test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

User Interface Suggestion Thread

melphyx2melphyx2 Posts: 177 Arc User
edited February 2019 in Suggestions Box
All UI (User Interface) suggestions welcome.

• Buttoms.
• Windows.
• Dialog Box.
• Icons.
• Settings.

melphyx.deviantart.com | Youtube.com/c/Melphyx
Admin & Pro Editor @ Champions Online | Star Trek Online | Neverwinter | Astellia Online
Azaroth | Scion Of Set | Jane Drugov | The Yoke Of Babylon | Fate & Twilight Of The Gods
Post edited by melphyx2 on

Comments

• bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    I'll just toot my own horn here a bit

YvwyxG3.png

rZwoAGI.png

I will say that, of all the things you've mentioned Melphyx, restructuring the 'Defeated!' window to not have that useless spam button would be my top priority. And combining that with either a button feature that actually does help healers spot you would help a ton.

One last small thing: sort button for all bank windows.
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))

• aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    bluhman wrote: »
    I'll just toot my own horn here a bit
    You forgot the RRGGBB hex value box for the color picker.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    The 'call for help' button isn't useless (it's just that people don't always understand the conditions under which being ressed is likely), though it would be a lot more useful if it also put a marker above your corpse's head, and it could use a cooldown.
  • bluhmanbluhman Posts: 2,410 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    It could be a lot better is the thing, yes. A ton of the traits it has also don't help:
    • It sets your chat channel to 'Teamup' automatically when used. This wouldn't be a big deal if TeamUp didn't have a bunch of its own drawbacks, like:
      • If you're in a large event, there's no guarantee that the message will reach people who can help you if the people aren't teamed up. I vaguely remember Teamup chat channels also not reaching between the two different teams in situations like Rampages (10-person teams), which contribute to factors such as why we now use Zone to do things like DPS callouts or TOMB callouts.
      • The fact it switches your channel automatically also means you have to go through the hassle of either setting the channel back to what it was before, or memorizing how to type '/zone' or '/say' at the highest WPM possible. That or creating binds for callouts, which - yeah that's the standard, but still.
      • Teamup also doesn't generate speech bubbles. This objectively makes using Local more useful for shouting "I'm down! I need help!" Because that immediately indicates to people where you are. In fact it's almost as if fixing this issue is as trivial as just doing this instead and putting in an ICD on how many times you can press this button.
    • The call for help command is kind of a carry-over from NW from my understanding, which has a fundamentally different gameplay model where any team member can revive another team member if they are dying. This just isn't guaranteed in Champs; not everyone takes a revive skill, so should the call for help button be integral to the death UI then?
    • Slightly related to the above, someone being dead in CO also isn't an emergency that has to be abated at the soonest possible moment. NW does it because there's like a 15-second timer that starts when a character's knocked down. There's almost no middle ground when it comes to reviving - it's either "oh the revive can wait until the next DPS check, or they can run back, or they put a 60 second hold on the dogs" (that last one probably gets the closest to this iffy situation), or on the other end, "the tank died, chances of wiping have increased to 99% just by this one death alone because it still takes time to build aggro back up."
    How to block a user with μblock:
    forum.arcgames.com##.Comment:has(.CommentHeader:has-text(username))