test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Necrullitic Petmaster Build

riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
edited September 2018 in Builds and Roles
I thought I'd share this build just in time for Halloween. I call it the Necrullitic Petmaster because it combines an ungodly amount of AoE healing with a small army of undead critters. The build is a lot of fun in my opinion, especially if you enjoy themed pet builds. It can be a bit clicky, but for me, that's part of the fun. Between pet powers, Reanimator, and Devices it's possible to have twelve undead minions out during battle. The constant and reliable healing keeps pets and allies going even during very tough encounters. See the build and notes below for details.

Necrullitic Hero Support
v3.11:30

Super Stats
Level 6: Constitution (Primary)
Level 10: Presence (Secondary)
Level 15: Dexterity (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: Divinity (Con: 12, Pre: 12)
Level 6: Shrug It Off (Con: 5, Pre: 5)
Level 9: Healthy Mind (Con: 5, Int: 5)
Level 12: Diplomatic (Int: 5, Pre: 5)
Level 15: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 18: Lasting Impression (Pre: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 21: Negotiator (Int: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
Level 1: Infernal Bolts
Level 1: Venomous Breath (Rank 2, Paralytic Bile, Locust Breath)
Level 6: Compassion
Level 8: Medical Nanites (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Life Essence (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 14: Void Horror (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 17: Will-o'-the-Wisp (Guide)
Level 20: March of the Dead (Rank 2, Forced March)
Level 23: Ebon Void (Voracious Darkness)
Level 26: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Gifts of the Storm)
Level 29: Resurrection Serum (Reanimator) or Summon Shadows (Devouring Darkness)
Level 32: Redemption (Salvation)
Level 35: Rebirth (Grave Consequences)
Level 38: Masterful Dodge or Mephitic
Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
Level 6: Athletics (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Teleportation

Specializations
Constitution: Unyielding (2/2)
Constitution: Tough (3/3)
Constitution: Resilient (2/2)
Constitution: Quick Healing (1/3)
Constitution: Armored (2/2)
Sentinel: Torment (2/2)
Sentinel: Caregiver (3/3)
Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
Sentinel: Wither (2/2)
Commander: Evasive Action (1/2)
Commander: Rapid Response (2/2)
Commander: Create An Opening (2/2)
Commander: Multitasker (3/3)
Commander: Durable (1/3)
Commander: Savage (1/3)
Mastery: Sentinel Mastery (1/1)

General Playstyle Notes:
Start things off by casting Will-o-the-Wisp to debuff your main target and poison nearby enemies. Your summoned critters will aggro and attack. Will-o-the-Wisp will also increase the damage done by Venomous Breath and the healing power of Life Essence.

For general PvE I mostly use V-Breath and apply Life Essence only as needed. Sentinel Mastery + Sentinel Aura + Medical Nanites + Gifts of the Storm = constant healing for pets and allies.

For Giant Monsters and OM battles spam Wisp and Life Essence. That plus Medical Nanites should make you an excellent healer. If you plan on doing end-game content frequently don't take the Grave Consequences adv for rebirth as the pets can problematic on those encounters.

Use Resurrection Serum w/Reanimator frequently on deceased enemies to create Ghouls. AT level 40 it should be possible to have up to three Ghouls out at a time. This combined with March of the Dead and Void Horror should give you a small army of undead minions.

Summon Shadows is a fine alternate substitution over Resurrection Serum. If you don't want to be bothered with creating minions from defeated enemies. Thanks to Beerbane for that suggestion!

Suggested Devices for this Build:
To add to the monstrous mayhem I have the following devices on my Necrullitic Build:
  • Ragged Proletariat's Armband (Summon)
    Summons the undead corpses of three drowned Russian Sailors to fight by your side.
  • Revenant of Firefight (Summon)
    Summons the undead hero Firefight to aid you in battle
  • Necrull's Skull (Passive)
    Triggers a chance to summon an undead minion each time you are struck by an attack.

Additional Note:
Mephitic is actually a nice energy unlock and is triggered by Will-O-The-Wisp. I dropped a Recovery Mod into my Utility Gear, and that synergized with Mephitic. The build also works fine w/o a energy unlock if you're in Support Mode.
Questions About AT Play? Visit Silverwolfx11's Updated AT Guides!
Post edited by riverocean on

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    As a pet build, its mostly fine for casual content, though I prob would take Pres PSS over Con PSS. The build also doesn't have an energy unlock, though perhaps you can still be fine w/o one (Supernatural Power seems like a good fit w/ Life Essence). Also keep in mind that summoning new instances of March of the Dead will override the old ones.

In content where pets are problematic, you can also just stow away the pets and not summon any temporary ones. You can still be useful in healing/support and debuffing a bit then anyways.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • riveroceanriverocean Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Thanks Flow, great comments as usual.

Yup, I just mostly use it as fun build for Alerts and soloing lairs. As far as March of the Dead goes, I just resummon after they fade. Rapid Response makes the pet summons cast quickly. The CON primary is a personal favorite of mine for healers. Healers get a ton of aggro, and the extra HP provides a good amount of tankiness.

I haven't really used the build much for role dependent content -- just the Mega Destroid event. But that's not a huge loss, as I have traditional healers for the tough stuff. Since I had the devices in storage and I really like Necromancers , I figured why the heck not just make one in CO! But this build works fine for the theme without the devices.

Oh and here's a screenshot of 6 pets out w/o devices.
    - March of the Dead (3 Pets)
    - Void Horror (1 Pet)
    - Resurrection Serum (2 Pets)

screenshot_2018_09_18_03_17_13.jpg
    Post edited by riverocean on
  • beerbanebeerbane Posts: 197 Arc User
    Found this build enjoyable - I ended up swapping out Resurrection Serum for Summon Shadows just because my theme was death and darkness. Where does Necrull's Skull come from?
    edited September 2018
    beerbane wrote: »
    Found this build enjoyable - I ended up swapping out Resurrection Serum for Summon Shadows just because my theme was death and darkness. Where does Necrull's Skull come from?

Glad you're having a good time!

Summon Shadows is a fine choice, I might put that as an alternate option in my build post! I just really like creating minions from the dead corpses of my enemies.

Necrull's skull comes the Silver Recognition vendor. But you do have to earn the Death's Door perk. Which is achieved by defeating Necrull in his lair.

Great - thank you for the info! I actually haven't run any Lairs so I need to go read up on those now. You mentioned this build can solo them and I noticed it is very beefy between the meat-shields and healing, so I'm looking forward to a new challenge!
    edited September 2018
    beerbane wrote: »
    Great - thank you for the info! I actually haven't run any Lairs so I need to go read up on those now. You mentioned this build can solo them and I noticed it is very beefy between the meat-shields and healing, so I'm looking forward to a new challenge!

Yeah just make sure you don't have the difficulty turned up! But this build can handle basic lairs. I used to play "City of Heroes" before it was closed down. And that games pet class (Mastermind) was basically a support-tank. Which is how I built this and why I chose the CON primary. Pet summoners as support tanks makes a lot of sense for regular PvE. And in instances where pets are a bother, you are still useful as a tanky healer.

That Necrull's Skull device is OK, but not something I'd go out of my way to get. Since I had the Silver, I just went for it. But it's kind of underwhelming. It summons a ghost and a zombie and the duration isn't very long.
  • necrull's skull isn't a passive, it's a clicky...and for how weak it is, it SHOULD be a passive​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
    necrull's skull isn't a passive, it's a clicky...and for how weak it is, it SHOULD be a passive​​

Correction noted.

In defense of calling it a passive, it does place an effect on you that sort of acts like a weak passive. But you're right it's more of a click buff.
    Just wanted to mention that with all the freebie ghouls and zombie device drops from Blood Moon, my toon with this build has even more quantities of expendable army now!