test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Warlock - Darkness / Sorcery

bladestabladesta Posts: 60 Arc User
edited January 2019 in Builds and Roles
Hello, I've made a new mystic themed build - it's currently level 33. Everything in it is either there already or will be shortly (within like 10G of respeccing it). I am happy with the main attacks and the energy unlock, I could use Spellcaster but nothing would be stacked by using Ebon Ruin, and the DoT from full charging Ebon Ruin and Devoid+Fear from Shadow Blast full charge means Concentration works well.

The Warlock - Ranged Damage

Super Stats
Level 6: Intelligence (Primary)
Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Powers
Level 1: Shadow Bolt
Level 1: Shadow Blast (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 6: Shadow Form (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 8: Lifedrain (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Conjuring
Level 14: Voodoo Doll (Rank 2)
Level 17: Concentration
Level 20: Star Barrage (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 23: Ebon Ruin (Rank 2, Rank 3, Nyctophobia)
Level 26: Telekinetic Shards (Inner Peace)
Level 29: Ego Sprites (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 32: Imbue
Level 35: Masterful Dodge
Level 38: Crashing Incantation (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
Level 6: Arcane Flight (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Inky Ooze Tunneling (Rank 2)

Specializations
Intelligence: Enlightened (3/3)
Intelligence: Tactician (2/2)
Intelligence: Detect Vulnerability (3/3)
Intelligence: Expertise (2/2)
Avenger: Ruthless (2/2)
Avenger: Round 'em Up (3/3)
Avenger: Surprise Attack (2/2)
Avenger: Preemptive Strike (3/3)
Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
Mastery: Avenger Mastery (1/1)

The main thing is to make it a bit more "mystical" - this is where the Telepathy powers come in as they are both hand focused and look red enough to match Star Barrage and look like continuations of the mystic power. I have tried Pillar of Poz and not really liked it. I wondered if it might be worth it to replace one of them with a curse, but Will'o'Wisp doesn't do much damage and doesn't seem to help with energy that much, or provide healing. I have toyed with just having illumination the power but that also seemed a bit pointless. I am debating Hex of Suffering as an extra damage layer, though annoying it doesn't seem to have lingering VFX.

Comments

• Options
    bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    Hex is actually a great power for darkness builds, since it has a good DoT and lets you apply fear on a tap. If this were my build, I'd switch Ego Sprites to that. Some other changes I'd make would be as follows:

1) Switch Shadow Form to Night Warrior, which lets you charge Ebon Ruin more quickly. (And gives your char an invisibility spell for your mystic theme.)

2) Use taps of Shadow Blast before each Ebon Ruin, rather than full charges. This will put the Preemptive Strike buff on each of your Ebon Ruins, and give you more time dealing full charges of your most damaging attack. (In keeping with this, I'd switch Avenger Mastery to Int Mastery.)

3) I actually would go with Spellcaster for the form, since Shadow Blast taps alone are enough to run it.

4) Up the block to R3.

5) Switch MD to Resurgence, which I find to be a better "oh crap" button for low-HP dps builds.

5) Switch TK Shards (which I assume is there for the weak heal) to something more useful. This could be Conviction, if you feel you need a second heal, but I'd probably take a second active offense, either Lock n' Load or Ice Sheathe.
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    The toggle/form and EU here could be a number of things, depending on what attacks you really want to settle on. I would agree w/ some of the points made above, though I'm not very clear on what sort of attacks you consider okay for the concept outside of SBlast, ERuin, and I guess Star Barrage. I would prob also get 3/3 in Find the Mark, or consider using Vindicator w/ Focused Strikes. I assume by the color comments that this is a bought FF slot that can't change the tint of powers?
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    I (now) have LTS so can colour everything so that's not a problem. I thiught that Shadow Blast only inflicted Devoid (the curse) on full charge? So how would taps fuel spellcaster or conjuring?

As regards the EU, I chose conjuring as Spirit Reverb is always a bit annoying when I have used it as you need to keep using dimensional attacks which rules out Star Barrage.

Hex is probably a good shout, I might stick it in there. I meant Resurgence but forgot it!

I did actually have Night Warrior before so I could use Fireball, but respecced out of it as didn't use Fireball that much and thought a purer boosting from would be better DPS.

The main theme attacks are: Ruin, Sblast, Star Barrage, Lifedrain, Voodo Doll and Crashing Incantation.
  • Options
    Devoid applies on tap for SBlast. Its the Fear effect that's only guaranteed on full charge. Conjuring is fine w/ it and Hex & Star Barrage also being used. Lifedrain won't innately proc Spellcaster or Conjuring, but you can have the EU rolling the BG pretty easily w/ the way Conjuring constantly refreshes, and just tap SBlast or hit Hex for toggle stacks. Conc or Chilled Form can also obv work too in most cases, but you have diff options to consider either way.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Ahhh, that makes things easier in some ways then. I may leave it with Concentration just because he already has it and it's quite far down, and I'm stacking a mix of int and dex but more int. I will pick up Hex though I think, instead of Sprites probably. Themewise Conviction looks a bit skewy so may leave him with the inferior restoration heal.

What do you think about Night Warrior vs Shadow Form tho Flo?
    Post edited by bladesta on
  • Options
    NW will prob edge out w/ ERuin charges, though they both are suitable choices. You could always parse them in the PH to see if there's any sizable gap between their dps. Could also consider the secondary effects, like if you value Shadow Form's small heal or threat reduction at all or not, or having NW's Sneak.
  • Options
    Concept wise, inky ooze tunneling fulfils the same function as I would have used sneak for (on the basis it still makes you untargettable?), but Night Warrior would allow me to use Fissure which I kinda like thematically as summoning a bit of hell.
  • Options
    Well, the Sneak is obv not an integral part of the build's main focus (NW is a good dps passive w/o even considering it), but yeah if you want to also use Fissure for theme then NW can boost that too.