: 55 Arc User
    They aren't going to give you something like $30/3000 zen for a one day issue, not when a month sub is $15. Maybe 50 zen a day, double xp would be great, but honestly ranting like crazy people isn't helping. There's plenty of other things to do out there to pass the time.
  • js2332js2332 Posts: 4 Arc User
    Marking 6:40 EST for still being unable to connect to the game. Officially been an hour, I'll keep trying but I'm certainly not happy

:/
  • shonubishonubi Posts: 1 Arc User
    European here, not able to connect to the game :/
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    edited February 2019
    Hey guys, please try and log in/swap characters now.​​
  • dimshade1dimshade1 Posts: 7 Arc User
    Logged in got SNR'd within 12 seconds
    Logged in, SNR, booted me out.
  • redrick973redrick973 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Hate to be that guy, but... now the launcher just fails to update.
    Yeah, the problem still isn't fixed. I've been DC'd twice in the last 2 minutes. Can't get back on now.
    =(
    Now the launcher won't boot up.
  • gameongameon Posts: 55 Arc User
    You're yes then you're no
    You're in then you're out
    You're up then you're down...
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Just got in.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    She's working for now.
  • eviltwintwoeviltwintwo Posts: 351 Arc User
    For the last several minutes, I get "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out". Started a little before 6PM EST, still going at 6:20. I'll try again in a couple hours.

7:20 PM EST -- Log on & character select successful.
  • poptartmaniac#8493 poptartmaniac Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    What's up with people wanting free stuff every 5 seconds?
    Also a few of you guys are acting like this happens every week. Every month.
    Our server isn't the best but we rarely have issues like this. "Omg server lag this game is absolute garbage this happens everyday stshsjebwhaj"

I get the frustration from not being able to play believe me im annoyed too but im not gonna lie and say this happens all the time then ask for free stuff.

Every game has server issues every once in a while and our devs are trying im not trying to be a butt kisser or anything but I know that maintaining a server is not easy at all.

*insert 500 thousand emojis here for no reason*
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Cryptic I will patiently wait for my compensation Ferrari.

I'm sending you my adress via PM.​​
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Posts: 65 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Hey guys, please try and log in/swap characters now.​​

Some players on Neverwinter launch the game in safe mode and windowed (not full screen), if they get rejected they keep trying until the game loads fully. After that you can swap to full screen. Again that is only a solution for some players. I am so very proud of the Champions, only 3 pages about this subject. Neverwinter had to close out the one with 14 pages because there was also so many duplicate topics.

But best to keep this to a minimum as we are distracting the developers from fixing it. <3
    banner.png
    Raging Princess Blaze + Model 286 + Red Inferno + Burgundy Beetle
    launcher work got me in to character selection list.

downed 1/4 Cosmics down Mega Destroid instead.

look like it working for i can tell yall.

thanks Daves
    edited February 2019
    Our server isn't the best but we rarely have issues like this. "Omg server lag this game is absolute garbage this happens everyday stshsjebwhaj"

I get the frustration from not being able to play believe me im annoyed too but im not gonna lie and say this happens all the time then ask for free stuff.

Every game has server issues every once in a while and our devs are trying im not trying to be a butt kisser or anything but I know that maintaining a server is not easy at all.

who ever is asking for Free stuff for because of this got to be joking. it not like it was going on a event day like last year with champion anniversary with the mega destroids update. even that they gave us a extra week, if i recall that one right.
  • beerbanebeerbane Posts: 197 Arc User
    Thanks for the work on the fix - I'm able to log in fine now. Just curious about the standard Thursday patch/content, which I'm assuming got pushed back owing to this issue. Does everything just roll to next week (including the lock box and lair changes)? Just asking because I wanted to get some Zen loaded but wasn't sure on the ETA for new shines...
    beerbane wrote: »
    Does everything just roll to next week (including the lock box and lair changes)? Just asking because I wanted to get some Zen loaded but wasn't sure on the ETA for new shines...

Nothing was said about the lockbox coming live today. Lockbox releases are never announced beforehand. They become available to test in PTS 2-3 weeks beforehand but they don't announce when they are officially coming to Live.

New Lair however was announced midway through February since it still requires some tweaks. They probably still sorting out some of the 1st tests bug reports.​​
  • xparibaxxparibax Posts: 149 Arc User
    Oh ho- here's a new one. 22.45 pm. the champs launcher starts, patched fine, i hit play and get... "unable to start game: client quit unexpectedly" - every time for 10 or so tries. I had to pop neverwinter launcher to backdoor it to get in.

• gameongameon Posts: 55 Arc User

who ever is asking for Free stuff for because of this got to be joking. it not like it was going on a event day like last year with champion anniversary with the mega destroids update. even that they gave us a extra week, if i recall that one right.

I agree it doesn't happen "all the time" but it is fair to be compensated, as many other MMOs do, when server issues happen for a couple days... Its not like this was a simple reboot that kept people out for a couple hours, this has been an issue for days now.

A little something isn't too much to request... something like Witchcraft/Double XP. Something simple, easy, and free to say "we're sorry". It is also a fairly standard thing other MMOs do. No Zen, nothing that would normally cost anything... Many playerbases wouldn't even need to ask...

And what's the harm in making your players happy? Omg more level 40's running around? Its not like we get the free character upon hitting 40 anymore...
    gameon wrote: »

I agree it doesn't happen "all the time" but it is fair to be compensated, as many other MMOs do, when server issues happen for a couple days... Its not like this was a simple reboot that kept people out for a couple hours, this has been an issue for days now.

A little something isn't too much to request... something like Witchcraft/Double XP. Something simple, easy, and free to say "we're sorry". It is also a fairly standard thing other MMOs do. No Zen, nothing that would normally cost anything... Many playerbases wouldn't even need to ask...

And what's the harm in making your players happy? Omg more level 40's running around? Its not like we get the free character upon hitting 40 anymore...

Compensation is a practice MMOs used to do but now they don't do it so frequently. Nowadays it's mostly reserved when the reason for the server outage is on their side and not, say, a DOS attack. Otherwise offering compensation after a DOS attack would end up encouraging more people to do this because "Hey, pinata! pinata!".

Whenever servers had gone out in the past Kaiserin has informed us what happened but this is not the case this time, so I'm inclined to believe this is what happened this time, specially since STO and NW were also affected.​​
  • beerbanebeerbane Posts: 197 Arc User
    lezard21 wrote: »
    beerbane wrote: »
    Does everything just roll to next week (including the lock box and lair changes)? Just asking because I wanted to get some Zen loaded but wasn't sure on the ETA for new shines...

Nothing was said about the lockbox coming live today. Lockbox releases are never announced beforehand. They become available to test in PTS 2-3 weeks beforehand but they don't announce when they are officially coming to Live.

New Lair however was announced midway through February since it still requires some tweaks. They probably still sorting out some of the 1st tests bug reports.​​

Good to know - thanks for the response. I'll just have to wait patiently for my Punk Rock Lair raiding without impulse spending Zen beforehand.
  • meknomancermeknomancer Posts: 2 Arc User
    Having same logging in issues again today
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    I just managed to get into the game, but I had this...

acyoCrp.png

...quite a number of times before I was successful,
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • jeujubesjeujubes Posts: 1 Arc User
    I'm having the same issue as themightyzenith. Been trying to log in since the 11, but no luck.
  • brfabeirasbrfabeiras Posts: 182 Arc User
    Not able to login since today :/
    Sometimes I can even start the launcher, sometimes it starts and keeps "Waiting for the account server response...", sometimes it retrieves my list of characters, but when I click "Play", the map doesn't load :(
  • iamdubhglassiamdubhglass Posts: 4 Arc User
    Same issue. Most of the time it won't go past the game launcher. When it does, it kicks me off just after character screen loads.
  • And here we go with The issue of Logging into the Server... Is it just me or any one else?
  • ultronyte#7191 ultronyte Posts: 50 Arc User
    Just happened to me too. Was in-game fine, went to switch characters and got logged out. Haven't been able to log back in since.
  • Oh Glad I wasn't the only one Thought my Computer Was Going Nuts like the last one lol
  • axenomeaxenome Posts: 97 Arc User
    Great. And I had plans tonight too.
  • Wonder What happened This time... Read Through ALL the previous ones. I highly doubt another DOS attack but you never know...