test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Santa Claus/Father Christmas

So now that we're in the winter event, I have to ask … does the PNP cover Santa?

Thanks to Bulgarex in advance as he'll be most likely the guy in the know. :)

Or Krampus?

Comments

• Options
    bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    Well, since I happened to stop by... ;)

The game books don't specifically address Santa Claus's place in the Champions Universe. However, the Imaginal Realms are astral dimensions which are home to all the entities formed out of human imagination and massed belief, and no current folkloric figure has received more belief over longer time than Kris Kringle. I feel very confident that his workshop exists in an extra-dimensional version of the North Pole, most likely in the dimension of Faerie. Krampus might or might not exist depending on how widely known he is, or was in the past; but if it would make for a good story, there's no reason he couldn't.

As a point of trivia, UNTIL: Defenders Of Freedom includes the only official CU reference to "Santa Claus": that's the common intra-agency nickname for UNTIL's Quartermaster Corps, which transports and distributes the agency's equipment. As a consequence the offices and extensive warehouses of the QC headquarters in Paterson, New Jersey are frequently referred to as "the North Pole." (U:DOF p. 42)
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    For a previous edition of Champions, an adventure featuring the actual Santa Claus was published in an issue of Adventurers Club, Hero Games' periodical dealing with all aspects of Hero System gaming. The plot of "The Fright Before Christmas" involved Santa accidentally coming into possession of an enchanted artifact called the Skull Pendant, which causes its holder to become obsessed with destroying what he/she sees as evil. Since Santa literally knows who and where every child on Earth is who's been "naughty," he was overwhelmed with the desire to see them punished. The mad Santa forced his elves to build him full-scale working versions of such classic toy weapons as rocket launchers and laser guns, to deal with anyone who might try to interfere with his punishment.
  • Options
    omnilord#8416 omnilord Posts: 348 Arc User
    futurama-robot-santa.jpg

"I'm gonna shove coal -so- far up your stocking, you'll be coughing up diamonds! HO! HO! HO!" *fires missiles*
  • Options
    Bumped for seasonal pertinence. =)