test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Returning and completely lost

I have just returned to the game after a major absence of over 5 years. My character was at the starting point for the desert adventures, and I can go to my hideout, but I cannot leave the hideout for anywhere other than the desert. How do I go to Millennium City and, specifically, wherever it is I go to power up as everything seems to have been reset in my absence?
TIA

Comments

• magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    You are probably in the Desert Crisis instance. I think you may be able to return to Mil City via the Super jet in Project Greenskin but if not you may have to complete the Crisis arc before you are able to leave or visit the Powerhouse.
  • beerbanebeerbane Posts: 197 Arc User
    Per the above response, there are jets in the Desert and Canada that serve as your means to get back to MC. There are also teleport devices available in the game (not applicable here, but just FYI) that can take you to different locales. If you are stuck in an instance of the Desert then you'll need to do the associated quests to completion or get GM help.

Training still happens in the Power House (giant energy portal with the spinning gear around it), which you can find in the Ren Cen of MC. Hope that helps!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    You are probably in the Desert Crisis instance. I think you may be able to return to Mil City via the Super jet in Project Greenskin but if not you may have to complete the Crisis arc before you are able to leave or visit the Powerhouse.
    The crisis isn't actually a Jet it's a helicopter, but yeah.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • jarenkincaidjarenkincaid Posts: 37 Arc User
    beerbane wrote: »
    Per the above response, there are jets in the Desert and Canada that serve as your means to get back to MC. There are also teleport devices available in the game (not applicable here, but just FYI) that can take you to different locales. If you are stuck in an instance of the Desert then you'll need to do the associated quests to completion or get GM help.

Training still happens in the Power House (giant energy portal with the spinning gear around it), which you can find in the Ren Cen of MC. Hope that helps!
    The problem with completing a mission is that all my skills have been reset and I am basically powerless. Hence the search for a !quick jump" to the power mill.
    beerbane wrote: »

The problem with completing a mission is that all my skills have been reset and I am basically powerless. Hence the search for a !quick jump" to the power mill.
    You can just go to the Power House in the Desert. Just run south west to get to the base.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    Additional question: I have some "teleport to ren city" tokens, but they don't seem to work. Any idea why?
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    Were you able to get back to the Until base and take the helicopter (crisis mission) or jet (normal Desert zone) back to Ren center? On rare occasion, I've been in an instance where my Ren Center teleporter won't work.
    isn't that a device you have to equip before you can use them?
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • jonsillsjonsills Posts: 6,317 Arc User
    Additional question: I have some "teleport to ren city" tokens, but they don't seem to work. Any idea why?
    Once equipped, hold down on the button - they have to charge up.
    "Science teaches us to expect -- demand -- more than just eerie mysteries. What use is a puzzle that can't be solved? Patience is fine, but I'm not going to stop asking the universe to make sense!"

- David Brin, "Those Eyes"
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Thank you all.
    Next question: can someone explain, or direct me to an explanation of, the modding system?
    For background: The only other MMOs I play are STO and SWTOR. In SWTOR, slottable gear comes as either green (basic), blue (medium), and orange. Into orange gear you can slot mods to upgrade your powers. (Again, mods can be green, blue, or purple.) Reverse engineering a piece can yield a similar piece of greater power. In STO, you can take items and shovel upgrades at them. How does the system work in CO? The explanations from Max Planck in Ren Cen start with several assumptions. I actually hate those videos because I can't pause them and ask "But what does XXX mean?" Consequently, the video starts out as "you can upgrade (me: great!) by taking a mod (me: OK) and doing a flartybargle on it (me: wait! What's that?!)
    Video continues but is no longer speaking English. Just like in Avengers 1, when Iron Man asks Captain America for the state of the control panel, and Cap replies "It seems to run on electricity".
    All help gratefully received.
    Oh, and if anyone can tell me how to download and install the loader without going through Arc each time, that would be a bonus.
    TIA.
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Modding system is simple.

To upgrade mods, click the Fuse button on your inventory window. Shove 5 mods of the same type and rank into the MOD slot, and click Fuse! If successful, 5 mods are turned into 1 mod of higher rank - if failure, then you lose 1 mod of the ones you were trying to fuse. You can add Catalysts to increase the chances of a successful fusing, or prevent mod loss on failure.

When it comes to slotting mods into your gear, first you need a piece of gear that has mod slots. Ctrl-click on the piece of gear to open the slotting UI, then simply start shoving mods into slots. There are 3 kinds of slots:

- Enhancement slots only take Enhancement type mods, they're the ones that look like a NES cartridge with a wire coming out of it.
    - Armoring slots only take Armoring type mods, they're the ones that look like a robotic donut.
    - Core slots take core mods. There are three types of Core mods, offensive, defensive and utility - each type can only be slotted into the appropriate type of gear.​​
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    The Champions Wiki has some pages on Mods and Item Modification (http://www.championswiki.com/index.php?title=Mods).