test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Magnifier/Shrinker Combo (VISIBLE TO ALL)

Simple really. I'm suggesting a lone device that lets one grow to the height possible when players used to be able to when using a Magnifier and a Shrinker at once, AND for it to be visible to everyone, not just the player using it (client-side). It can still be disabled by combat for all I care too.

I have a toon that used to rely on this effect to be tall, but not the gigantic height that just using a Magnifier makes a character.

Comments

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    They removed this for reasons.......why would they add it back
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    what if they increased max height for everyone? so everyone could be just as tall as you want to be tall...is that an acceptable compromise?

• omnilord#8416 omnilord Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited December 2018
  • omnilord#8416 omnilord Posts: 348 Arc User

IDK, but if these new ones come out with varying heights, then I don't see why they can't release a device that's an in-between height, and visible to everyone that's still disabled by combat like the old ones.
    beezeeze wrote: »
    what if they increased max height for everyone? so everyone could be just as tall as you want to be tall...is that an acceptable compromise?

Well I guess that would be a close enough compromise too.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User

The reason why it was removed was because Magnifiers were setting your size to (for example, I don't know the real value) 200% of your current size, while Shrinkers set your size to 25% of your current size.

When you turned them both on, the result was pretty much the same as the Wardicator loop, ie. the game was constantly recalculating your size which was a huge resource hog. For example, if your size was 1, first loop would increase your size by 0.5, second loop by 0.25, third by 0.125,...etc.etc.

Adding a device that automatically sets your size to 1.75x would not have this problem.​​
  • subesan#3467 subesan Posts: 15 Arc User
    A Device with a Slider feature that can functions as an shrinker or mag would work too