test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[POWERS] New Circle Skins

lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
Take a gander at this

Yec8ijw.jpg

Can we get alternate skin for this circles, or if that's too complicated new powers that work exactly like the Sorcery circles but have different skin and belong to different trees?

For example
-a Bestial reskin of Circle of Primal Dominion that is a circle of bones
-a Gadgeteer reskin of Circle of Arcane Power that is an energy pad
-a Fire reskin of Circle of Ebon Wrath that is a lava patch​​

Comments

• chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Tattoos of Primal Dominion owo
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Or just remove the threat effect. Problem solved, simplest way. We all know the only reason you people are turning your big tuff tanks into glittery magical girls with this circle is cause you're hoping to steal aggro from other tanks anyways.

Also make the circle require synergy with sorcery, like cut its effects in half, then double them if the user has an Enchantment on themselves. Now fluffy wolf mens no longer want it, but cool wizards will make great use of it \o/

Now I know what you're thinking, but think of it this way. Now that your tank no longer has a reason to take the circle, I just freed up a power slot for you to take something on-theme! ^_______^​​
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    snip

Delete this​​
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    No going to happen. Devs like shaming techno PA 3 toggle users by making them stand in magic circles.

Only likely cosmetic change to circles will be to make them look like a smiling cat face.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    edited December 2018
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    No going to happen. Devs like shaming techno PA 3 toggle users by making them stand in magic circles.

But the picture in the OP is of a Chimera. One standing on its hind legs no less. Seems magical enough to me. Now that I think about it that picture really muddies the point lezard is trying to make. Now, if they had my PA character standing in energy circle then maybe it would make the point... but of course she doesn't need energy circles, so she doesn't have to deal with looking silly ^_^​​
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    >Using Circle of Arcane Power in a Power Armour build
    d0c.jpg

I may add that there are available TECH Circles/Runes ingame used by Cybermind and his Minions
    There are plenty of Runes ingame used by NPCs as well​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • beerbanebeerbane Posts: 197 Arc User
    Power balance/use issues notwithstanding, I think any customization added is a great thing. I'd love to see magic circles/powers get more tech/mundane appearance variants as listed above, but I'll like the tech powers to receive the same treatment (Support Drones being cherubs or fairies, Munitions Bots being a golem or fire throwing demon, Attack Toys being a swarm of small demons or small mechanical spiders, etc).
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    lezard21 wrote: »
    snip

Delete this​​
    In fairness, stand-in-the-circle gameplay is kind of crappy, so would removing them really be all that bad? After deleting them, add a bit of extra threat and knock resistance to the tank role (which make sense for it anyway) and now you're unchained from your circular prison.

Hey look, I'm actually kind of agreeing with Spinnytop on a controversial/unpopular thing. :o
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Aesica, I think someone has hacked into your account and is posting strange comments ;)
    aesica wrote: »

Hey look, I'm actually kind of agreeing with Spinnytop on a controversial/unpopular thing. :o

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    edited December 2018
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Aesica, I think someone has hacked into your account and is posting strange comments ;)

It is strange that a small number of people are so amazed when they agree with good ideas that they actually need to point it out o3o it's like instagrammers taking pictures of their food​​
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    It is strange that a small number of people are so amazed when they agree with good ideas that they actually need to point it out o3o it's like instagrammers taking pictures of their food​​
    Usually your ideas are pretty bad, so that's why it's rare.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).