test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CO is crashing

Okay, a few players suggested I go into my game files and delete the "pigg" or "hogg" or whatever and run CO again to let it fix the problem, but just now I was leaving Qwyjibo's zone and my game crashed yet again, the error window closed faster than I could read why so I didn't see the reason, but it appears deleting those files didn't work. I don't know what to do.

Comments

• Options
    Okay restarted CO and within five seconds it crashed again. Message window says:

Technical Details: Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue: Texture_Library/Costumes/Avatars/Cape/M_Cape_Tight_Arcane_01_Mm.Wtex:
  • Options
    Seven hours later, nobody has replied. This is why I make these posts in the patch notes section where people actually read the thread.
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Have you tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling the game?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Have you tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling the game?

No I haven't, I was hoping for a different solution for this problem before I had to resort to that.

But I got the same error message and crash this morning, so I might have to. What do I stand to lose if I uninstall?
  • Options
    Yep, every time I try to play CO it crashes and this same error message appears.
  • Options
    blazer2001blazer2001 Posts: 109 Arc User
    Have you tried checking your hard drive for errors? that could be a cause of these kind of messages.

Hope that helps you out.
    I'm the ruler of the fire power.
  • Options
    pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    It's one of your .hogg files. There isn't an easy way to tell which one, but you can delete all of them.

Deleting and reinstalling your game loses saved costumes (they're stored in your screenshots directory, for whatever reason).
  • Options
    It's one of your .hogg files. There isn't an easy way to tell which one, but you can delete all of them.

Deleting and reinstalling your game loses saved costumes (they're stored in your screenshots directory, for whatever reason).

I did delete those files, it didn't fix the problem.
  • Options
    Still crashing.
  • Options
    Still crashing to same message.
  • Options
    Still crashing. Anybody here?
  • Options
    Still crashing. Maybe somebody will actually read this thread sometime this month.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Reinstall CO. This appears to be a problem specific to your installation.​​
  • Options
    This problem didn't appear until last month.

Okay, how do I save my character costumes? I have to reinstall because nothing else i'm doing is working.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    This problem didn't appear until last month.

Okay, how do I save my character costumes? I have to reinstall because nothing else i'm doing is working.
    Your character's costumes in-game are saved automatically (you don't need to do anything for that), but if you used the save command in the editor to save it to a file, those are stored in your screenshots directory.
  • Options
    So if I reinstall the game, will my costumes be deleted or not?
  • Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    The ones they are wearing will not be deleted.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Options
    Yes but I have a few dozen concept costumes saved as well, for heroes I have not created.
  • Options
    Yes but I have a few dozen concept costumes saved as well, for heroes I have not created.
    You should be able to copy them out of your screenshots directory to another location and put them back when you reinstall, though I've never actually tested that situation.
  • Options
    jebidiahbeetus#4643 jebidiahbeetus Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    So I reinstalled CO, and for the longest time everything was okay. Q today; my toon is dancing with Sapphire, and the instant the song ended my game crashes and this message appears YET AGAIN. Then trying to open the launcher just now was enough to cause it to crash midway through verifying a second time. I try to open the launcher again, and halfway through verifying files, it crashes for the third time in 5 minutes.

Is it too much to ask to have somebody on the dev team figure out why this keeps happening and how to fix it?
  • Options
    This is ridiculous, I can't even launch the game now without it crashing. Guess i'm not playing CO today.
  • Options
    kleo#3069 kleo Posts: 6 Arc User
    goto setup in co launcher, set it to play in safe mode and force verify.

when u go inside game, goto option video advanced setting goto trouble shooting and mark the game to run via direct x 9 and not direct x 11a.

this way it will stop crash.

and also update all drivers in cpu. including graphic drivers.
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Okay restarted CO and within five seconds it crashed again. Message window says:

Technical Details: Error decompressing data. Verifying Files in the launcher may fix this issue: Texture_Library/Costumes/Avatars/Cape/M_Cape_Tight_Arcane_01_Mm.Wtex:

Well, you didn't verify the files. Didn't you?
    :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    New event, same old problem. Crashing when attempting to join Smash alert, crashing when I try to collect the reward after finishing Smash alert, crashing when I am verifying files, and crashing when i'm standing completely still in RC busy doing something while not sitting at the computer.
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Dude, after all this time I think you should consider that the problem originates from something other than CO.​​
  • Options
    flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Save your costume files to a different place. Delete game, re-instal. Copy the saved costumefiles to the reinstalled game.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    It’s the purge of the undesirables
  • Options
    Hey @bluhman could you lock this thread please? Nitwits are necroing old threads for no reason other than to start forum drama.
  • Options
    bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    I'm not a moderator anymore because I too am dramatic
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• Options
    themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    bluhman wrote: »
    I'm not a moderator anymore because I too am dramatic

lol

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
This discussion has been closed.