test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Vibora Post Therakiel

So …

Kind of the reason I made my post about Alerts being canon is that I was pondering what's going on Vibora Bay once we defeat Therakiel.

Therakiel looked to be pretty well taken care of by the Powers Above and Below. We don't see Vladic in any Alerts, so my assumption is that he meets his end (well as much as you can expect for a "Dracul") in Therakiel's Temple as well. Based on Alerts it appears (at least to me) that:

My guess is that Bludhound is now in charge of the New Shadows.

Baron Cimetiere still holds the reins of power for the Sovereign Sons.

Black Fang and Guy Sweetland have split control of the Dogz. Each of them have resorted to using Juryrig's Time Machine in an attempt to get the upper hand.

Likewise, Mr. Gemini has either served his time or escaped and now wants to become a power in Vibora Bay again.

Valerian Scarlet has the Trey Kings in her control. She says something about using Juryrig's Time Machine to visit the dawn of Time … that makes me wonder if maybe she's trying to find a way to bring Therakiel back.

In Vibora Bay itself, the Nephilim still exist, but they aren't as numerous as the other gangs. Either Therakiel's disappearance means that the Trey Kings can no longer become Nephilim or maybe Valerian wants to prevent their numbers from growing too much to avoid facing any potential usurpers.

Dr. KA and Caliburn astrally project themselves to discuss the Nightmare Invasion with Witchcraft and Dweomer. They seem to still be worrying about the Apocalypse so the Nightmare Invasion either (a) Occurs while events are still leading up to the Therakiel's Temple fight or (b) They are trying to prevent Valerian or the Baron from following in Therakiels' footsteps.

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    Hard to be sure. Therakiel may be gone, but he set events in motion that have not been stopped yet.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • roughbearmattachroughbearmattach Posts: 4,784 Arc User
    Members of the Trey Kings can become Nephilim still. There is a mission about it in post-Therakiel Vibora, where the hero is trying to prevent this, and hunt down new nephilim.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    What you said basically sums it up. Therakial is gone, the gangs continue to be a problem but not in any major way, and no further major events happen in vibora bay.​​
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    And we still can't visit VB in the daylight :)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    Is there a post Therakiel VB?
    And though Therakiel is gone, his influence lingers still, since the gangs are in their "transformed" state, post-apocalypse.

Whoever you are, be that person one hundred percent. Don't compromise on your identity.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    Also note that it's said that Therakiel is apparently powerful enough to exist outside of the time stream and may be manipulating events to facilitate his return.

At least that bit is implied by Caliburn in TT.
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    Therakiel's influence is almost certainly not gone -- over the ages he wove magic into the very fabric of Vibora Bay, to attract the hosts of Heaven and Hell for their final battle.

Robert Caliburn is now the Archmage, Earth's premier mystic defender. The San Sebastien Swamp outside VB is presumably still sentient. There are power players in VB who haven't made their debuts in CO yet: the supervillain team, the Cirque Sinister; the heroic duo, Sister Rain and Brother Thunder; the vampire Stalker; the local Morbanes. George Whitman and the woman called Salt; the VIPER Nest Leader, Monique Fontaine; the epic reality-warping Janus Key.
  • kaosarcannakaosarcanna Posts: 124 Arc User
    Members of the Trey Kings can become Nephilim still. There is a mission about it in post-Therakiel Vibora, where the hero is trying to prevent this, and hunt down new nephilim.

Does that mission trigger post-Therakiel? I was under the impression it was an under level 40 mission but it's been a while since I did it.
  • kaosarcannakaosarcanna Posts: 124 Arc User
    bulgarex wrote: »
    Therakiel's influence is almost certainly not gone -- over the ages he wove magic into the very fabric of Vibora Bay, to attract the hosts of Heaven and Hell for their final battle.

Robert Caliburn is now the Archmage, Earth's premier mystic defender. The San Sebastien Swamp outside VB is presumably still sentient. There are power players in VB who haven't made their debuts in CO yet: the supervillain team, the Cirque Sinister; the heroic duo, Sister Rain and Brother Thunder; the vampire Stalker; the local Morbanes. George Whitman and the woman called Salt; the VIPER Nest Leader, Monique Fontaine; the epic reality-warping Janus Key.

Okay, I want at least an instanced mission where we fight in a sentient swamp.

• bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Okay, I want at least an instanced mission where we fight in a sentient swamp.

About four miles wide and ten miles long, the San Sebastien Swamp is a protected wilderness area just to the north of Vibora Bay, too marshy and soft for agriculture or construction. A small number of reclusive humans dwell within it, known in VB as "swamp folk." A handful of local mystics, conservationists, and others who deal with paranormal phenomena, are aware that every non-human living creature in the Swamp is linked in a collective consciousness. The Swamp can focus its consciousness in one small area, able take full control of any animals there, animate plants to move and attack, or create quicksand bogs to trap intruders. The San Sebastien's collective mind is intelligent and can talk to people through animals with a vocal apparatus. It sees itself as guardian of its own territory, and to a lesser extent the nearby Vibora Bay.

If the Swamp feels a need to act outside its confines, it can create a physically powerful, vaguely ape-like avatar made out of plant matter, some mud and rocks, and sometimes even a few small animals, known to crypto-zoologists as the Skunk Ape (due to the overwhelming stench it can generate as a defense mechanism). Another unusual inhabitant of the San Sebastien Swamp is "Al" the Alligator Man, a formerly human victim of an ARGENT forced-mutation experiment, who escaped from ARGENT and found refuge in the Swamp. Al's semi-reptilian form is superhumanly strong and tough, but the experiment left him with the mind of a child.

In its last known appearance the Janus Key came into the possession of the Cirque Sinister, who used it to transform all of Vibora Bay into a surreal nightmare version of itself. In the ensuing conflict between heroes and villains the Janus Key was lost somewhere in the San Sebastien Swamp. Several parties have searched for it in the intervening years, so far without success.

(Preceding summarized from the Vibora Bay source book.)

Does that mission trigger post-Therakiel? I was under the impression it was an under level 40 mission but it's been a while since I did it.

It is an open world mission. On the western(?) map edge of VB. Takes place in a construction site, along with a couple of other missions, making a mini story arc.