test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fallout 76 aka The facts why Fallout 76 is bad. Or why Bethesda is.

Comments

• jonesing4jonesing4 Posts: 766 Arc User
    I don't want to speak for beezeeze, but I think the problem isn't so much that you expressed a different opinion. It's more that you came into a thread about finding people to play Fallout with and started with the "bleh bleh i dun like dis i dun like dat" routine, generally being a little contrarian buttwipe. When everyone else is having fun and talking about something they enjoy (they are), and you're kvetching about how much that thing sucks (you are), nobody likes you (they don't). I can only assume that you also go to funerals and start roasting the guy in the casket... make sure those mourners aren't in an echo chamber, and always be prepared for a different opinion, right? It isn't always about agreeing or disagreeing. Sometimes it's just about not being a turd.

I know you know all of this, and I know that you also know you do the very same thing you're accusing other people of with... this game, actually. You have permanent residence in a CO-related echo chamber. Maybe, just this once, let other people enjoy something they enjoy in peace?

Enjoy F76, and enjoy CO. See y'all in another few months.
  • beezeezebeezeeze Posts: 927 Arc User
    By all means lets keep this discussion going than, but I feel like you'd have more to contribute to it if you actually played the game...and hey maybe you have by now, what do I know...and to be frank even if you haven't played it all of the complaints you're talking about are pretty well justified... it's just that y'know...some of us happen to still enjoy it anyways.

You're totally right though no one should be telling anybody to shut up if they don't agree with a particular opinion and I apologize if that was the impression I was making.

• jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,256 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Frankly, a lot of people complaining loudly about Fallout 76 come across as Stop Having Fun Guys. I prefer what filmmaker John Carpenter said on Twitter:
    FALLOUT 76 is a glitchathon of a game, stuttering and freezing, but still fun, addicting with its post nuke open world. A big game with hit & miss missions. Despite its flaws, I dig it.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Super mutants look like michael bay ninja turtles... my friend pointed this out to me and now I can't unsee them that way.... you're welcome.

• shadowfang240shadowfang240 Posts: 1,485 Arc User
    well, given F76 reuses existing FO4 assets...they looked that way in FO4 too - and i actually prefer that look, because they looked really bad in prior fallout games, as did ghouls​​
    yeah super mutants looked the same in FO4 for sure...ghouls in FO3 looked less damp tho..I prefer dryed out ghouls over wet ones.

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 15,873 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    jonesing4 wrote: »
    I don't want to speak for beezeeze, but I think the problem isn't so much that you expressed a different opinion. It's more that you came into a thread about finding people to play Fallout with and started with the "bleh bleh i dun like dis i dun like dat" routine, generally being a little contrarian buttwipe. When everyone else is having fun and talking about something they enjoy (they are), and you're kvetching about how much that thing sucks (you are), nobody likes you (they don't). I can only assume that you also go to funerals and start roasting the guy in the casket... make sure those mourners aren't in an echo chamber, and always be prepared for a different opinion, right? It isn't always about agreeing or disagreeing. Sometimes it's just about not being a turd.

I know you know all of this, and I know that you also know you do the very same thing you're accusing other people of with... this game, actually. You have permanent residence in a CO-related echo chamber. Maybe, just this once, let other people enjoy something they enjoy in peace?

Enjoy F76, and enjoy CO. See y'all in another few months.
    beezeeze wrote: »
    By all means lets keep this discussion going than, but I feel like you'd have more to contribute to it if you actually played the game...and hey maybe you have by now, what do I know...and to be frank even if you haven't played it all of the complaints you're talking about are pretty well justified... it's just that y'know...some of us happen to still enjoy it anyways.

You're totally right though no one should be telling anybody to shut up if they don't agree with a particular opinion and I apologize if that was the impression I was making.

Are you guys under the impression that I was trying to talk you out of playing the game or something? Why would I care if you do or don't. I'm making conversation about the thread topic. If that's not allowed and the only responses allowed are "I'll play with you" responses then I guess I'll leave you to it... even though your responses aren't even following that rule owo/​​
    I think you're trying to talk yourself out of playing it... and that is fine. I said as much before but then you where all like:
    spinnytop wrote: »
    Yeah, it sucks when people have different opinions and express them, it'd be better if people only ever communicated with each other when they were expressing agreement, but oh well, it's the world we live in, you'll figure out how to deal with it someday. The whole "shut up if you don't agree with me" thing you're doin... yeah doesn't work out well in the long run.​ Tends to ruin fanbases and produce useless echo chambers. u3u​​

and here we are again.

beezeeze wrote: »
    I think you're trying to talk yourself out of playing it...

Again, no. Making conversation about the thread topic, like I said. I've already solved the mystery for you, you can stop guessing at the answer if you like.​​
    ok than. my mistake.

You're simply here to do what you do.

• colonelwingcolonelwing Posts: 246 Arc User
  • jennymachxjennymachx Posts: 2,994 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Well there's a reason why they didn't want the game released on Steam that has an assured refund policy and open player reviews.

Even if it was on Steam I don't see myself playing what comes across as a less functional and more expensive version of Rust that's using Fallout 4 assets.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,745 Arc User
    I don't feel like watching that guy's boring video for 10 minutes while he eventually gets around to making a point. What, if anything, is actually happening?
    jennymachx wrote: »
    Well there's a reason why they didn't want the game released on Steam that has an assured refund policy and open player reviews.

Even if it was on Steam I don't see myself playing what comes across as a less functional and more expensive version of Rust that's using Fallout 4 assets.
    Honestly? I don't think the majority of players actually think it's bad. Most reviews I've seen were more noncommittal. Another thing I've noted is that reviews that claim it's terrible... just don't feel like the person making the review knew much of anything about the game. One example was a guy complaining about a quest being glitched, when the actual "issue" was that resolving the quest required him to talk to an NPC repeatedly to finish a conversation with the NPC. Is it weird? yes. But it's not a new thing. Bethesda's done that in ES and FO games many times before.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    No, there isn't. There's also no lawsuit coming regarding Star Trek: Discovery.

YouTube can be a good place to find how-to videos and "Let's Play"-style videos. As a news source, however, it tends to amplify the stupid.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

edited November 2018
    Honestly? I don't think the majority of players actually think it's bad. Most reviews I've seen were more noncommittal. Another thing I've noted is that reviews that claim it's terrible... just don't feel like the person making the review knew much of anything about the game. One example was a guy complaining about a quest being glitched, when the actual "issue" was that resolving the quest required him to talk to an NPC repeatedly to finish a conversation with the NPC. Is it weird? yes. But it's not a new thing. Bethesda's done that in ES and FO games many times before.

Even though reviewers have played the game extensively for hours on end, addressing various problems realistically with the game and deeming it not high up there in terms of it being a quality product, they wouldn't know much of anything about the game? Seems pretty far fetched to me.

Ignoring reviews for a moment, I've seen enough recorded and livestream footage and the impressions I get don't exactly inspire a lot of confidence. The "Bethesda's done that before in ES and FO games many times before" excuse is getting old at this point, especially when they're recycling the same game engine for the newest installment and carrying over the same bugs left over from its predecessor.

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,003 Arc User
    I'd be happy if i could buy bigger bags and larger container...
    :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Even though reviewers have played the game extensively for hours on end, addressing various problems realistically with the game and deeming it not high up there in terms of it being a quality product, they wouldn't know much of anything about the game? Seems pretty far fetched to me.
    given how often I see them fail to grasp the basic game mechanics?
    Ignoring reviews for a moment, I've seen enough recorded and livestream footage and the impressions I get don't exactly inspire a lot of confidence. The "Bethesda's done that before in ES and FO games many times before" excuse is getting old at this point, especially when they're recycling the same game engine for the newest installment and carrying over the same bugs left over from its predecessor.
    This incident wasn't a bug. He just wasn't reading the dialog and didn't notice that each time he interacted was a different line of dialog. Then freaked out thinking the quest was broken because he wasn't paying attention to what he was doing.

I mean, yes there ARE bugs, but Bethesda has actually been fixing the real bugs. For example, There was a bug with blueprints getting confused about whether there was room for placement. This seemed to be due to a glitch in how the game detected whether the foundation platform was in a legal location. Oh and last I heard that bug got fixed.

But that's different than saying the game sucks because you want to build a massive fortress as your base and can't. Yeah, bases in FO76 are intentionally smaller than the settlements in FO4. But settlements were meant as small towns(and you found human NPCs to live in them), and bases are just your personal living area.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    I'd be happy if i could buy bigger bags and larger container...
    :#
    Reportedly, Bethesda plans an incremental increase in the Stash Box on the Dec 4 update, to 600 lbs. There are plans to increase it further, but the game has to keep track of all items in the world including everyone's stash, so they want to make sure this doesn't destabilize the game.

• shadowfang240shadowfang240 Posts: 1,485 Arc User
    well, maybe they should try using an engine that can handle tracking data from more than a few thousand items before s.hitting itself then​​
    Oh, yeah, they can just pick up one of those at the video-game-engine store, right?

edited November 2018
    This game shows that Bethesda knows their players. That's why there's no NPCs, no story, and it's just about the basic gameplay cycle of exploring, shooting, and looting. This game was made for people who never completed the main story in a ES/FO game, who just picked a direction and started going, grabbing or shooting whatever they found, and only stopping at a town to use a crafting bench or to buy/sell with merchants. Basically this game was made for me \owo/ this proves that me and people like myself represent the majority of the current Fallout fanbase.

Also, this game proves wrong anyone that ever implied Bethesda is "too lazy" or whatever to fix their own bugs, since this time around they've made it so the players can't fix the bugs for them.​​
    Pretty sure there are fans like myself who enjoy an engaging immersive narrative when it comes to Fallout with a start and finish.

If it mainly focused on wandering, killing and looting instead I doubt the franchise would have kept my interest
    for long. There a reason why the first two games have such great replay value for me despite being over 20 years old. Hey Bethesda how about remastered versions of FO1 and 2 please.
    edited November 2018
    Pretty sure there are fans like myself who enjoy an engaging immersive narrative when it comes to Fallout with a start and finish.

Well nobody claimed that players like you don't exist. Just that Bethesda is clearly catering more to my type with their latest two Fallout titles, which means we must be considered the more important majority of their fanbase \o/​​
    edited November 2018
    > @spinnytop said:
    > jennymachx wrote: »
    >
    > Pretty sure there are fans like myself who enjoy an engaging immersive narrative when it comes to Fallout with a start and finish.
    >
    >
    > Well nobody claimed that players like you don't exist. Just that Bethesda is clearly catering more to my type with their latest two Fallout titles, which means we must be considered the more important majority of their fanbase \o/​​

I didn't say that claim was being made.
    edited November 2018
    Alright this game is still buggy as **** and I am lvl 36ish by now...just taking my time reading notes and listening to holo tapes left behind by dead people...there is a story there but it is a grim one. Rose was a breath of fresh air and the first honest to goodness npc I've encountered in the wasteland(and I thought there would be none). Bigger stash and other things coming with the dec 4th update and more coming along the way. I still dig it and I am pretty sure it will continue to hold my interest at least until I run out of quest driven stuff to do...

Iv09nd2.png

Post edited by beezeeze on

Well, there's Grahm and Cholly the Moo-Moo (one of my favorite random things in the game)... Or do itinerant traders not count as NPCs?

jonsills wrote: »
    Well, there's Grahm and Cholly the Moo-Moo (one of my favorite random things in the game)... Or do itinerant traders not count as NPCs?

I'd say that counts but I have yet to encounter them.

Gotta have traders. Trading with merchants is part of what players like me like to do \o/​​
    Yeah, they picked an interesting time to set the game and an equally interesting place. But the story threw people off since the story they chose assumes that almost everyone in the area died for one of several reasons.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters