test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Flash

I stumbled upon a power called Wrist Bolter. Which made me think of the Flash. So obviously, I was wondering what other powers would you give such a character ?

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Wrist Bolter still requires facing, yea? I don't like it even for that reason, though the energy builder shouldn't matter much anyways as you ideally shouldn't be using it that much. But isn't the Flash meant to be a speedster? So powers more like 100Hands. A superspeed travel power too, obv. Maybe more Unarmed moves could be added, since they tend to look more agile. 100Hands is more of an AoE attack, so maybe add DU for single-target dps. Up to you what else you think looks fitting.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • luumina#2431 luumina Posts: 506 Arc User
    thanks for getting back to me. I decided to go with PA/Wind or Air freeform build. I know that most people would have gone lightning.
    I also picked up Super Speed, no surprise there. I almost went with Teleport, since the flash can move so fast he can travel through time.
    Well, I normally wouldn't mix PA w/ other powerstes, at least when using slotted toggles that lockout other powers. Lightning Strike seems very appropriate for the lunge, though. I'm not sure what attacks from Elec or Wind that you'd find fitting. We've mostly been talking about movement-related powers here (fittingly), but you'll want some normal attacks in there too.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    Well the Flash doesn't really use any of the other powers from PA, so I might scrap this idea and try to make a character that doesn't already exist.
  • stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    On my speedster I use 100hands, Sword Cyclone w/imaginary weapons, Hand Clap-thinking about what would happen if you clapped your hands at super speed. Can't see what else is on the build atm because the game login is glitched. Hopefully this helps a little.

• stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    stratluver wrote: »
    On my speedster I use 100hands, Sword Cyclone w/imaginary weapons, Hand Clap-thinking about what would happen if you clapped your hands at super speed. Can't see what else is on the build atm because the game login is glitched. Hopefully this helps a little.

Was able to get in. I do use Dragon Uppercut also.

I guess everyone has their vision of a speedster. Still hopes this helps a little.

Well the Flash doesn't really use any of the other powers from PA, so I might scrap this idea and try to make a character that doesn't already exist.
    Wait, you mean no PA powers other than Wrist Bolter? That's fine, cause unless you take the AA adv (and pair it w/ another slotted attack) then WB isn't a slotted PA power anyways. You can still take WB if you want to. I was just wondering what you think your normal attacks should be, like some of the attacks stratluver and I mentioned. Facing issues aside, WB shouldn't be a normal attack since its very low dps, in being an energy builder.