test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gold Characters

felcrow68felcrow68 Posts: 27 Arc User
edited December 2018 in Champions Online Discussion
Reinstalled the game after a long break to discover there is no longer a subscription. So explain to me how I am supposed to access my gold Freeform characters please? I poured a lot of money into this game over the years and created many characters I can no longer access without converting them to silver.

Comments

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Two methods:

1) Purchase a Freeform slot for each Gold toon you wish to access. You can then put the toon into the Gold slot and carry on with your life. This one may seem pricey, but it depends on how many toons you want to actually play - one slot will cost 3000 Zen, $30 if you don't still have Zen in reserve, which is equivalent to two months' subscription; three slots are bundled together for 6000 Zen, or $60, the same as four months' sub. Note that this is a one-time fee, with no monthly maintenance cost.

2) Purchase an LTS. Every slot you have will be Gold, and new Gold slots will cost 100 Zen each (up to a maximum of 100 slots, apparently, but I'm only somewhere in the 40s). Again, this is a one-time fee; on sale, it will generally run you $199, and full price is $299, the equivalent of about two and a half years' sub.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    felcrow68felcrow68 Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    That just isnt going to happen. £25 for 1 slot? I have 12 freeform toons at least. I subbed to this game for years, I spent a huge amount of money on Zen, and I now cant access any of it without spending another large amount of money? Talk about feeling ripped off. Uninstall methinks.
    Thanks for the response though
  • Options
    serendipitynowserendipitynow Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    you can unlock 3 chrs for ever with no additional charge for the same as subbing for 4 months, you can then unlock the others just from playing the game (buying q for g in game on ah, and/or earning q in game then converting to zen to buy more slots for more chrs if you want)

Also the slots often go on sale for 20% off that price - so 4800 zen for 3 chr unlocks.

It's actually better now than with a sub, for the price of subbing 4 months (or less) you basically get to play for ever with no more charge this way.

Every other benefit of subscription you get with a premium pack which is free for former subscribers