test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Wow No way to get a monthly subscription anymore???

Was here in 2009 in Beta . Played for years ...left...came back....left again. But really..to play my freeform character i have to pay $299.00 dollars??? hahaha please say this is wrong?

Comments

• Options
    milliniumxmilliniumx Posts: 9 Arc User
    No monthly options??
  • Options
    gameongameon Posts: 55 Arc User
    you can buy single freeform slots that function on a per character basis...
    I think they go for $20 each?
    Welcome Back!
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    milliniumx wrote: »
    But really..to play my freeform character i have to pay $299.00 dollars??? hahaha please say this is wrong?

Good news, you're wrong! FF Slots can now be used to turn one of your regular slots into a FF slot.​​
  • Options
    so how do I do that? and for 20 dollars I can play forever with that character? I didn't see an option where I can buy a slot? and well my 40 lol character who is already free form take that spot I buy?
  • Options
    The problem is...My character is a Gold character because I was a subscriber. I cant keep him at Gold. I have to make him Silver which makes him archtype. How do i keep him Freeform without getting into the game. Meaning how does he stay the same....Freeform with his powers and transfer to Silver from Gold. I read i have to make him Silver and then he loses freeform status. Taking away Monthly Subs was dumb. And if they wanted to do all this other bullcrap of Premium packs. Just make a teir of costs. Id pay 1 time 30 dollars making my 1 character Gold and staying freeform. Maybe 50 dollars. I dont need 100 character slots. If i want to change my toon. I buy a retcon. But why not have a Gold option with freeform for 1 character?
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    so how do I do that? and for 20 dollars I can play forever with that character? I didn't see an option where I can buy a slot? and well my 40 lol character who is already free form take that spot I buy?

There is an Upgrade button on the character select screen. Click that while you have the character you want to turn into a FF slot selected.
    The problem is...My character is a Gold character because I was a subscriber. I cant keep him at Gold. I have to make him Silver which makes him archtype. How do i keep him Freeform without getting into the game.

You will have to convert a character to an archetype, or use a new slot to make an archetype so you can get in game and access the cash shop. Even if you do convert your 40 to an archetype, they'll be a FF again after the conversion process anyway.​​