Comments

• tempestorm76tempestorm76 Posts: 90 Arc User
    Disney Land?
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Cat World!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    Maintenance Mode​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Someone somewhere knows something of something.....
    :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    2019: The Year Of REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE​​
  • darqaura2darqaura2 Posts: 932 Arc User
    Bug fixes, costumes, powerset reviews, some lair updates, maybe 1 or 2 new Alerts. Possibly. Maybe. :p
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    In 2019, Champions Online will receive:

- Additions to in game content (perhaps expansions for Gateway and/or UNTIL)
    - Adjustments / nerfs / fixes / buffs to certain powers and/or power sets which may cause player upset.
    - Feature less new vehicle skins than 2018 did.
    - Bring several new lockboxes and costume sets and emotes.
    - Bring more costume transformations which are character bound *eye twitch*

1*vBFA717BHuyzmMXsyMyNLQ.jpeg

• nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    Please just fix archery so it's actually useful.
    [NbK]XStorm
    edited January 2019
    nbkxs wrote: »

You spelled Wind wrong o3o​​
  • invicta2012invicta2012 Posts: 1 Arc User
    But it is! (Hides AOPM/ Manipulator /Archery build...)
  • tempestorm76tempestorm76 Posts: 90 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    nbkxs wrote: »

You spelled Wind wrong o3o​​

You spelled force wrong...
  • sgtken60sgtken60 Posts: 252 Arc User
    Well? Where are we going next?

Well I am not sure if you all are being serious or not. But I throw in my 2 cents worth, of things what I think would help the game.

1) The tutorial - It should be expanded in a way to show new players everything from powers selection to blocking.

2) Expand the world of Champions Online - Adventures in different parts of the World and Universe of Champions - This maybe hard depending on the game engine and the game license.

3) Add more Adventures for level 40: I might be wrong on this one since i just got to level 40. And I am still discovering stuff.

4) Set a way to get/earn ONE (and only one) Free-form for free: This one might cause a little hate my way. But I think this would bring more players into the game.

5) Powers - Expand and improve the power-sets (and add new ones if possible) this Players can set their Heroes in different ways

I really enjoy this game,but I know I am still a newbie so if this takes this thread off track I am sorry, did not mean to hijack. :)
    Here's a little preview of what's to come uwu
    QiYigewmcI78zGDAvKHX3EJY9yr0LBeWHo_jp1Jf3GA.png?auto=webp&s=d7a002d2c83c2f6ac9d99407844a790c6b5a4e7e​​

Accurate

sgtken60 wrote: »

I really enjoy this game,but I know I am still a newbie so if this takes this thread off track I am sorry, did not mean to hijack. :)

Trust me that ship has already sailed long before your post. You're good. =)

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User
    The state of the game is currently California, although for reasons I still don't fully comprehend the state of the servers is Massachusetts.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User

Same place we’ve been since Cryptic North disbanded: Living hand-to-mouth until the hand can no longer find anything. Keep watching the PTS patch notes.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Lol yeah how can we forget the glorious days of Cryptic North​​
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    lezard21 wrote: »
    Was that the team that came up with the On-Alert patch?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited January 2019
    Lol yeah how can we forget the glorious days of Cryptic North

That's the team that made Onslaught u3u and the "Awakening System".

On-Alert was before the period where the game was in actual maintenance mode, North showed up after that.​​
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 721 Arc User
    as much as i would love to see some of this, from the hints that have been given, there are a few. I would say anything given free is not going to be on par with that from a lock box or in the z store. So we might get some free bones once a while but most things are going to be in the lock boxes this coming year "stock up while you can on keys". That's what i took it as meaning, new powers will be added to sets and sets revised and expanded but this may only be a few i hope for 4 or more but might be less. I would love some new lower level map options as after 50 characters so sick of the same content at lower level and i don't like the higher stuff. Guess i am a altaholic and too much a casual player than most, more alert options would be good and some alternative leveling options say like the old sewer net work as in COH. Throw in small little side quest here and there and some random adventure options to do.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User

They created Gateway, Steel Crusade, Fatal Err0r??? and Dance Emotes among other things.
    And Variable....
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    CN had its good ideas. It also had its bad ideas.
    Same place we’ve been since Cryptic North disbanded: Living hand-to-mouth until the hand can no longer find anything. Keep watching the PTS patch notes.

Wait... are you saying that the Cryptic North period was some golden age compared to where we are now? o_O​​
  • xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    edited January 2019

Wait... are you saying that the Cryptic North period was some golden age compared to where we are now? o_O​​

Each added content(or rather, one added new content; one reskinned in game assets for endgame), but the current devs seem more focused on some QoL updates/powerset reviews
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User

You forget who you’re talking to. :wink: That just happened to be the time Cryptic’s current development model fo CO began.
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
    edited January 2019
    xcelsior41 wrote: »
    Each added content(or rather, one added new content; one reskinned in game assets for endgame), but the current devs seem more focused on some QoL updates/powerset reviews

One added new assets, the other added way more actual content using current assets ( and also added some new assets ).
    You forget who you’re talking to. :wink: That just happened to be the time Cryptic’s current development model fo CO began.

What is the current development model? o3o​​
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I think that we're all hoping it involves this new programming tool making it easier to revise old stuff and make new lairs, missions, etc. New powersets and the like, though.... not sure. I think we'll get more Costumes, Ultimates and Travel Powers, which boost sales of lockboxes or have to be purchased for Zen. Dev time has to be paid for and anything they do has to make a profit, too.
    I predict we'll get a silly costume piece, and somebody will be angry about it o3o​​
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    Only thing you can rely on for what is to be held in the future is butt hurt players.
    But then on the other side who praise mediocrity. So it balances out it seems, some prefer to flush crap others like to smell it.
    And the award for Vague Comment That Could Be About Literally Anybody goes to... ealford o3o​​
  • xcelsior41xcelsior41 Posts: 1,056 Arc User
    And the award for Vague Comment That Could Be About Literally Anybody goes to... ealford o3o​​

:confused:
    Buffing everything to stupid high levels and nerfing everything to piss poor levels yields the same results, but not the same community reactions.

42 40s, LTSer.
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    But then on the other side who praise mediocrity. So it balances out it seems, some prefer to flush crap others like to smell it.

You are not wrong.
  • horripilantehorripilante Posts: 320 Arc User
    All i want to say is that its already 2019 and its time for Cryptic to adress something very important.

GROND needs more love
    Thats why we need a Grond centric Event or Adventure pack
    Something like....

GROND VS MECHA-GROND

It should include a GRONDBOX containing GRONDBUSTER-Powerarmor costume, an Anti-Grondling Tank Vehicle, a Grondling-Travelpower and many more GROND related godness.

They cannot simply continue to ignore the star of the show.

• shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    More like Grond related Grondness =)
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    For the Grond Finale?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    All teh Gronds \o/
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 721 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    giphy.gif
    spinnytop
    It's good that you put my name on that cause otherwise nobody would have known who that was directed at. I'm still not sure why it's directed at me though, can you explain? :D​​
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    I thought Spinny was made of Sugar and Marshmallows onion-13.gif​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    avianos wrote: »
    I thought Spinny was made of Sugar and Marshmallows onion-13.gif

too much carbs. I'm made of broccoli and hot peppers o3o​​
  • theglasskittentheglasskitten Posts: 175 Arc User
    > @horripilante said:
    > All i want to say is that its already 2019 and its time for Cryptic to adress something very important.
    >
    > GROND needs more love
    > Thats why we need a Grond centric Event or Adventure pack
    > Something like....
    >
    > GROND VS MECHA-GROND
    >
    > It should include a GRONDBOX containing GRONDBUSTER-Powerarmor costume, an Anti-Grondling Tank Vehicle, a Grondling-Travelpower and many more GROND related godness.
    >
    > They cannot simply continue to ignore the star of the show.

This please!
    ╔══╗
    ╚╗╔╝
    ╔╝(¯v´¯)
    ╚══.¸Menagerie
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Might be a good idea to release Grond Revamp with Might Revamp. I highly doubt it tho since I presume Kaiz doesn't like to mess with Grond's coding because of his jumping schtick.

She should probably just make Grond the same as the other 3 cosmics.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    All teh Gronds \o/
    Gronds for everyone!
    dabmqu8-3fd47489-f931-4c3f-bce9-4c7bb52ba1c6.jpg
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Might be a good idea to release Grond Revamp with Might Revamp. I highly doubt it tho since I presume Kaiz doesn't like to mess with Grond's coding because of his jumping schtick.

My prediction is that they are going to just rip all of his coding out, and just take the model, and add completely fresh code.​​
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    And, the new growth device device will be released at the same time. It's all part of a BIG conspiracy :)

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,315 Arc User

My prediction is that they are going to just rip all of his coding out, and just take the model, and add completely fresh code.​​
    Which will, for no easily explained reason, break all of the mounts in Neverwinter and cause every starship in STO to appear as a Negh'var cruiser.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"