test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Initial stats?

Are the initial stats we build on (with talents) for each of the Archtypes listed anyplace?

I know at lvl 6, a Behemoth is showing Str 15/ Dex 10/ Con 15/ Int 10 / Ego 10 / Pre 10 / Rec 15 / End 13, and an Inferno is showing Str 10/ Dex 15/ Con 10/ Int 10 / Ego 13 / Pre 10 / Rec 15 / End 15. The one I'm really interested in is what a Free Form starts at, but I don't want to strip one of my FF slots down to figure it out.
=)

Best Answers

• soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    sedailey wrote: »
    spinnytop wrote: »
    All 10s.​​

That's what I figured. BUT, for future reference, is there a list anyplace that shows the initial stat setup for each of the archtypes?

Ignore Spinny. Not sure why they said what they said, but, no, Free Forms do not start with all 10s in each stat. Not sure why they did not even ATTEMPT to explain this to you. But, the base stats for ALL toons, even ATs, is 5 in all stats. Now, here is why each AT has higher stats than 5s, ATs and FFs have this thing called "Innate Talent". Innate Talents are assigned to each AT from the get go and cannot be changed. Innate Talents give bonuses to all the stats on a toon. FFs get to actually choose their innate talent.

For example, you listed the starting stats of The Behemoth. The Behemoth has an Innate Talent called, The Behemoth, this Innate Talent gives your toon +10 Str, +5 Dex, +10 Con, +5 Int, +5 Ego, +5 Pre, +10 Rec, and +8 End. When placed on top of the base of 5s that all toons have, An AT Behemoth will have the starting stats you listed. Each AT has an innate talent (typically named after the AT) attached to it. FFs can choose from those Innate Talents, and some others.

So, the correct answer is that all toons have a base of 5 in each stat, which is further boosted by their Innate Talent.

And if Spinny tries to argue...I can easily give a screen shot of my level 6 Free Form's stating stats, which will be all 5s. I can do that, because I am right now on my level 6 Free Form gathering this information.

So, there you go, the correct answer.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited January 2019 Answer ✓
    That's what I figured. BUT, for future reference, is there a list anyplace that shows the initial stat setup for each of the archtypes?
    I think you can see talents on the character creation screen, but it's a somewhat heinous UI. Alternately, https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm knows the powers and innate talents of all ATs (click on the 'Freeform' text to select a different AT); just add 5 to get actual starting values.

Answers

• sedaileysedailey Posts: 34 Arc User
    All 10s.​​

• soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    All 10s.​​

For further information, in game, you can press P to open your Powers window and at the VERY Top you'll see the Innate Talent (on ATs that is).
  • deadman20deadman20 Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    At base, all characters will have 5 in every stat. After that, each innate talent provides another 5 to every stat at minimum. So, each character should have at least 10 in every stat. Innate talents obviously boost some stats more than just 5, so there's that to account for. You can view each innate talent available out-of-game with aescia's Hero Creator, and in-game when creating a freeform character.​​
    Steam Guide to Modifications and Equipment (Champions Online) - DZPlayer's Builds (Last updated: 3/26/2018)
    And I will always be @DZPlayer122.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!