test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Help Me Heat Up My Fire DPS

Been playing this build for quite a while and basically, it is really good. But, I want to see if I can get a few more dps out of it. Have not updated it in a while, so I am wondering if I am missing any essential debuffs or synergies that have emerged recently.

She is equipped with Justice/OV with mostly R7s, maybe 1 or 2 R8s. I'm working on that. I do dual gear her, with 2 complete sets, one for dps and one for tanking. For dps, she is fully stacked DEX, which comes to 644. Does have Sniper gloves, but no DUC (millions of Harmon runs with no drops).

She has a full retcon ready to go, so any suggestions to tweak up the damage, while staying mostly in theme (she is a lava being) are greatly appreciated!

Vulcana Ranged Damage
v3.27:30

Super Stats
Level 6: Ego (Primary)
Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: Energized (Rec: 12, End: 12)
Level 6: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
Level 9: Daredevil (Ego: 5, End: 5)
Level 12: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
Level 15: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 18: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 21: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
Level 1: Throw Fire
Level 1: Fireball (Rank 2, Unstable Accelerant, Challenge!)
Level 6: Fiery Form (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 8: Thermal Reverberation
Level 11: Conflagration (Rank 2, Rank 3, Accelerated Metabolism)
Level 14: Absorb Heat (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 17: Incinerate (Rank 2, Rank 3, Burninator)
Level 20: Flashfire (Rank 2, Rank 3, Challenge!)
Level 23: Fire Snake
Level 26: Antagonize (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 29: Chilled Form
Level 32: Resurgence (Evanescent Emergence)
Level 35: Lock N Load
Level 38: Defiance
Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
Level 6: Acrobatics (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Phoenix Flight

Specializations
Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
Ego: Insight (1/3)
Ego: Aggression (2/2)
Ego: Follow Through (2/3)
Ego: Sixth Sense (3/3)
Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
Guardian: The Best Defense (2/3)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: The Rush of Battle (3/3)
Vindicator: Modified Gear (2/2)
Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

Devices
- - - - -
SIGNATURE:
Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Hm.. I guess you could add a 2nd AO, and/or maybe consider Fire grenade w/ the No Quarter debuff. Hydra could also work, if you have it. Seems like Flashfire would be needed for optimal dps, though hopefully it having Challenge doesn't draw you aggro when you don't want it. Also, it doesn't seem like you can keep Engulfing Flames rolling as is, due to Firesnake's downtime. Maybe take Fanning Flames and R2 for Flashfire, and just rely on Fireball for Challenge?

You prob won't be able to completely optimize its dps just cause its a dual-passive build that has to also balance being a tank (and on the other side, def not being an optimal tank either). Also, you forgot one point in Guardian (I assume in FtM), and trading Vindicator's RoB heal for Focused Strikes can up Incinerate's dps (or Mass Destruction if you want to boost the AoE)- if you are fine w/ that trade.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Yeah, I've been thinking about dumping the Tank side. It only takes up 1 power and a few advantage points, so I'm not sure how much difference that would make.

I also can't really decide if I still need Fireball. They really nerfed Unstable Accelerant. Plus, Incinerate applies that, as well. The only time that debuff would come in handy is fighting multiple opponents, at which point, the extra bit of damage hardly matters.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Yea, you don't strictly need Fireball for an Incinerate and Conflag build. It can be a bit of an alpha strike too, but its up to you what's more important.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • yannbiosyannbios Posts: 51 Arc User
    U need fan the flames advantage on flashfire. Conflag isnt good anymore. And use incendary grenades. U use snake and flashfire once and refresh with incendary grenade with both advnagates scorched and chemical burn. Then incinerate x2 and repeat grenade. U dont need tk snake or flashfire anymore after initial casting
    I'd agree w/ getting FtF on Flashfire (mentioned that in my first reply). Also, Conflag is still good as the filler ranged AoE if dropping Fireball. As I also mentioned before, the fire grenade w/ No Quarter adv could be thrown in if there's room, sure, but if not then he'll want to keep using Flashfire w/ FtF to refresh Engulfing Flames.
    True i wasnt sure if he was keeping a theme. I nyself wanted to use fire breath until i saw how crappy the damage was regardkess however i ranked it
    Im also using intel dex recovery stats
    edited January 2019
    Well, I'm unsure what toggle/form you are using for your version of the build, and if you mean using Int PSS or not. Detect Vuln won't be as strong if focusing on Dex w/ Chilled Form or Rec w/ Fiery Will.

If you mean a INT/Dex/Rec setup when using Concentration and an Int focus, then that can be fine as a dps option. You could change Rec for End, since that scales up TReverb more, but energy may be okay either way. Fire has a good amount of different setups it can use atm.
    Yeah, I ended up dropping Fireball and picking up Incend Grenade w/ the No Quarter. Thematically, it's just a big ol' chunk of exploding lava that she hurls. And then I added Fan the Flames to Flashfire, too. Dropped Defiance and just straight DPS. Out of all that, got a bit of a dps increase, so it's all good. Thanks for all the help!
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Cool, glad to hear its working out better for you.
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    If you use just fan the flames, you don't even need to touch flashfire, just having it in the build will make the fire from the nade do everything that you need. I use pyre instead of conflag, since you don't need a target, all you need to do is jump into a crowd, and set it off once, and everyone dies.
    [NbK]XStorm
    It's only after all that when I realize that Fire is not that great a DPS set, anyway. Ah well.
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE: