test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Logging In Issues 2/6/19

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
edited February 2019 in Super News Network
We are experiencing some issues with players being able to long in. The issue is being looked into.​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• slowecsl4pweslowecsl4pwe Posts: 221 Arc User
    It seems to be an issue connecting to the account server as it was earlier today.

Apathy is on the rise, but nobody seems to care.
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    Just got disconnected a couple of minutes ago and can't reconnect.
  • creampawscreampaws Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same here. Dropped out about 10 mins ago, and when I try to log in it fail while the message "Connecting to account server" is displayed.
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    The last time something like this happened (a few years ago), folks said a disgruntled player did a DOS attack against the server.
  • nukemall757nukemall757 Posts: 1 Arc User
    It's 4 in the afternoon (CST) and still can't log in. Did they "really" fix it?
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Also had sups lag buying zen through steam. And in gameplay moments before.
    Post edited by metalheart#4270 on
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    The last time something like this happened (a few years ago), folks said a disgruntled player did a DOS attack against the server.

That was a fun time cause the attacker was not targeting even CO specifically. I think they were after NW and their DDOS was affecting all the Cryptic games.

Also they were nice enough to tweet every time they did an attack so it wasn't like it was particularly difficult to identify who was doing it.

It took a couple of months for Cryptic to stop them. Until then there were several bouts where the games would basically be down for a good hour or so. But just funny that one person can do attacks for that long to an entire game dev company hosting 3 major-title MMOs (well, ok, two major-title MMOs and one failure abortion) at once without them being able to do anything about it, all while actively gloating about it on twitter.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• alpha9kalpha9k Posts: 9 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    We are experiencing some issues with players being able to long in. The issue is being looked into.​​
    Please let us know what is going on, this is frustrating.

• failejedifailejedi Posts: 2 New User
    Love the game. Having authentication issues. Good luck on the issues if there is any.
  • deathsentry2012deathsentry2012 Posts: 149 Arc User
    still can't get in!! aw!
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    Closest I can get to logging on is by using the US proxy server. I can get to the character select screen, then sometimes get into a loading screen for the map, but then DC, and then when I attempt to log back on I get this:
    Zh7bD2U.jpg
    I guess Cryptic's SQL server that stores accounts is kind of screwing up or whatever.

Well anyways, don't expect any kind of compensation for this outage, Cryptic doesn't roll like other game companies when this sort of stuff happens, they want to leverage every bit of benefit they can give you as more money they can earn.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• sandukutupusandukutupu Posts: 65 Arc User
    This is only a connectivity issue as all 3 games Neverwinter, Star Trek, and Champions are on the same server. But the players here on CO are much more relaxed about this problem.

Have fun! <3
    banner.png
    Raging Princess Blaze + Model 286 + Red Inferno + Burgundy Beetle
  • originaltygeroriginaltyger Posts: 55 Arc User
    What sort of compensation would you expect? Most games I've been on don't do compensation unless it goes on for days.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    Hey guys, please try and log in again and see if this is resolved for you.​​
  • mrfreakensteinmrfreakenstein Posts: 40 Arc User
    I'm in, seems ok.
  • aschershadowaschershadow Posts: 39 Arc User
    Still having issues here. Got through to the character screen after account connection failed once. Lost connection to Login Server after choosing a character and trying to get in game. And logging in again netted me another Account Server connection Fail.
  • ultrashocultrashoc Posts: 41 Arc User
    Still getting account server connection fail
  • strypewolvenstrypewolven Posts: 45 Arc User
    Still issues here. Sometimes it won't even verify the patch.
  • mrfreakensteinmrfreakenstein Posts: 40 Arc User
    I even backed out and went back in a few times, no issues. Maybe you guys should try some lube?
    Thanks! The issue is still being looked into, will update when we have more info.​​
  • failejedifailejedi Posts: 2 New User
    Nope error 14 and disconnecting on retrieving maps.
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    I am disconnecting while attempting to load into zones (can log in and select character fine)
  • kurskikurski Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    .... CO for you man and thats not me even being mean its always something in this game. I can get to the characters but no zones or anything.
  • gameongameon Posts: 55 Arc User
    What sort of compensation would you expect? Most games I've been on don't do compensation unless it goes on for days.

A Double XP boost is nice and something easy to do...
    Reduced Cosmic Timers too...
    Full Zen Store 25%-30% off sale... and might even bring in a few dollars in Zen purchases... but might need PWI Overlord approval...
    A combination of the above would really be sweet...

And many MMOs do Double XP and even Loot Bonus drops as compensation for stuff like this...
    Our loot drops suck so why bother asking for that? lol
  • shortbus#4297 shortbus Posts: 100 Arc User
    First time logging in, I had a problem. (about 5 minutes ago).
    Just logged in and got in.
  • deathsentry2012deathsentry2012 Posts: 149 Arc User
    I even backed out and went back in a few times, no issues. Maybe you guys should try some lube?
    I never use lube..just saying
  • knightironstarknightironstar Posts: 38 Arc User
    I managed to finally get in.
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    Getting past the launcher, but not the next step.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • gameongameon Posts: 55 Arc User
    Got in game for a bit, tried to switch characters around 8:35 (time of this post), got kicked out and "Connection to account server timed out" from launcher
  • nolimitsbcnolimitsbc Posts: 1 Arc User
    i dont suppose there's been a fix yet ?
  • Still can't sign in either, guess it's back to L4D2 for me.
    Hey guys, this should be resolved now.​​
  • luumina#2431 luumina Posts: 506 Arc User
    still cant get in
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    Not resolved.
    We had some issues with character switching, this should be resolved now.​​
  • I still cannot log into the launcher
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    At 4:40 AM EST: Unable to Authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Can't get through with arc... 1940pm 7/2/19 Australian central time
  • terminatorxiiterminatorxii Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    "Unable to authenticate: Connection to the account server timed out" I've been trying for about 2 hours now and just getting that.

5:46 AM (GMT-4) Got in... for how long this time though?

5:47 AM (GMT-4) And: Nope just got into character selection screen this time when I tried to play a character: "Connection to the account server timed out"

5:49 AM to 5:59 AM (GMT-4) Passed Character Selection then spent time in loading screen followed by server not responding after a few minutes which lead to: Disconnection.

I'm guessing they will need to extend Harmon Labs one more day?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    edited February 2019
    Got in! But still getting having issues at character selection screen.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Same!
  • spikeydoo422spikeydoo422 Posts: 55 Arc User
    The problem is anything but fixed. It's actually getting a bit ridiculous now. Failure to login, SNRs, DCs, ETC. Is anyone still working on this, or did they all go home for the night?
  • aschershadowaschershadow Posts: 39 Arc User
    Safe to assume that this won't actually be "Resolved" until Maintenance in a few hours. It was working somewhat for a few hours then it started to screw up again.
  • Get to halfway in loading and the server times out :(
  • terminatorxiiterminatorxii Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    ... Maintenance, after which I assume the Nightmare Invasion Vendor will no longer be there... which means that I'd have wasted about 5 hours just trying to start trading in action figures to buy costume pieces, before that very same thing.

Public Test Server/Shard seems to be better currently in terms of logging into "the game"
    DCed (in middle of OV!)
    JwLmWoa.png
  • pjz99pjz99 Posts: 143 Arc User
    Someone asked me "hey so that thing earlier, is it fixed" and I was like "yeah I think it's fixed" and then I got disconnected and couldn't ever log back in :anguished:
  • alpha9kalpha9k Posts: 9 Arc User
    alpha9k wrote: »
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Please let us know what is going on, this is frustrating.

I am not believing that this is still going on, what is happening?
    Unmarking this as resolved.