test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question about Bite's HoT

sinistro1978sinistro1978 Posts: 280 Arc User
edited December 2018 in Power Discussion
I haven't played for nearly a year. I logged on recently and noticed Consumption is always healing me for 1 bleed's worth, even when I use Bite on a target with 5 bleeds. When did this change, or is this a bug?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    I think that's a bug, as the tooltip states that it scales w/ bleed stacks.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • criswolf09criswolf09 Posts: 748 Arc User
    I think the Consumption Heal should be tagged as a Life Drain effect.
    Useful Guides about Archetypes and General Gameplay of the Game Click Here
  • sinistro1978sinistro1978 Posts: 280 Arc User
    > @flowcyto said:
    > I think that's a bug, as the tooltip states that it scales w/ bleed stacks.

I figured so. It defeats the purpose of stacking bleeds with it. Before I was getting 1000+ on 5 stack. Now it's only 200ish, or the equivalent of 1 bleed.

Hope they fix it soon. I'll report it. Thanks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Hope they fix it soon. I'll report it. Thanks.

Don't worry it's been reported. Lezard spent quite a while going super nuts about it.​​
    > @spinnytop said:
    > sinistro1978 wrote: »
    >
    > Hope they fix it soon. I'll report it. Thanks.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Don't worry it's been reported. Lezard spent quite a while going super nuts about it.​​

Since you guys have been kind enough to answer some questions, I noticed my Defense and Offense values are a bit lower since coming back. Was anything nerfed?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    Since you guys have been kind enough to answer some questions, I noticed my Defense and Offense values are a bit lower since coming back. Was anything nerfed?

The Warden/Guardian + Vindicator Offense-Defense loops was fixed recently​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    > @avianos said:
    >
    > Since you guys have been kind enough to answer some questions, I noticed my Defense and Offense values are a bit lower since coming back. Was anything nerfed?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The Warden/Guardian + Vindicator Offense-Defense loops was fixed recently​​

I'll have to do some testing then. Does this make that combination less of a boost compared to not having it? That's not necessarily a bad thing, as Warden/Guardian + Vindicator was way too rewarding.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    > @spinnytop said:
    >
    > Hope they fix it soon. I'll report it. Thanks.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Don't worry it's been reported. Lezard spent quite a while going super nuts about it.​​

I don't blame him. I like using Bite's HoT for those moments that I need to focus more on defense. It makes my character's rotation more strategic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    I'll have to do some testing then. Does this make that combination less of a boost compared to not having it? That's not necessarily a bad thing, as Warden/Guardian + Vindicator was way too rewarding.

Guardicator and Wardicator are now middle-of-the-road combos. There are better combos for damage output, there are better combos for tankiness, and Guard/Wardicator now sit neatly inbetween all of them. So, in some ways less, in some ways more. If what you're looking for is a good mix of damage and tankiness they will fill that role nicely.​​