test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20181106.3 - Nighthawk, Andrith Ruins

2»

Comments

• kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    edited November 2018
    Hey guys, gonna steer the Andrith changes away from massive overhauls. This pass is testing some tech, fixing up some bugs and making simple/quick changes to the lair. Extra bosses, major reward changes, etc is way out of scope for what we can do right now, please keep the Andrith discussion focused with what's on pts right now.​​
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Is changing the base scaling of damage out of scope? Just cutting off some HP scaling and adding damage scaling would make it feel more like 'challenge' than 'slog'.
  • gameongameon Posts: 55 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    -This is a 5 man lair, not intended for solo play.
    Are we still going to be able to get into the lair without the need of a 5 man team or waiting for hours in a dead queue after the newness of the change wears off?

Forced grouping only works in games with large populations... and even then sucks...

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    gameon wrote: »
    Are we still going to be able to get into the lair without the need of a 5 man team or waiting for hours in a dead queue after the newness of the change wears off?

They would have to do extra work to make it require queing like Nemcon, so it's likely it will stay like it is now and you will be able to enter through the front door.​​
  • gameongameon Posts: 55 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    They would have to do extra work to make it require queing like Nemcon, so it's likely it will stay like it is now and you will be able to enter through the front door.​​

TY, hopefully that is how it stays...
  • beerbanebeerbane Posts: 197 Arc User
    kaizerin wrote: »
    Hey guys, gonna steer the Andrith changes away from massive overhauls. This pass is testing some tech, fixing up some bugs and making simple/quick changes to the lair. Extra bosses, major reward changes, etc is way out of scope for what we can do right now, please keep the Andrith discussion focused with what's on pts right now.​​

Totally fair and good to know the scope of the review - I'm just excited that old content is getting spiffed up! I hope that coding weekly/monthly quests like Vigilance for Lairs is something that's possible in the future (or adding Lairs to UNTIL arcs, one off daily missions for a Lair each week, etc). Appreciate the continued work and communication!
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Notes from my adventure through Andrithal \o/ My general strategy was to do it the old way, run past as much as I could and fight as little as possible. Interesting results.

Entrance room: Nothing unusual, door opened as expected.

1st room: Most NPCs stayed aggro'd and I had to defeat the vast majority of that first section for the door to activate. Took some NPCs a bit to actually get to me since the vents kept popping them up and off the sides, and it seemed like some were despawning after getting popped up. Door didn't activate until I destroyed one of the green boxes next to it.

2nd room: Things aggro'd and chased me, but when I got to the door it was active! So I started opening it. It became inactive halfway through the progress bar, but progress kept going and I was able to open the door to this room without fighting anything - npcs never managed to catch up to me before door progress finished.

3rd room: Got to the door and most of the things chasing me de-aggro'd, had to fight maybe 1 group? I hit some of the mobs that were running away with venom breath though which might be relevant. They never came back but the door was confused. It kept flashing active then inactive in about 1 second increments. I was able to start opening it while it was active, and successfully opened it despite the flashing.

Hyrg room: Nothing unusual here. Was able to open the gate as soon as I had his key.

4th room. Again able to avoid most mobs. When I got to the door it was inactive, then I defeated the stuff that chased me there. This door became confused too. The intervals were different though. At first it was flashing active very briefly, so fast I couldn't even activate the prompt. Then it slowed to the same pattern as room 3, but I wasn't able to activate it still. So then I walked away from it a short distance and it stopped flashing entirely, remaining inactive. Then about 30 seconds later, while I was scooting around wondering if I should try to defeat more mobs, it became active and stayed active, so I opened it.

5th room. One NPC spawned inside a column. Had to clear out the entire room before the door would activate, then it activated normally.

6th room: Again the majority of stuff de-aggro'd by the time I got to the door, so I only had to fight like 1 or 2 groups. However the door did not activate when I defeated those groups. I blasted the Broodmother that was in that last hallway, accidentally hitting some eggs in the process. Upon defeating the broodmother and the tiny lemurians that spawned, the door opened ( didn't defeat all the eggs ).

Vikorin: Faceplanted when I failed to avoid one of his knockbacks in phase 2. Nothing unusual, fight looks cool as always.​​
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    Actually, I've wanted to have a missions rotation similar to the vigilance cycle for a while. That motivates people to do whatever is the current flavor of the week.
    I actually think a daily rotation, with no vigilance-style meta quest, is best. That way, people would be encouraged to run whatever the "daily boss" was for bonus goodies, but wouldn't feel like they got shafted for 2 full months if something came up that caused them to miss a particular week.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
This discussion has been closed.