test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

If they had done this instead....

2»

Comments

• spinnytop wrote: »
    So does this mean I have to buy a free form character slot for 3000 zen if I want to play with a single free form character?

No it doesn't mean that. It means you can pay 3000zen for a slot, or 6000 for two, or you can farm questionite and convert that to zen and depending on how much you do that you can reduce these prices anywhere from what they are now down to 0.

now I'm not planning on playing at all.

Considering the chances that you're a sock puppet account you shouldn't really expect anybody to care about that. Even if you're not, you need to realize that there are over 7 billion people not playing this game, and we didn't care when any of them decided not to play either.​​

Thanks nerd I got my answer from the other guy though who decided not to be douche bag on a high horse. Must be fun being a fat out of shape loser who rarely gets laid and get off on beating people in an online scamming mmo that used to be fair to new users but now wants to rip them off and charge $30 for one character. Lmfao fkn pompous dick head
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,430 Arc User
    Not to worry, no one cares if spinny plays either ;-)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • paxterraspaxterras Posts: 3 Arc User
    > @areee said:
    > Lifetime sub will unlock all the current cosmetics in the store, but will have to buy anything new added in the last 6 months and beyond. They will also get a passive 20% bonus to Exp, Resources, and Event $$ with 5 AT's of their choice unlocked.

As one of the people who bought a Lifetime Subscription >>pre-order<< ... my response woudl have been to demand my money back. Through a suit in small claims court, if need be.

The Day One Nerf already ticked me off immensely (a fun, fast-paced game turned into an nearly un-solo-able slogfest in a single morning). That nonsense ... wow, I'd've been SO ticked off. The monthly stipend of currency to buy things with is minimal enough ... making me have to spend cash for stuff, even things that had been added _before_ the F2P changeover ... that would have been a declaration of War.

As for making FF available to everyone for free? I don't think you should even be able to BUY it separately. Subscribe or live without, that's how it should have been done.

And before you think of calling me stingy or elitist about that: I was one of the first, if not THE first, to suggest that the free Archetypes should get one or two points in their progression where you could choose from a short list of powers - both to let people personalize _their_ version of that archetype somewhat, and also to give people a small _taste_ of what FreeForm could mean.
  • galactickirigalactickiri Posts: 92 Arc User
    FF are just too darn useful, so I don't see those going free any time soon, and they probably should not.

What really irritates me is so many emotes being character unlock instead of account unlock.
  • chaelkchaelk Posts: 7,732 Arc User
    Eh, they aren't totally wrong; the free to pay conversion was kinda botched. However, most of the basic problems predate F2P.

Champions needed a parent company which had a stake in the IP and which would provide money for investment. The inconsistency in the game and the content is down to the constant switching of developers and intention.

The funny thing about it now, of course, is that it's in the steadiest dev state it's ever been, and the lack of parent company demanding big money results is almost certainly the reason why it's still running while so many others have folded.

Champions IP is owned by Cryptic. They have a stake in it.
    As opposed to STO and NW where someone else does. Which means they have to prove they are using it well to keep access to the IP.
    Stuffing up Freeform builds since Mid 2011
    4e1f62c7-8ea7-4996-8f22-bae41fea063b_zpsu7p3urv1.jpg

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • paxterraspaxterras Posts: 3 Arc User
    chaelk wrote: »
    Champions IP is owned by Cryptic.
    Mmm, no, sorry. The Champions IP (and the Millenium City setting) is owned by Hero Games, and only licensed by Cryptic. :)
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited November 2018
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    paxterras wrote: »
    Mmm, no, sorry. The Champions IP (and the Millenium City setting) is owned by Hero Games, and only licensed by Cryptic. :)

You've got it the wrong way round. The intellectual property rights to the Champions setting are now held by Cryptic Studios. They bought the setting outright rather than licensing it. The IP is licensed back to Hero Games for the pen-and-paper game.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • soulforgersoulforger Posts: 1,649 Arc User
    paxterras wrote: »

You've got it the wrong way round. The intellectual property rights to the Champions setting are now held by Cryptic Studios. They bought the setting outright rather than licensing it. The IP is licensed back to Hero Games for the pen-and-paper game.

If I remember right, this was done on accident. But, do not remember off the top of my head.
    edited November 2018
    What? Are you saying that Cryptic went and bought the Champions IP by accident or that Hero Games somehow sold them the IP by accident instead of just licensing it?

Seems highly unlikely.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    What? Are you saying that Cryptic went and bought the Champions IP by accident or that Hero Games somehow sold them the IP by accident instead of just licensing it?

Seems highly unlikely.

"Oops! We went through a months long process of negotiation and then tripped and fell into a bunch of contracts, accidentally signing them!"

I mean... I'm pretty sure that's how that happens but if not I'd be interested in hearing how someone accidentally takes ownership of an IP and then leases it back to the previous owner .-.​​
    spinnytop wrote: »
    I'd be interested in hearing how someone accidentally takes ownership of an IP and then leases it back to the previous owner .-.​​

Me too =)

zrdRBy8.png
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    soulforger wrote: »
    If I remember right, this was done on accident. But, do not remember off the top of my head.
    It was not an accident. Both cryptic and hero games were quite clear that cryptic wanted to own the IP because they didn't want ot deal with licensing after the marvel fiasco.

Seems highly unlikely.
    It was not an accident. Both cryptic and hero games were quite clear that cryptic wanted to own the IP because they didn't want ot deal with licensing after the marvel fiasco.

Well, like I said, I couldn't remember what the story was off the top of my head. But, that makes sense they would do that.

As for zenith...well, I've seen some terribly worded contracts and stuff that could be taken in different ways then was actually meant.
    As for zenith...well, I've seen some terribly worded contracts and stuff that could be taken in different ways then was actually meant.

Which wasn't the case here, this wasn't an accident. Unless you actually know something about this case we don't..... in which case, please tell us the gossip.

zrdRBy8.png
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    I once bought a hooker by accident, no one believed me either
    I once bought a hooker by accident, no one believed me either

7Zyco4h.jpg

zrdRBy8.png

Which wasn't the case here, this wasn't an accident. Unless you actually know something about this case we don't..... in which case, please tell us the gossip.

I don't know anything about is case. Sorry, and even if I did, I bet I'd have a NDA going... :P