test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ally Tab Targeting

I wanted to play healer on this game for a long time and I have tried in the past. My issue is the fact when going into "Ally targeting mode" it selects EVERY friendly target, whether it be pets, NPCs or turrets on the ground... it's aggravating :cold_sweat:

Please add in an option to DISABLE targeting of the following:

- Ally pets (even the sigils) I mean EVERY PET
- Friendly NPCs (jogging duke nukem don't need no heals/buffs)
- World objects (such as the turrets in RenCen)

Thank you all very much for looking and adding feedback to this post.

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    how are you targeting allies?
    dcvpgnv-a562866f-ebb9-4eed-90ba-57849fe744fb.png
    More specifically what do you have for the red, green, orange and purple data fields?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • unrealhorizonunrealhorizon Posts: 7 Arc User
    The thing is I'm using an Xbox controller for all my characters, now with it if you press RT+RB you switch to friendly targeting. And it targets EVERY friendly entity, players, pets and NPCs. I see what you're showing me here, but having 4 extra buttons to press might not be the best option to go about this, that or start typing out custom binds for this to work.. think i'll stick to clicking on the names of players. Thanks for the reply :smile:
    hmm... maybe just bind something to the purple field then? That seems like what you want.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    Hmm, what's the difference between "friend" and "friendly player"? Does the former include pets and other things?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    yeah, I think the "friend" one includes pets and stuff, but also NPCs. Like those Police officer NPCs you see in MC, or the Steelhead troops in Canada, etc...
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    yeah, I think the "friend" one includes pets and stuff, but also NPCs. Like those Police officer NPCs you see in MC, or the Steelhead troops in Canada, etc...
    This is correct. Tested this extensively when I first made my healer.

The OP is correct, healer targeting in this game is a huge PITA. I set up keybinds for targeting next/previous/nearest friendly player. I never need to target the "friend" crap that includes NPCs and dogs. That can help some.

In certain cases, I will actually set up a custom keybind based on character name. You people with your crackhead names make this a pain, but it can be a big help in certain circumstances.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.