test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20181127.2 - Winter Event

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
Winter Event
  • A lot of under the hood changes have been made to the winter event. Please keep an eye out if anything looks off!
  • Present locations have been re-randomized to address some that were floating in Millennium City.
  • Increased the radius of the snow fx.
  • The Winter event will be divided up into more parts this year. Specifically Finkle Foundry is now independent of Clarence and will run a week on its own.
  • Winter currency can now drop directly off of opening present boxes found around the world.
  • Holiday Stockings can no longer drop winter currency.
  • Winter perks have been added to their own section.
  • Added perks for donating to charity.
  • Star stores have been removed from generic vendors for the winter event. Stars can be bought from Charity vendors.
  • Many of last years blue quality costumes have been changed to yellow and added to the Yellow Holiday Cracker drops.
  • Updated the Winter Present device to be able to give Holiday Stockings and Yellow Holiday Crackers as rewards.
  • Known issues: The Making Naughty Nice mission is listed twice. Presents are only giving 1 Winter charm, it should be 2-3.
​​

Comments

• ph0toncann0nph0toncann0n Posts: 113 Community Moderator
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Winter Event

Trick-or-Treat bags dropped currency, and Bloodmoon was revamped this year. Why give the Stockings this sort of treatment?​​
    || Champion since Sept. of 2012 ||
    uD82dqy.png
    Endgame PvE - DPS Addict - Mature Roleplayer - Spectre - Storywriter - Perk Hunter - Altoholic - D.I.S.C.O.R.D.
    Engel auf der Hölle | Death Excell | Ebon Carcass | Orb Weaver Von Deo | Peridot
  • morigosamorigosa Posts: 709 Arc User
    Winter Event

Trick-or-Treat bags dropped currency, and Bloodmoon was revamped this year. Why give the Stockings this sort of treatment?​​

I'd guess this change is being made instead of making stockings BoP. Obnoxious either way, really. If the devs don't want people to get tokens on alts without running around on those alts, why can you still buy them for drifter salvage?
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    morigosa wrote: »
    why can you still buy them for drifter salvage?

Because I give them money, and they like that because it allows them to stay in business. "Paying for it" has always clearly been an acceptable way to acquire event currency. For years. You asked that as a joke, yeah?​​
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Specifically Finkle Foundry is now independent of Clarence and will run a week on its own.
    Yes, thank you!
    Holiday Stockings can no longer drop winter currency.
    This is disappointing and I'm still not entirely sure I understand the point of changes like this. It doesn't really matter whether or not event bags can be used as a way to give some extra currency to someone else (alt or other player) when you think about it. The most efficient way to get currency is nearly always going to be actually doing the dailies on those alts.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User
    I wouldn't mind the event currency changes you've been pushing through this year as much if event currencies were account based and not character based. That or have all event store devices/auras bind to account on pickup.

As the system is set up now, having some BoP devices/auras that would be perfect to theme a character around means you have to grind the event with that character before you can set up their theme properly. Which feels really wrong for a game that has such a large focus on character customization.
  • kaizerin wrote: »
    Winter Event

Likely cause people saw it coming and pre-adjusted.
    Really a shame CO slides to one of those MMO where the worst thing that can happen is a player gets a reward

Feedback: Separated / drag out style X-mas event: These haven't been enjoyable, especially the first "dud"/"warmup week. Not very friendly design when combined when people's holiday schedule. Start things off with more of a BANG!

Reality: Expects nothing to happen and this design to continue here
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    I ran around and poked many presents and nothing weird happened. Many exploded, as intended.​​
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
    edited December 2018
    Removed a bunch of posts, thread got off topic.
    Please keep feedback to what's on PTS and please keep it constructive.​​
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Nothing seems to be off atm. Except for Kiga not wearing his Krampus suit.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • meneshmenesh Posts: 54 Arc User
    Bug: The Icicle AT in the Event store costs Nighthawk Favour instead of Winter Charms.
This discussion has been closed.