test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Righteous Fists of Justice, or, Punching Things in The Face

magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
Hello Devs

I was randomly starting some new toons today when I came across the power Mighty Kick. What fun for a low level toon - kick your enemies around Millennium City until they learn some manners. Excellent!

It then occurred to me that I'd prefer it if my character could punch some sense into their Enemies. But at that Tier.... nothing.

There is Beatdown, a wild and crazy Combo power, 100 Hands for the Martial artist or the Speedster, Defensive Combo for the Tank, and later on all those slow-charge and rather excessive Roomsweepers and Haymakers which annoy people in Alerts. Other sets have lots of quick kicks and leg sweeps and speedy slashes and the like but no solid smack in the mouth. So could you do a quick C&P on the following?

Power Punch - Single target Crushing Damage. Basically Mighty Kick with a hand, not a foot. Quick charge causes damage and repels, full charge knocks back a short distance.

Stunning Shot - Single target Crushing Damage. Basically, Feint with a fist, not a claw. Stuns your target. Full charge may Stagger your target.

Thank you!

Comments

• Options
    Been saying this forever, want more punching powers. 100 Hands is the only punching maintain so far, and it's Martial Arts category not Might. I'd add in more Street Justice type of punches like:

Sweeping Hooks - Maintain cone AoE Crushing damage, the kind of animation just about any concept would use, similar to what you picture in a saloon brawl. I like Wield Earth's melee animation because it is a realistic visual for punching.

Now enjoy some Man Comics:

H3occmm.jpg
  • Options
    spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    I just feel the need to point out that you said there was nothing, then listed 3 things u3u
    It then occurred to me that I'd prefer it if my character could punch some sense into their Enemies. But at that Tier.... nothing.

There is Beatdown, a wild and crazy Combo power, 100 Hands for the Martial artist or the Speedster, Defensive Combo for the Tank
    ​​
  • Options
    magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    spinnytop wrote: »
    I just feel the need to point out that you said there was nothing, then listed 3 things u3u

There is Beatdown, a wild and crazy Combo power, 100 Hands for the Martial artist or the Speedster, Defensive Combo for the Tank
    ​​

Two Combo powers and a Maintain. The thing I liked about Mighty Kick was that it was a Tap/Charge power, the sort of thing you could use between blocking, like a boxer. The character is a Speedster so has 100 Hands, but I'd like a good solid punching power.
    Been saying this forever, want more punching powers. 100 Hands is the only punching maintain so far, and it's Martial Arts category not Might. I'd add in more Street Justice type of punches

That's the sort of thing. If they could add in a few good solid bellringing punch powers, add in an EU which works on Knocks, mix it up with a few urban warfare gadgets (a Pepper Spray to incapacitate, flashbang grenade to stun) then the Urban Defender AT would be an easy win. Not sure on passive... Unstoppable?

• Options
    shadowolf505shadowolf505 Posts: 697 Arc User
    The new Might ultimate is a maintain no?
    || Main Tank || DPSer || Healer || CCer || Altoholic || @shadowolf505 in game ||
  • Options
    The biggest omission from the Might tree are tap powers. They should be fast, heavy-hitting strikes with long cooldowns that you save until a higher tiered enemy comes into melee range. We need an equivalent to Knockout Blow and Crushing Uppercut in CO.
  • Options
    lezard21lezard21 Posts: 1,510 Arc User
    The biggest omission from the Might tree are tap powers. They should be fast, heavy-hitting strikes with long cooldowns that you save until a higher tiered enemy comes into melee range. We need an equivalent to Knockout Blow and Crushing Uppercut in CO.

I agree with this, but not just for Might but for multiple other trees. A Tier 3 tap power that either applies heavy damage but has a long cooldown, does recoil damage or puts a debuff on you. Heck, you could even make it be unnafected by Cooldown Reduction stuff.

Death or Glory attacks \o/​​