test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Disable Onslaught Villain transforms near open world events

tilartatilarta Posts: 291 Arc User
A player found a way to misuse the game mechanics involved in Onslaught Villain transform devices and used it to defeat several players who were not attacking this player.
They were doing this near the open world bosses and despite being told many times to go away, kept griefing the players who were just trying to play the event.
This went on for hours until the player being irksome had amassed 3000 villain tokens from their player farming.

And no, switching zones to avoid this activity did not work, since this player just used their extensive Questionite reserves to purchase another transform token in the new zone.

Therefore, to avoid this happening in the future, if an OV transformed player enters an area designated as open world event, their transform should be disabled instantly.

And if you know how this player did this, don't explain how, because if it was this annoying with just one person doing it, can you imagine if many players started doing it?

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(

Comments

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Posts: 4,915 Arc User
    No * 1^7664

Seriously, having an OV device deactivate any time you enter an open mission area would bottom suck. Besides, you can't collect open mission rewards as an OV. Trust me, I've tested that personally. :p
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Most event bosses have attacks that kill OVs in one or two hits (percent of hp attacks that you can only reduce by blocking, which OVs cannot do), but the Blood Moon bosses don't. I think Takophanes does, though, so it should be less of an issue next week.
    Most event bosses have attacks that kill OVs in one or two hits (percent of hp attacks that you can only reduce by blocking, which OVs cannot do), but the Blood Moon bosses don't. I think Takophanes does, though, so it should be less of an issue next week.
    One of the Doomlords has a giant bubble attack now. But if you're fast you can get out of range of those. Obv it helps if you're at the outer limit of range.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
  • tilartatilarta Posts: 291 Arc User
    It wasn't the open mission rewards this player was trying to collect, it was the villain tokens resulting from defeating players at the event minibosses.
    Basically, since no player could go anywhere near an event miniboss without the OV defeating them, this resulted in those players being unable to get their open mission rewards.
    As it was pointed out, they could fight the event miniboss or the OV, but they could not fight both at the same time.

Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Hmm, farming/grinding event bags on a single character is more event damaging than this kind of behavior? At least that's what it seems since the Devs dealt with the former and not with the latter. Baffling.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Simple problems need simple solutions. Throw a aggro OV device.
    Player needs to throw a Fake Taco at the OV to trigger Onslaught.
    Fixxd.
    :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    tilarta wrote: »
    It wasn't the open mission rewards this player was trying to collect, it was the villain tokens resulting from defeating players at the event minibosses.
    Basically, since no player could go anywhere near an event miniboss without the OV defeating them, this resulted in those players being unable to get their open mission rewards.
    You can avoid that by not using area effects, but agree it can be oppressive.

The proper fix for OVs would be to totally eliminate the 'get flagged for PvP when attacking them', and instead make them unattackable unless you use a device (available from OV vendor) to flag yourself.
    There was another game mechanic the OV was exploiting as well.
    When I first arrived to see the debacle for myself, I made sure not to attack anything or anyone, but apparently my character was using the passive mechanic that could trigger attack status.
    Naturally, I was quite surprised to be attacked even though all I was doing was watching.

The simplest fix would be to simply install the OV Response Turrets near the event minibosses, so if an OV takes their griefing/farming beyond acceptable behavior limits, then all a player has to do is stand near the turrets and let them solve the problem on their behalf.

edited October 2018
    Yeah, all of these "solutions" sound worse than the problem. We can't pave MC in those stupid turrets....
    tilarta wrote: »
    The simplest fix would be to simply install the OV Response Turrets near the event minibosses, so if an OV takes their griefing/farming beyond acceptable behavior limits, then all a player has to do is stand near the turrets and let them solve the problem on their behalf.
    That's not how the turrets work. they aggro any time an OV gets too close, or hits one. These would basically be land mines that'd make being an OV even harder than it is.
    ChampsWiki
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My characters
    The turret placement would only be temporary, for the duration of the event.
    Just put a pair of them near each miniboss location and when the event is over, they get removed along with the minibosses.
    Basically, if an OV player is aware of the turrets being at the minibosses, then they'll be smart enough to avoid those locations.

Which is exactly what the players wanted, a deterrent to keep the griefer/farmer away from the place where they had to go to participate in the event.
    The exact request was to place a Turakian Deathlord at the miniboss who would activate and target an OV exclusively if one should happen to be nearby.

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Congratulations on getting your problem solved \o3o/​​