>Move old Magnifiers to GCR store since it has't been updated in a long time
>Add Personal Magnifiers to Zen Store
>People get new stuff in which to spend their GCR and Zen
>People spending Zen makes CO Devs rich
​​

Comments

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    Not a massive fan of the first point.

"old" magnifiers are purely for Fun as they don't function in combat, so I'm not sure why they'd be moved to the endgame store after years of being in the Store.

I say put both in the Zen Store so people spend even more Zen. :open_mouth:
  • omnilord#8416 omnilord Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I don't really have the room to have the test server on my computer. Could someone explain how these new size changers are supposed to work? Is it one device that you can set to different sizes, or are there going to be different devices that go to certain size?
    I don't really have the room to have the test server on my computer. Could someone explain how these new size changers are supposed to work? Is it one device that you can set to a size, or are there going to be different devices that go to certain size?

Last I tested, different devices which set you to various sizes and remains that way during combat. However they are client side only so only YOU see how big you are.
    So outside of combat, no one would be able to see if your toon was supposed to be larger than what the tailor alone can make you?
    So outside of combat, no one would be able to see if your toon was supposed to be larger than what the tailor alone can make you?

Whilst the personal magnifier is on, you and you alone see your character as whatever size you've purchased. This is never translated to others around you unless you slot and use a Super Magnifier which would only work outside of combat.
    It really never mattered to me that the size changers didn't work while in combat. What I cared about was the Mag/Shrinker combo, even if combat still disabled them. But I'm not seeing a point to these new ones if I'm RPing and have to point out that my toon's ICly supposed to be tall but not as humungous as the old Magnifier.

Is there any talk of a device that would have the effect of the combo where everybody can see the effect, even if combat still turns it off?
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    The Personal Magnifiers were created mostly to address the fact that Mini Drive/Artificial Life Injector + Giant Growth no longer worked, which ruined the theme of some players while in combat.

For RP/Outside of combat, you still have the old Magnifiers.

For the old Magnifier/Shrinker combo, you could request an intermediate height magnifier to be created, but both stacking would not be possible since they run across the same problem as the Wardicator loop (ie. game is constantly recalculating your height).​​
    lezard21 wrote: »
    The Personal Magnifiers were created mostly to address the fact that Mini Drive/Artificial Life Injector + Giant Growth no longer worked, which ruined the theme of some players while in combat.

For RP/Outside of combat, you still have the old Magnifiers.

For the old Magnifier/Shrinker combo, you could request an intermediate height magnifier to be created, but both stacking would not be possible since they run across the same problem as the Wardicator loop (ie. game is constantly recalculating your height).​​

I would totally be cool with paying Zen for that if it let me have the effect.
  • lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User

I would totally be cool with paying Zen for that if it let me have the effect.

You should make a Suggestion/Request topic about it then. Making a device that works like Magnifier/Shrinker but gives an intermediate height would be relatively easy. The devs might not have done it cause they didn't know there was an interest in such a device.

Personal Magnifiers on the other hand will take a bit more work apparently since they work during combat and increase to insane heights, so they want to make sure they don't break and show up server side.​​