test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

stoic flight

what is the process for acquiring this flight mode. also..when its unlocked can all select it from the power menu?

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Lockbox power unlock. It's an account unlock, but it's a travel power, so yeah.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Posts: 521 Arc User
    And being a lockbox unlock means either opening the right box and getting lucky (in this case the Shao Lin lockbox), or waiting for it to show up at the collector's store and redeeming whatever ticket you have to redeem to get it.

It may already be there.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    or hoping someone has a spare they will sell.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    That one is MEGA expensive, I think the last one I seen go for like 5000g, or some such. You might be better off trying to get it from the box.
    [NbK]XStorm
    Yeah as often as I see it in use? You'd better believe almost every copy that's ever dropped has be used.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • cptmassive1cptmassive1 Posts: 120 Arc User
    160 shao lin boxes = nada. I call bs that it still exists. Still in the box description.
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Was rare...keep trying or sell keys and trying to buy it from someone
    I dunno - I got a better drop rate on the STO R&D ships than this power. Ain't never been a power IIRC I wouldn't get out of a box in 20 - 30 boxes or so. This one is different. Dunno why.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    It took me 40 boxes to get it. It's just RNG bullshiting you. You should copy a couple of toons to PTS and test how many attempts it takes to get one​​
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    lezard21 wrote: »
    It took me 40 boxes to get it. It's just RNG bullshiting you. You should copy a couple of toons to PTS and test how many attempts it takes to get one​​

Since you're hating on anime so often, here's something that might ruin your day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8MCvOsxj8M

'But, but... Mommy said, i can always use the arcane flight unlock!'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hPxkYUuG44&t=36s

Have funsies, anime boy!

• lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Since you're hating on anime so often,

Wait, what?

You might have got the wrong number dude lol​​
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    It is in the collector store, but the token needed to acquire it seems to be selling for around 6k, meaning that's even rarer than the travel power in the lockbox.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    So i could sell one for, let's say...5KGs?
    :#
    And how much for the Device?...
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    The device probably isn't worth as much, since you're not allowed to use it without the unlock first.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    This was the first lockbox power I really wanted and never managed to get. I opened about 50 boxes, but no luck. Gave up after that.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Thats why you save Gs and buy that from AH.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Never saw one in the AH.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    They come up from time-to-time in the AH........ the Gold Foil Special Item A voucher that gets you it comes up a bit more often.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    @lame22334 and @roughbearmattach Either of you unlocked this yet?
    First to respond here (w/ your in-game handle), gets one FOC.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS!:)
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    nbkxs wrote: »
    That one is MEGA expensive, I think the last one I seen go for like 5000g, or some such. You might be better off trying to get it from the box.

Wow, beginning to think I should have save the two extras I had to sell them now...instead of selling them when the lockbox came out...
    edited December 2018
    over 300 boxes tried. It's gone, period. Nothing else has been anywhere near this rare.

Edit: OK Poindexter-to-be, no other lockbox item since I have been playing the game (2009) has been so. Not counting deliberate Therakiel BS.
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    Yo @cptmassive1 - Let me know your in-game handle and I'll mail one to you. ;)

@lame22334 & @roughbearmattach - You guys are still up for one unlock of this TP, first to answer gets it!

tumblr_nh4dw7bONE1qg9pglo1_r1_500.gif
  • servantrulesservantrules Posts: 312 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    It's overpriced, but it does look nice.
    LOL - no need for charity but thank you anyway. Please do not misunderstand. I do not feel like I should be entitled to an item or power. My issue is that the math doesn't work. I am sure there are several on this board who are irritated when things don't behave as they should and can identify with the feeling.

if you really want to give one away @marhawkman would be happy to have one. :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    It's overpriced, but it does look nice.

Most things sold by players in the exchange are overpriced.
    spordelia wrote: »
    Yo @cptmassive1 - Let me know your in-game handle and I'll mail one to you. ;)

@lame22334 & @roughbearmattach - You guys are still up for one unlock of this TP, first to answer gets it!

Thanks and that's super generous, @spordelia , but I don't really play Champs any more, aside from logging in once after each update, and an occasional forum post. If new missions or events are added, I will log in to play those.

Very cool of you to be so kind, though.

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    ...but I don't really play Champs any more, aside from logging in once after each update, and an occasional forum post.

I saw you at dino u3u​​
    That's because I was there.
    OwO

Scandalous!!
    That's because I was there.
    OwO

Still can't get the smell of leather and jack daniels out of my hair u3u​​
  • akaara1akaara1 Posts: 174 Arc User
    Been trying since day one to get my hands on Stoic Flight but no luck for this chick. One on the AH for like 5000 globals but I only have 4,000. There has to be a better way to get what you WANT than a stupid RNG. Once you open 100 of the same box you should be able to get a voucher for the ONE item you want from the stupid box.

At all the recent costume contests by the devs, same chick has won because she is using stoic flight. I'm sure the devs know how rare it is so she gets the win because they know how much money she/he has sunk into the game.

I actually stopped playing the game because I COULD not get this. I am out of zen so no money for keys or lockboxes.

Damn lockboxes suck.
  • slumpywpgslumpywpg Posts: 129 Arc User
    I opened ~120 Shaolin lockboxes, no drop :(
  • gameongameon Posts: 55 Arc User
    akaara1 wrote: »
    At all the recent costume contests by the devs, same chick has won because she is using stoic flight. I'm sure the devs know how rare it is so she gets the win because they know how much money she/he has sunk into the game.

Glad I'm not the only person to have noticed this...
    Even when they mentioned it during the video stream, there was no sincerity in the "We don't look at names..." comment. Like, yeah, right... lol. What do they do then? Pick the one person using Stoic Flight?
    Oh, have we reached the tin foil hat portion of the thread? o3o​​
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Oh, have we reached the tin foil hat portion of the thread? o3o​​

Yes. lol
    Seriously though... go back and look at the video of the Christmas costume contest when they say they don't look at names. It's hilarious! Total damage control and their body language says it all. Like kids caught with their hand in the cookie jar.

Fuel for the conspiracy... Let's start a poll on who actually has any Dev Tokens and how many they have...
    edited January 2019
    So, how much did everyone else at the costume contest spend on the game recently? Any proof that that winner spent the most other than "they haz stoic flite"? Any proof that they even spent a lot? I mean.. what if someone gave it to them for free? I gave away a few this year. What if they got it out of the first box they opened? Or the third like me? Lots of holes in this theory of yours.

66441d3f6f8ff91ac15117e225faf07b.jpg​​
    When I have placed at a Dev CC......you can guarantee there isn’t a conspiracy
    The drop rate on certain things. This stoic flight, and that special item A voucher are absolutely absurd-low. Unacceptably low. Target locked/draysha devices are in that tier. So, if you have a dozen dps that need these devices. Hello 5000$+ going into boxes to get enough of them for all of your characters. RIP.
    [NbK]XStorm
    Any proof that that winner spent...

I stated nothing about spending. I actually have no hard feelings that "the same chick won".
    If their costumes earn a win, the costumes earn a win...
    But how hard is it to pick out the one person using stoic flight?
    I went to the videos... it wasn't hard.. a few mouse clicks and there she was... the one person wearing stoic flight.

Don't look at names? I call baloney... but its been nearly 2 months between contests and I hardly remember what I did yesterday... and there was no clause of not being able to win if you won in the past 60 days or anything like that. Congrats to the player!

So let's see what stands out about this person's costumes.
    What makes this character such an attraction to win in not just one but two, back-to-back, contests...

2zjgwfb.jpg

Don't really need to look at names when you know who you're looking for, lol
    #conspiracy!

But... let's get back to the issue of the absurdly low drop rate of certain items...
    edited January 2019
    So wait... are you saying that they picked her cause of Stoic Flight, or because of her name? Cause first you're doubting that they don't look at names, and then you're saying they don't need to look at names cause they just look for stoic flight. And if they're not looking for stoic flight because of the implication of having spent lots of money, then why would they be looking for stoic flight?​​
    Hahaha....wow.
    edited January 2019
    gameon wrote: »
    I stated nothing about spending.

btw since you missed it, this person did o3o hence why I mentioned it
    akaara1 wrote: »

I'm glad you're not bitter that you didn't win though because going by the image it's clear she won for the costume, it looks very nice ^_^​​
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    The two outfits are very similar and the pose does compliment them well. The things that earned her a win the first time obviously helped her out the second time because she has a style that some judge finds aesthetically pleasing and probably completely forgot how similar the two outfits were or simply didn't care. It's a coincidence, not proof of the CCs being rigged.

Complaints about CCs being rigged are so common that it has become a joke... it's all paranoia and conspiracy theory nonsense, it makes people who complain about these things look like silly sore losers. If you believe dev CCs are rigged do not participate. period. What would even be the point?

Seeiously....dev could just send the player stuff if they favored them. God knows I’ve spent thousands in this game...I could do with a therakial sword
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    2 stoic flights in AH for a mere 5500 and 6500.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    2 stoic flights in AH for a mere 5500 and 6500.

Bet the sellers saw this thread and decided to capitalize lol​​
    So, how much did everyone else at the costume contest spend on the game recently? Any proof that that winner spent the most other than "they haz stoic flite"? Any proof that they even spent a lot? I mean.. what if someone gave it to them for free? I gave away a few this year. What if they got it out of the first box they opened? Or the third like me? Lots of holes in this theory of yours.

66441d3f6f8ff91ac15117e225faf07b.jpg​​

One of my favorite video game conspiracy theories is for World of Tanks. One guy claims that the match making is rigged to make the game have as close as a 50% overall win rate for the entire server... and he thinks that is wrong. In a battle of 15 vs 15, if 15 people win 15 times and 15 people lose 15 times, what is the overall win rate? 50% of course. And, it is not because of any sort of rigging, but, because of simple logic. Yet, he wouldn't listen. People that say this type of stuff just leave me wondering...

And, if it is indeed won by people that spend lots...I guess I'll just have to go there in my worst costume that somehow fits their theme. If I win it despite having a costume that shouldn't win, the theory could be considered true, for, I am heavy spender on this game. Not going to go into how much I spend, just that, compared to the average spender, I am excessive in spending.

Of course, if I lose...that means the theory is debunked. Of course, someone that has placed in one is not known to be a heavy spender, so, that might as well mean the theory is debunked already.
    gameon wrote: »
    *Snipping conspiracy*

All I see is two nice looking costumes. I see no reason why they SHOULDN'T win at all. Stoic flight compliments the costumes and overall theme. They choose because of how the entire appearance fits. No rigging, no bias.

Though, as a judge, I try my best not to choose the same person to many times, because, second time, tells me they are doing good. But, third time forth in a short period of time, I start to wonder if the person is winning due to bias from the judges. But, I tend to keep such thoughts to myself, pointless to talk about them when nothing can be proven.
    Seeiously....dev could just send the player stuff if they favored them. God knows I’ve spent thousands in this game...I could do with a therakial sword

I also could use that sword. *Shakes fist at the heavens.* Give me the sword!
    Just wanted to update everyone that I finally did get Stoic Flight. A few weeks of Caprice ... wasn't welcome so I opened more boxes and got one.

But hey I solved my problem so you can shut these boards down until I need another thing. That is all.