test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

'Bunny sleepers'

Why the devs wasting their time making that junk. This game is getting more like a dress up slumber party to me. When will I ever need bunny slippers?!
nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix

Comments

• guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Well as nice as it might be to get every single new costume piece be something useful for my characters you have to accept the fact that there are other people in the game that have very different different character designs and the devs have to appeal to a wide group. There might be a costume part added to today that'll appeal to you, maybe next week, sometimes there's nothing useful added for the entire event. It's how the game works. I happen to like the bunny slippers. I have no use for the robot heads as I don't make robotic characters and have little desire to. Sometimes you get something you like sometimes you don't. The thing to remember is that there are other players in the game. Players with really weird aesthetics. Like really weird. Sometimes you get something you like, sometimes they get something they like.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    The bunny slippers are a perfect fit for Captain Americlown. The fact that I don't have to dump out any cash (or any of my Zen stipend) to get them is just a bonus.

Not everything is for you. Learn to move past that, and appreciate the ones that are.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    Golly Gee how dare they add Whimsical costume pieces during Holiday Seasons
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    Basically a fan service
  • sgtken60sgtken60 Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    jonsills wrote: »
    The bunny slippers are a perfect fit for Captain Americlown. The fact that I don't have to dump out any cash (or any of my Zen stipend) to get them is just a bonus.

Not everything is for you. Learn to move past that, and appreciate the ones that are.

Yeah, I would have to agree with you. Do I want Bunny slippers? No not really; BUT I am happy when I can get free stuff or earned items, so I hope CO keep it up.
    edited December 2018
    rave#2552 wrote: »
    Basically a fan service

It's all fan service. At this point the entire game is fan service.​​
  • lan#8253 lan Posts: 34 Arc User
    No bunnies were killed in the making of this holiday event.

Sadly.
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    33d.jpg
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
    edited December 2018
    Any serious players abandoned this game years ago anyways. That's why they are stuck on nothing more than dress up.
    Any serious players abandoned this game years ago anyways. That's why they are stuck on dress up.

Well for me, this game (and the others I have played) is a release, something to have fun with, not something to get serious about. I have to be serious all day at work, BUT if that is how you want to play (as serious player) the game - Fine, Great.

But at the same time if a bunch of players (or a few) are happy about Bunny Slippers, I fine with that too. I learned a long time ago with these online games, everyone plays them they way they want too.

Great thing about freedom of choice :)

• omnilord#8416 omnilord Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Oh this stuff again. Well, I'm going to go back to LEVELING a new toon I made YESTERDAY by completing MISSIONS.

So much for people here just for the dress up. lol

P.S. I'm also a self-proclaimed Costume Whore. Which means I get costume pieces even if there's a 99% chance I will never use them.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    Imagine being this mad about something you say you don't care about

69532757.jpg​​
  • sistersiliconsistersilicon Posts: 1,687 Arc User
    Is it the fact that Hulk’s bunny slippers are pink? Is that what’s throwing you off? Maybe these white bunny slippers Big Barda models here are more your style.

barda-bunny-slippers.jpg
    Choose your enemies carefully, because they will define you / Make them interesting, because in some ways they will mind you
    They're not there in the beginning, but when your story ends / Gonna last with you longer than your friends
  • pwestolemynamepwestolemyname Posts: 978 Arc User
    Why the devs wasting their time making that junk. This game is getting more like a dress up slumber party to me. When will I ever need bunny slippers?!
    So, a guy named "rave" is complaining about funny costumes? Anybody ever actually BEEN to a rave?
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Cause bunny slippers are awesome and cool.​​
    Literally this. @rave just because you don't think something is cool does not mean it is not cool. In fact, I would posit the opposite is true.
    Any serious players abandoned this game years ago anyways. That's why they are stuck on nothing more than dress up.
    Does anyone else realize how much of an oxymoron "serious player" is? "Serious" "Player" I mean, how do we even know you are a "serious player" @rave? What criteria do you use for "serious player"? I'm in most of the "serious player" chat channels and haven't seen you there, sooo... what are we talking here?
    lezard21 wrote: »
    69532757.jpg​​
    I'M SCREAMING
    - - - - -
    SIGNATURE:
    Used to be coach on the forums. Still @coach in game.
    edited December 2018
    Ah memes. Please hold the memes.
    Rave is short for Blashyrkh mighty 'Rave'ndark and the anime Rave Master, also i started using my alt account> this is not important.
    This is one of the main reasons this game struggles and so little play it because players like you rather have pair of bunny slippers instead of actual content. Again CO just caters for petty little girls who dress up in bunny slippers and role play. ROFL. end chat.
    Post edited by metalheart#4270 on
    Rave is short for Blashyrkh mighty 'Rave'ndark...
    Oh. My. Heavens.

:lol:

Is that what you consider "serious"? Grimdark edgelord nonsense? Lighten up, buttercup, you'll have more fun that way.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Rave is short for Blashyrkh mighty 'Rave'ndark..
    Again CO just caters for petty little girls who dress up in bunny slippers and role play. ROFL. end chat.
    ca8.jpg​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • bringmeaslabbringmeaslab Posts: 187 Arc User
    Ah memes. Please hold the memes.

why-so-serious.jpg

edited March 2019
    Comment removed by moderation​​
    Post edited by ph0toncann0n on
    edited December 2018
    i also said its not about gender politics its about content!. its a game not a dating site. omg
    edited December 2018
    How much time and resources do you think the frigging slippers took away from content development?

"Oh sorry guys, it was either fixing Eido or Bunny Slippers, not enough money or time for both. RIP"

You are starting to sound like the kind of guy that sent Sakurai death threats when they added Piranha Plant instead of Shadow into SMBU.​​
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Your obsession of the Bunny Slippers is kind of....silly.
    Did you also make threads about them in other medias?
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Posts: 297 Arc User
    Let people have fun, you sound almost like.. Myself, when i am ranting about Fallout 76.
  • shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    I cannot read this thread without dying of laughter. This dude is too edgy (sorry to say) but it's true.
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
    edited December 2018
    The same set of flowers gonna just keep commenting or what? Don't matter how many times I roast you, you will keep coming back with these weak troll attempt. I'm gonna be the grown up here and bring this chat to a close.
    rave please, you're going to make shadowolf505 pass out from laughing if you keep this up.​​
    edited December 2018
    @spinnytop Nah. Am already tired of this. How does he die and still type? Or did he type first and die after? Or did his ghost comment? Its was only natural for a goth dude like me to respond negatively to happy things. I understand other players want different things which I probs should of admit earlier. I am only mad at the exchange rate on the price of everything.
    "Goth."

Oh, thank you, Blashdrip Mighty Ravendork. That's just exactly the cherry on top of this hipster nonsense sundae.

Unless you and your friends are sacking Rome next weekend, trying to justify yourself by claiming to be "Goth" is just... it's... words fail me. :lol:

edited December 2018
    @jonsills I'm trying to be... nice *Shriver's violently. I'm not full goth but more of a full time metalhead. Goth is just an expression Normies understand better. I'm not about that emo life style. I punch old ladies in the face goddarnit.
    I'm not about that emo life style. I punch old ladies in the face goddarnit.
    Sounds pretty emo to me. "Rawr, look at me, I'm so tough and mean! Rawr!"

And don't be coming at an old-school geek like me with that "normies" silliness. I'm not even neurotypical - the closest I can claim to "normal" is being cishet. All y'all calling people "normies" look the same as the "normies" from here.

:lol:

"dying of laughter" is a saying. The person isn't actually making a statement about their impending mortality.​​
    I punch old ladies in the face goddarnit.

SO not a Goth or Emo, but a Metalhead and a coward (since you punch ladies).

Well at least this has been a interesting thread so far.

Ya know
    I'm just wondering at which point you're gonna do the old "I was just trolling the whole time, ha ha!" thing.​​
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    @jonsills I'm trying to be... nice *Shriver's violently. I'm not full goth but more of a full time metalhead. Goth is just an expression Normies understand better. I'm not about that emo life style. I punch old ladies in the face goddarnit.

Don't you go mixing up full time metalhead to goth...sheesh... Like WTF!!!. In the name of Ronnie James Dio....Kids today..
    Sorry i'll go put my eyeshadow on and put on some Pantera.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    What do you guys think of a Bunny Breaker power set? To go with them threads.
    edited December 2018
    @spinnytop I said 'ill braid defenders beard' obviously a joke. Lmfao. But not trolling. I don't even know what 'trolling' means. Calm down I'm not taking any of this to heart.
    Calm down I'm not taking any of this to heart.

Close enough!​​
    All these paragraphs lol.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    @spinnytop I said 'ill braid defenders beard' obviously a joke. Lmfao. But not trolling. I don't even know what 'trolling' means. Calm down I'm not taking any of this to heart.
    Oh good, so you'll be fine with it when I throw you into Andrithal. :D
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    edited December 2018
    Lmfao. They might look good on Fembot. I'm so getting them now. X'P
    Kinda late for a reply but the chat was getting really nasty because I insulted your precious bunny slippers. The funny thing is y'all right about the devs. Releasing for everyone true. But I still stand behind my opinion. And bet I could design better costume pieces. Rob Halford is literally my most favorite singer so know yourselves. Y'all just come off as BOTDF type of guys that's the difference. But I just want to be immortalized through meme. Keep up the good forum work though.
  • ceroyceroy Posts: 21 Arc User
    I get what you're saying rave: I would prefer content over costume pieces. There is only so much fun you can have doing the same content over and over. The bunny slippers aren't the problem, it just a symptom of the problem: the focus is just not on making CO content. But as was said, the whole game is fan-service now and the devs aren't seriously trying to do more than is needed to keep the game running. Me personally, I'd like to see a Champions Online 2 using a better engine. But there is nothing gained complaining about the game now. Again, nothing wrong with the bunny slippers - it's just that there is so much that needs to be worked on that it just seems silly to focus on costumes. But remember, the ones who stayed with CO want the costumes so they focus on that player base.
    Well thank you for coming in and explaining what I been poorly trying to say. I don't mind the costumes really. But at that point of time it just felt like all these things are just been thrown in front us to distract us from what really needs fixing or being added. I'm not expecting to change much with my comment but I just wanted to say m not fully satisfied. But come to think of it now its not that big of a deal. We will just have to wait to see how much improves.

P.s I'd like to close this thread but don't know how.
This discussion has been closed.